Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

foundation for pale skin?

Options
  • 14-06-2010 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I've tried Clinique almost make up, max factor and l'oreal true match but i can't find a colour that doesn't make me look orange. I've bought near enough the lightest shades in these and they're still a bit too dark i.e. there'd be a visible difference in colours (looks quite unatural). I don't want to look so pale I look sick but i want a foundation that won't turn my face orange. Not too expensive too! Just a foundation for everyday use :) thanks :)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

benefit spin the bottle is okay. i'm pale too and like looking that way.
    If you go into their counter they'll try everything on you and if you don't want to buy it there you can get it cheaper on http://ie.strawberrynet.com/main.aspx?region=IE&CurrId=EU

I've tried one from estee lauder too, 'double wear spf 10' in 'Ecru'

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

jenizzle wrote: »

that link doesn't work.

I use Bobbi Brown Skin in alabaster after trying all high street foundations and examining clinique it looked quite orange too. MAC NC/NW 15 is really orange on me too.
    benefit spin the bottle is okay. i'm pale too and like looking that way.
    If you go into their counter they'll try everything on you and if you don't want to buy it there you can get it cheaper on http://ie.strawberrynet.com/main.aspx?region=IE&CurrId=EU

I've tried one from estee lauder too, 'double wear spf 10' in 'Ecru'

Good luck!

Yeah it really annoys me that 90% of foundations are orange, some of us don't want to look like an oompa loompa and actually prefer the pale, natural look thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

i use bourjuis (sp?) 10 hour sleep effect, number 72 which is quite light and i wouldnt change :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

http://www.boots.com/en/Revlon-Beyond-Natural-Skin-Matching-Make-up-Foundation_920881/

Revlon - Beyond Natural Skin Matching Make-Up.

Comes out of the tube white and as you blend it onto your skin with your finger tips it changes to the colour of your skin. I use it in the lighest shade - Light!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Laura Mercier and Shiseido do uber-pale shades.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I find bobbi brown perfect, it also sits lightly on the skin so it doesn't feel yucky at the end of the day.

years ago I used to buy a bottle of the pure-white goth white makeup and mix it in with the more orangey stuff, worked nicely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Snow_White1987

After trying every pale make up under the sun - Laura Mericer, Bobbi Brown, Clinque, MAC, Estee Lauder and Elizabeth Areden the one I always go back to is a fairly new range of make up called: Illamasqua:

http://www.illamasqua.com/

You can order it online or go into BT2 on Grafton Street and the girls will match up up. The shades range from pure white and everything else in between so you'll find the perfect match. I mix a tiny bit of white make up in 115 with my usual shade of 133 (its for light skin with a neutral undertone - no pink or yellow tones in it) for a perfect skin match - yay! :D

The Rich and Cream foundations give amazing full coverage without looking 'cakey' and there is also a Light Foundation and a Mineral one too if you want it.

The prices are really reasonable about €21 for a foundation and the powder blushers and brushes are amazing too.

And best of all, the foundations last the entire day and don't block your pores like so many others do - perfect for those like myself who have blemish prone skin.

Make sure you go into to BT2 to get a colour match before you buy from the site as the swatches can be decieving - some of the white shades were even too pale for me, something which I never would've thought possibe :eek:

My HQ foundation used to be Elizabeth Arden Sponge on cream make up in 21 Ivory (really cheap at only €15 and available in Arnotts, Clearys and Boots in Liffy Valley) gives great coverage on is an amazing pale colour but because my skin is dry/combination it just wouldn't last the day and would highlight any dry bits on my dkin so I had to give it up :( I strongly recommend that as well though because it could be fantastic on if you have the right skin

If you want anymore help or info just let me know, I've tried and tested them all! :rolleyes::)

Jen

Advertisement