Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 2 Cheap Newspapers

Options
  • 10-01-2009 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

More so a permanent offer than a bargain alert but here goes. Meant for those that work in Dublin 2 and pass Trinity College everyday- if you go through Front Arch of Trinity and turn left as soon as you enter the square and take the first door on the left and turn swiftly right you will be in the Students Union shop.
    Papers are discounted - ie Irish Times normally €1.80, its 85c. The Guardian, 60c and so on. They also have Phoenix magazine which is normally €2.40 for 50c. There is a limited range of magazines ( mainly Time, The Economist, etc ) not sure if they are discounted as well as Ive never bought one but you can try.
    The discounts are mainly meant for students of the college but over the years the shop has built up a loyal following of workers in the area and they don't seem to mind serving them discounted papers. The shop is literally a 20 second walk from the main front gate of Trinity so it could be handy for lots of people who pass it on their way to work:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

same deal in dcu and most other colleges I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

same deal in dcu and most other colleges I reckon.

Not many non-academics pass through the other colleges though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

I'll have a look on monday, anyone know what time the shop opens, i'm usually passing trinity at 8am. Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'll have a look on monday, anyone know what time the shop opens, i'm usually passing trinity at 8am. Thanks

It should be open by then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

There's also a smaller shop by the Westland Row entrance for those getting off the DART.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭faoile@n

Its the same with the shops n UCC half price i believe ;)

Advertisement