Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*********PES4 and USB Ethernet router FIX!**********

Options
  • 12-12-2004 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Sorted this today for my bro who has same issue as most.

DOING THIS WILL TURN OFF YOUR ROUTER

If you using a USB/Ethernet Modem (standard off IOL and Eircom)
    You must uninstall it , reinstall it using the USB connection.
    DO NOT USE THE ISP SOFTWARE
    Let windows install the modem , if req point Windows to the CD where the drivers are again do not use the ISP software.
    Then when installed and ready to use go to
    START/ACCESSORIES/NEW CONNECTION WIZARD or START/NETWORK CONNECTIONS
    Create new connection to internet , set your settings manually , broadband with login and password, insert pass and login supplied by ISP.
    Then click OK
    When done you should now have an option in START/CONNECT TO / and whatever you named the connection is now available.

Make sure you have a good software firewall as your modem router is now just a modem.
    THis is mainly for gamers anyone who uses the router for networking will have to rethink the method above and suit it to their setup.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 4000Holes

Thanks man this sorted my problems. Well, almost. I can now get past the first screen (the "Resolving Host" bit or whatever) but once I enter the IP and select Challenge, it comes up with "Waiting" for a minute or two then says "Unable to Connect"

I've tried everything I can think of. Given PES access in my firewall, configured pinholes in this crappy Netopia. Still no luck. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You still using the router , to dot he above fix you only use that little box as a modem nothing else. you will have to rely on software firewall.

Which is why i sold my modem the day i got it and always use a PCI modem.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 4000Holes

Ah right. I thought I had - I installed it without using the quickstart software. Nevertheless, I'll try again. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Is that just to host I will have to reinstall or will I have to do it to play online at all seems like an afful lot of effort. is there any other way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Derek above is mainly for single users , is a bit of an effort but worth it tbh.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Im not that tecnicaly minded but I will try and do it during the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

thanks for the info

Advertisement