Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very pale, oily skin

Options
  • 03-05-2010 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi,

I'm finding it very hard to find make up to suit not only my skin colour but also my skin type. My skin I so fair that I can't get a foundation to match, I use MAC studio FX (NC15), and still it is just that little too dark.
    The second problem is that I have really oily skin and any foundation I put on my face ends up sliding off with all the oil and shine I produce. I use a face wash and toner for oily problem skin and a shine control lotion instead of moisturiser but still have the same problem. Has anyone got any tips that could help?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I use Loreal Rose Porcelain True Match Foundation, then I use Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse over it to keep it in place. And finish off with Transparent Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (i have tried lots of powders some quite expensive but find this one works best for me). Hope this helps..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Go to a make up counter Nickibaby and invest in some good make up that is hypoallergenic.
    I used to have very bad skin, oily, spotty and pale. I myself had to go to my and the best advice I got was to watch out for the hypoallergenic foundations, shop around and a cleanser, toner and moisturiser to suit your skin.

This was a good 12 years ago and there wasnt much of a choice really (for my budget) so I used to wear Vichy.

Other good foundations I have found are Clinique, Christian Dior and Prescriptives (my favourite because it is made to your specific skin type and wants). There are loads listed online though if you want to research further.
    Make sure and take time with the sales consultant, explain what you want exactly, get them to try it on you etc. There are foundations out there for all skin types! You will find it!

Oh and get a loose translucent power for the oilyness :)

One more tip for cleaning your skin: there is an amazing exfoliating facewash product by Benefit called "Snap out of it Honey" which is brilliant for deep cleans and your skin.

You'll be brand new!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

i used dior forever foundation before and it was brilliant. it might work for you.

It sounds like my skin is the same tone as yours.
    I use revlon colourstay for oily combo skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭laurak265

What brand cleanser and toner are you using? Can recommend dermalogicia dermal clay cleanser and multi active toner. Brill for absorbing and removing excess oil and sebum. Also their active moist moisturiser is brill rather than oil control lotion. I have a friend with the palest skin ever and she got a brill match in estee lauder double wear range and also has a lot of oil and shine and i agree..rimmel powder is the best at keeping make-up in place and matte. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 The Ice Queen

Chanel Matte Lumiere in Faience ia one of the best I've tried. Although given the price, I use Loreal Infallible in Ivory on not so special occasions!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

Try mineral foundation. It gives light coverage but soaks up all the oil. It actually improved my skin. It also has spf. There is no sunblock that doesn't give me acne so I wear it in Summer. I like the brand ID Minerals.

I find salycilic acid twice a day dries my skin out a treat- sometimes even to a peeling state depending on the weather! Acnisal is the one you can get in pharmacies.

I'd stay clear of fancy brands, I tried them all and the routine I have now is cheap and effective. People wouldn't believe I have acne because I never have spots. Acid wash twice a day, Benzoyl peroxide once a day and adapalene once a day.

Advertisement