Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Noclight: gamblitis

Options
  • 21-02-2010 10:30pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Trying the hotseat for size this week, it's gamblitis! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Do you consider gambling a disease?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭flying _squirl

how do YOU eat yours?

do you crack your knuckles?

last thing that really pizzed you off?

last thing that you thought was awesum?

thing that allways cheers you up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

What's the secret plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Favorite Metallica album and song?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Well well well...look who it is!:pac:

Referring to the Doctor's question: do you really have inflammation of the gambling?

Three songs you really love?

What is your opinion on cats?

Should a Marvel or D.C. comics executive give you creative license to make one character and he publishes it, what would it be?

Ever cried laughing watching a movie?

What is your Breakfast of Champion?

Will you give me five reasons why you think boards is awesome?

What really grinds your gears?

Favourite song to play on GH/RB? and what instrument?

Are you all about jelly beans?

Redheads, yay or nay? (your loving of beers may depend on this question:p) we shall annoy you to no end remember...

How awesome was your first beers with us?

Last questions for now...do you have a party trick? and is there a particular skill you would like to learn?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,726 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

1) how did you end up on boards??

2) can you juggle??

3) if you could have any zoo animal as a pet, what would you choose??

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭gamblitis

Excuse my lateness. :)
    Do you consider gambling a disease?

Maybe a disease is a very strong word, I would refer to it as an affliction maybe. :)
    how do YOU eat yours?
    I can't eat Cadburys chocolate. :( I have been too lazy to find out what exactly causes it but I get a horrible allergic reaction which results in blisters in my mouth which I tells ya is not pretty. :(
    do you crack your knuckles?
    Yes. I love it. I try and go for about 30 cracks hitting all the joints in my hands! :)
    last thing that really pizzed you off?
    One of my committee members who is so lazy it's unbelievable. There was a load of work to be done and yet he just sat there and didn't even lift a finger to help. RAGEEE!!
    last thing that you thought was awesum?
    Metallica! :P \m/ It doesn't take much to amuse me but to impress me, you'd have to pull something major out o the bag As they did August 1st last.
    thing that allways cheers you up?
    Seeing someone absolutely crack themselves open! Dunno what it is, maybe I'm evil but it makes me feel whole inside!
    Rozabeez wrote: »
    What's the secret plan?
    Mwhahaha secret, secret! :):) Nah, it was just a game of scrabble thats all. :P......or was it????
    Jako8 wrote: »
    Favorite Metallica album and song?
    Ok, this is a tough one. I've been switching albums and songs by the new time lately and I think I've finally settled on Fixxxer/The Outlaw Torn/House That Jack Built for song and Load/Reload for album. :)

Well well well...look who it is!:pac:

Referring to the Doctor's question: do you really have inflammation of the gambling?

I do indeed. It started when I was about 14. I started working in a bar owned by horsey people so I got into it from there. Reading form and backing a few here and there that the local jockey tipped. I had been playing poker in the mean time too. I've given up on the horses as it was killing me! Saturday afternoons sitting in the bookies waiting for the result of the 3.15 at Kempton is not as fun as it sounds. I play a mean game of poker tough!! :)
    Three songs you really love?
    I'm gonna try and pick 3 non-Metallica songs for this.
    I love Turn The Page by Bob Segar.
    Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd <3
    and......Baz Lurman - Sunscreen. I oft get a lump in my throat listening to this. Everyone should listen to this song at least every 2 days!
    What is your opinion on cats?
    Not a fan! I def more of a dog lover. :)

Should a Marvel or D.C. comics executive give you creative license to make one character and he publishes it, what would it be?
    I've never really thought about this! I love questions that make you think and challenge your creative side at 10am! :P I think it would have to be The Hulk with Spiderman's web and Wolverine's claws. I would name him.....Gav. :P

Ever cried laughing watching a movie?
    I've literally fallen over laughing at Ricky Gervais, but i don't think I've ever shed a tear.
    What is your Breakfast of Champion?
    4 Sausages, 3 Rashers, 2 Eggs(Fried and runny :)), 4 Pudding, 2 Black, 2 White, Some nicely fried tomatoes all served by Nicole Kidman. With some tea of course!

Will you give me five reasons why you think boards is awesome?
    1)People here are sound!
    2)Lots of helpful topics.
    3)I love parody sometimes! :P
    4)Passes the time in an astonishing fashion!
    5)We go for beers!!!

What really grinds your gears?
    Laziness. I don't mind people relaxing and taking it easy when the opportunity comes but if there is a lot of work to do and people think it's fine just to sit back and let everyone else take the slack I get really riled up.

Work hard, play hard! You earn your relaxation time! :)
    Favourite song to play on GH/RB? and what instrument?
    I love Beast and The Harlot, GH 3 I think it was on. Favoutite instrument is def the guitar. Can't manage the drums fr my life and the singing is easy as long as it's not on expert. :P Just match the tone and you're fine.

Are you all about jelly beans?
    Aww yeah, I love my jelly beans!! You can fit easily 30 in your mouth at once! It's great!

Redheads, yay or nay? (your loving of beers may depend on this question:p) we shall annoy you to no end remember...
    Yay, they can be feisty at time but I like that. :P

How awesome was your first beers with us?
    Was great! Can't wait for the next one. next time we'll all have to get out and bust some moves on the dancefloor! :)

Last questions for now...do you have a party trick? and is there a particular skill you would like to learn?
    Well it ain't so much of a party trick so much as a piece. I sing Johnny Cash songs when I have a few in me. I can do a few card tricks too bu they don't last very long. :) If we played poker I could make your money disappear though! That's a trick I've been ding for a number of years. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Can you name this smiley:

_██_
    (ಠ_ೃ)

?

koth wrote: »
    1) how did you end up on boards??
    I think I went searching for a topic needing some advice and I registered an account. Was very inactive for the first 2 years as i didn't really know anyone. I think I was just looking for the right forum, which I'm not sure how I found but I've bee here since. :)
    2) can you juggle??
    I go through stages of being able to and then losing it. I never stick at it which I think is my let flaw. But give me two oranges and I'll juggle till the cows come home! :)
    3) if you could have any zoo animal as a pet, what would you choose??
    I think I would have a Tiger or some sort. I really love big cats. I hate those small domestic ones.

Or maybe a Chimp, I could teach it to do stuff for me! Wash my clothes, cook my dinner! Do my college assignments whenever I have one of them to do again! :P

• Advertisement

Can you name this smiley:

_██_
    (ಠ_ೃ)

?

:karlhungus: ?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Jako8 stole my (quite obvious) question...

So I'll ask you this: I was surprised when u said Load/Reload are your fave albums at the moment, usually "real Metallica fans" say even the black album was a bit commercial bla bla, I myself am a fan Load so I share your feelings...can u give me more insight on your preferences? Why/What, how do u answer to the purists' critique? That would make me happy ^_^

Jako8 stole my (quite obvious) question...

So I'll ask you this: I was surprised when u said Load/Reload are your fave albums at the moment, usually "real Metallica fans" say even the black album was a bit commercial bla bla, I myself am a fan Load so I share your feelings...can u give me more insight on your preferences? Why/What, how do u answer to the purists' critique? That would make me happy ^_^

Wow, great question! I'm gonna try my best to answer this.

Why I love Load first of all;

Now I know it doesn't follow the same trend as their 4 monumental albums from the 80's, but this is no reason for people to say they sold out. This was an experimental album and I love them for changing their pace and sound.
    That's not saying I don't love all their albums. I do (except St. Anger which never existed in my opinion)!

They have some fantastic songs on this such as 2X4, House That Jack Built, Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn and loads more. It's a nice long album which I appreciate. It actually means they put some effort in and wanted it to mean something instead of having a crappy 35-40 minute album. Well imho. The lyrics in most of those songs really strike a chord with me for some reason. Even though I have heard these songs hundreds of times I still appreciate them like it was the first time! lol

In answer to the purists;

Purists needs to take those sticks out of their asses! The band did not sell out. They tried a different avenue and imo it worked. If people are pissed because they didn't stay with the same trend fast paced thrashy metal albums of the 80's then they need to get over themselves. This attracted a whole new set of fans which massively increased the popularity of the band an their songs which is a bad thing??? How does popular=bad??

I'm hoping that answers your questions. Feel free to ask many more! :)

bet you didn't see this one coming.

why do you hate Jeff Bridges?? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What pisses you off about society?

Ever land a big win in the bookies? :pac:

The world is ending, pick your team your five to save it.

bet you didn't see this one coming.

why do you hate Jeff Bridges?? :pac:

>.< Damn you! :P

Well tbh, I think he is a terrible actor. I didn't even like him in The Big Lebowski! He just has one of those faces and personalities which really grinds my gears!

He may have been in good movies but the characters he plays are extremely annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Thank you Gamb, it all makes sense to me.
    I have the same love for the lyrics of that album, also.
    /has a happy

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Since you seem to be a fanboi of MEtallica, what did you think of their involvement in the Napster business several years ago?

Do you not think that a band ceasing to challenge themselves and their audience is a bad thing? I cite the afore mentioned Metallica who have reduced themselves to nothing more than radio friendly unit shifters having once been part of the movement that created thrash metal (yes, I'm a bit of a music snob and I hate to see musical laziness, so I feel the same way about U2, RHCP and several others).

Do you play any musical instrument (or sing) yourself?

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Have you any major regrets in life so far?

Thank you :)

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    What pisses you off about society?
    People have become so close minded. People should be free to talk about what they like in the open and not be judged by snobs who think they are better than everyone else because they belong to the "banking class".

Also wage classifications! Something that has always bemused me is the fact that people think it's ok for someone who kicks a ball around for an hour and a half every Saturday deserves to earn 150 grand a week where the top professionals in Neurosurgery earn roughly 300 grand a year!!

What is with that? I would love if someone could explain that to me!How is it that someone who saves hundreds of peoples lives earns in a year what a footballer who causes riots on occasions, beatings and deaths can earn in a fortnight! It's absolutely ridiculous!!

Ever land a big win in the bookies? :pac:
    I've won a couple of hundred on occasion but that's about it unfortunately. I'm planning on making a big scoop some day at the WSOP! :) A guy can dream.
    The world is ending, pick your team your five to save it.

Iceman, Ricky Gervais, The Hulk, MetaKnight and Croc Dundee! I think they cover every aspect of a world disaster.

1) last movie you saw? And what you thought of it.

2) last album you bought?

3) recommend a band that, not metallica though:P

• Advertisement

See you like Ricky Gervais.

Have you seen invention of lying? and if yes, was it any good?

Like Gervais myself and haven't seen that movie yet.

Kharn wrote: »
    Since you seem to be a fanboi of MEtallica, what did you think of their involvement in the Napster business several years ago?

Do you not think that a band ceasing to challenge themselves and their audience is a bad thing? I cite the afore mentioned Metallica who have reduced themselves to nothing more than radio friendly unit shifters having once been part of the movement that created thrash metal (yes, I'm a bit of a music snob and I hate to see musical laziness, so I feel the same way about U2, RHCP and several others).

I'm very busy at the mo so when I'm free later I'll sit down and answer this properly if that's cool?
    Do you play any musical instrument (or sing) yourself?

I can play a range of instruments, guitar, flute, tin whistle, little bit of drums, bodhran(if that counts), accordion, piano and I've tried playing the violin but I ain't making the best of it. :(
    What do you want to be when you grow up?

Remembered! :P
    I would love to be an astronomer or some form of scientist. Something Mathsy related but I think I might be pushing it.
    Have you any major regrets in life so far?

Not working hard enough to do what I wanted in college. :( And then quitting college is another for that list. There is one or two women related problems too but I'll keep those for me if you don't mind. :)

Thank you :)
    Very Welcome. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Do you like answering questions?

Cider - Love it or Hate it?

Extremely sorry for my late reply guys I've just been snowed under over the past couple of days and haven't had much free time. :(

Ok things may not have been worded correctly but I don't think it was about the money as lots of people thought it was. Why would a massive band who had 20 years of fame behind them worry about the money? I think they were standing for their principals which I do respect them for but tbh they were fighting a losing battle. This was regarding music as a whole and not just them personally.
    Do you not think that a band ceasing to challenge themselves and their audience is a bad thing?

If you mean "not having enough faith in themselves of their fans to deal with this", then I do think this is a bad thing but having the guts to stick their neck out and standing up for music regardless of the outcome I think deserves some respect.

I'm not intimately familiar with the situation unfortunately but from what I have read on the topic, that is my opinion.
    who have reduced themselves to nothing more than radio friendly unit shifters

Have you listened to Death Magnetic?
    1) last movie you saw? And what you thought of it.
    The last movie I saw was "Where The Wild Things Are" with James Gandolfini.

Was ok I guess! Wasn't a huge fan but it passed a couple of hours for me. Some cool characters and the end actually nearly made me cry which makes me think it was good enough to hold my attention for the whole movie. :P
    2) last album you bought?
    3) recommend a band that, not metallica though:P
    Tool! :D:D
    See you like Ricky Gervais.

Have you seen invention of lying? and if yes, was it any good?

Like Gervais myself and haven't seen that movie yet.
    I have not seen it yet but would like to regardless of the sh!t reviews it's gotten! :(
    Do you like answering questions?
    Yeah I like it. Makes you get your thinking cap on for some things.
    Cider - Love it or Hate it?
    Haaaaaate it!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

gamblitis wrote: »
    How does popular=bad??

In metal popularity is frowned upon. :rolleyes:

Do you agree that Outlaw Torn on S&M is epic?
    If you could remove one country from existence what one would it be and why?

In metal popularity is frowned upon. :rolleyes:

:P
    Do you agree that Outlaw Torn on S&M is epic?
    Yes. :D Probably my favorite song on that album. :)
    If you could remove one country from existence what one would it be and why?

I would probably pick Guinea-Bissau as I have no idea where it is. Have no clue about the culture of the people who live there and I think if it was gone tomorrow it wouldn't really have that much of an impact on my life whatsoever.

If anyone would like to educate me on this country or its people I am very willing to learn. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Favourie dinosaur?

Out of the Nocs you didn't meet at the beers who would you be most interested in meeting?

Are you enjoying the Humanitas Tournament?

Daddy or chips?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Favourie dinosaur?
    I think it would have to be the Stegosaurus! He looks like a hefty beast you don't want to mess with. :)
    Out of the Nocs you didn't meet at the beers who would you be most interested in meeting?
    I would very much like to meet DooM and Kharn actually.
    Are you enjoying the Humanitas Tournament?

Yes very much so. It seems I don't have to do as much reading up on these characters as I do for the other tournaments.(Only really gotten involved lately really) Superheros or comic book characters are not something I'm very knowledgeable about unfortunately.
    Daddy or chips?
    Mmmmmm chips.

1) you win the lotto, what is your first purchase??
    2) favourite country you've been to??
    3) country you haven't been to, that you'd like to visit??
    4) favourite tv show??
    5) what's your tv guilty pleasure??

• Advertisement

1) you win the lotto, what is your first purchase??
    My first purchase would be an absolute beast of a PC so I can play all the games I bought on steam which I can't do now since I have a mac.
    2) favourite country you've been to??
    Finland! It's covered in snow!!!!! :D
    3) country you haven't been to, that you'd like to visit??

Canada or New Zealand, both look like really cool places and would love to visit both some day soon.
    4) favourite tv show??

Easily South Park :)
    5) what's your tv guilty pleasure??
    I do love me some Grey's Anatomy. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement