Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Online Darts Software Tournament Sign-Up/Discussion

Options
  • 05-02-2009 2:13pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok lads so anyone interested in taking part in the tournament should sign-up in this thread.

Basically how it works is that we us www.ezchalk.com to track the cores of the games. It's a way to play against an opponent without having to be in the same room as them, you just throw your darts and enter your score on ezchalk and they do the same. Now there is a trust aspect to this, it is very easy to cheat by entering a higher score than you got but we are going to trust everyone to enter the correct score.

Depensing on how many players enter the tournament it will either be straight knockout or a league phase like the Premier League. For each match there will be a time limit of let's just say 3 days for the two people to play each other. It is up to the two opponents to agree a time that suits them but it must be played within the time slot. The score of that match will then be posted on boards by one of the players for all to see. If we get 8 or more we will do straight knockout, if we get less we will do a league.

If anyone has any suggestions or anything then post them up here. I hope I explained that well enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Put me down thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

I only got broadband in the gaf last night..........will download this tonight and have a go.

So stick me down aswell.........although I am playing woeful at the mo :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Put me down for it please!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Sign me up!
    MBC wrote: »
    will download this tonight and have a go.
    No download needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Sounds cool, count me in

• Advertisement

Sign me up!

No download needed :)

Okay just checked it out there...........not sure how does it work? anyone any advice?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Okay just checked it out there...........not sure how does it work? anyone any advice?

All you have to do is sign-up to the site then you are good to go. It's like dartpro or anything where you can play on your own, the site is for playing against another person. You simply go to Two Internet Players and set-up the game. Your game will appear in the game list. someone then clicks on your game in the list and off you go. it's very simple to do.

By the way I'll leave this thread open until Sunday night to see how many players we get and we can kick it all off next week.

Is that you on EZChalk now MBC?

Yep think that me:

Paul Kinsella
    Boards Comp

Can you see me?

So is throw 1 = 1st Dart Score or 1st 3darts scrore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Put me down for this. Hope my mobile broadband connection doesn't go down mid game!

Only problem i can see is the difference in quality between players... I usually average between 45 and 50 but am capable of lower and occasionally i can hit the mid to high 50's over a short game, but i know there are players here who will average around 70....

I guess its only a bit of fun i guess and even if some of us aren't as good, it's a good way to improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 el_duderino

Count me In - I'm pretty rubbish but it could be a laugh. :)

the dude

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

So is throw 1 = 1st Dart Score or 1st 3darts scrore?

Throw 1 is your first dart score, throw 2 your second etc
    Degag wrote: »
    Put me down for this. Hope my mobile broadband connection doesn't go down mid game!

Only problem i can see is the difference in quality between players... I usually average between 45 and 50 but am capable of lower and occasionally i can hit the mid to high 50's over a short game, but i know there are players here who will average around 70....

I guess its only a bit of fun i guess and even if some of us aren't as good, it's a good way to improve.

Well that's the same as myself, I'll usually average somewhere in the 50's and there will definitely be better players than me but it's only a laugh and it's all practice.

Oh a question lads, how long do you think the games should be? Best of three sets? Best of 9 legs?

Something like the PL would be cool.... 14 legs or something? mightn't be able to be done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Oh a question lads, how long do you think the games should be? Best of three sets? Best of 9 legs?
    Best of 9 legs is okay with me.

Maybe if it's a knock out maybe have the first round best of 3 sets, semis best of 5 sets and the final best of 7 sets!

is it best of 5 or best of three in each set?? Best of three or five sets seems long

Personally I'd like a longer format but I'd settle for best of 9 legs, once I'm playing I'm happy!:)

Why not early stages best of 9, then lengthen it as the tournament goes on??

Here here.........I agree with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

I'll give it a go

I'd go along with that, maybe that is the best way.

Lol i just averaged 38, checked 1/22 and lost 8 legs to one.... Bottom of the league me thinks. Every dart i threw went into a 1 or a 5... couldn't buy a double. Then when i had a 120 checkout threw first 2 into the t20 bed:rolleyes:

Yeah sounds good to me. Best of 9 legs anyway at the start ad depending on whether it's a league or knockout we can decide on the length for the latter rounds.

So far the players signed up are:

Kingp35
    Ronan|Raven
    MBC
    ratinakeg
    death1234567
    Evolution Enter
    Degag
    el_duderino
    ciarraibhoy

I still think a League format is best because then we will all get a few games. If a few more signup we will have it as play each other once instead of twice. In fact play each other once is probably best anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

lol another thread for the same thing

yeah count me in then. could be a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭passinginterest

I'll give it a go. Might be tricky getting people online at the same time and all that but sure why not.

Even if people decide to cheat it makes no difference, it's still the same as the computer generating a random score on n01 or whatever. Can't see anyone being bothered cheating anyway.

Looks to me like you can only chose best of 7 unless you play more than one set. Maybe make it best of 3 sets, best of 5 legs each set

Looks to me like you can only chose best of 7 unless you play more than one set. Maybe make it best of 3 sets, best of 5 legs each set

I think that's too long a game, especially if we are having a league phase. Sure if it only goes to best of seven then you can just keep score yourself, play the best of seven and then start another game until someone wins the 5 legs required. Actually if we are doing a League phase we should make it best of ten legs so that the game can end in a draw.

Good numbers so far, should be a good tournament. Let's say entrance is closed at 5pm on Sunday then I can do up all the fixtures etc on Sunday night and sort it all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Signed up there so count me in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭scunner

Sign me up. Havnt played much lately but willing to give it a go.

• Advertisement

17 players now!
    Anyway here the is updated list of players;

Kingp35
    Ronan|Raven
    MBC
    ratinakeg
    death1234567
    Evolution Enter
    Degag
    el_duderino