Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch and other alarms

Options
  • 05-08-2004 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Are there any competing compaines to eircom phonewatch ?? or do they still have the monopoly

Thanks

Fionn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Fionn101 wrote:
    Are there any competing compaines to eircom phonewatch ?? or do they still have the monopoly
    Yes. Phonewatch are merely a coimpany that puts alarm installation together with monitoring. AMS, Chubb and a few other companies also do monitoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭The Security ma

No!

Several alarm companies (myself included) install wirefree alarms which are both cheaper and more efficient.

An NSAI certified company can also connect you to a monitoring company.

Eircom have now resorted to door-to-door sales - this is a good indication of how bad things have got for them... Its costing them too much waiting for the phone to ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Hey,

I am interested in a wire-free alarm system ( not monitored )

Can you give me some more info on these such as who sells them, how much they generally cost etc ?

Cheers.

Most security companies do wirefree alarms now - its not like their 'unheard of' anymore.

look up any in your local directory. usually cost @ €1,200 for a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cindy

Are you in the Dublin Area? Chris Quail Alarm, Electrical & Property Maintenance will give you a quote for a wired or wireless alarm. YOu can also monitor your own alarm.

For further information contact Chris at 086 2252629 or 01 4625729 his email is cquail@ntlworld.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Probably a silly question - but, if you don't have a land line - can you have a monitored alarm?? Any way to rig a mobile up to it?

Unfortunately not.

Unless you win the lotto.... A GSM dialler unit costs about 600 Euries - and then you got to pay 'line-rental' for the sim card (25 per month!) which is locked inside the unit, that you cant use!!

A customer of mine, without a landline asked me the same question - I told him to get a landline and pay the rental, cause it'll still work out cheaper! :cool:

Advertisement