Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Osram Nightbreaker

Options
  • 31-01-2009 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

After reading some reviews on here about Osram nightbreaker bulbs I thought I'd try a set in my 2004 caddy van in H4 fitment(2 new headlights fitted 1 month ago). First I fitted new 60/55w tungsram H4 bulbs focused the headlights on the beamsetter and then measured the light output. and afterwards brought the van out for a spin. Back to workshop and removed the standard bulbs and fitted the osram bulbs and again checked focus and measured light output very little light output differance, out for another drive definatly a whiter/bluer colour from the beam but definatly not "Nightbreakers" My verdict, definatly not worth the extra cost for what is basically just a slightly differant coloured beam without much extra light output, I'm going back to my 130/90w bulbs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

I'm going back to my 130/90w bulbs.

Well I know you tried the standard H4 55/60W, but you went back to 90/130W? :eek: What did you expect miracles from the Night Breakers? If you want more light, get proper HIDs

edit: if you can get OEM HIDs for a Caddy (I don't know?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I put a set into my prelude, though they were very good, gave a noticeable difference and thats all you can ask of a bulb. Plus there not much dearer that standard if you buy them on the net.

edit, i put these in after i put a non oem set of HID's into the car, the housing was just not suitable at all, sent the light all over the road. I'd say i blinded a few driver on the short test drive with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Anytime I've fitted a non standard bulb it has resulted in vastly reduced service life...

Made in China syndrome?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Did buy them on the net and still over twice the price of ordinary bulbs, not worth the extra for very little extra light output imo

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

Does the 130/90s not cause any problems with the wiring? With that high amperage I'd be afraid of melt down! Still, some cars have better wiring than others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

They're wired through relays using heavier wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

What about those special bulbs you can get at Halfords? cant rem the name of them, but they're about 20 euro.
    Are they any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Where can I buy a nightbreaker H11? Besides the Internet.

Galway Limerick or Cork or anywhere in between would be helpful.

Advertisement