Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear Live

Options
  • 10-09-2008 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭

Did anyone get tickets for the Top Gear live show?

Should be good craic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

Absolute disaster trying to book on line this morning.

Joined the queue but when I got to the top & tried to book, the system kept crashing with "SQL" errors. At one point I had tickets booked but when I went to confirm, they were gone!

Tried help line (0818 300264) all morning but busy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jack321

would not pay 100 euro to see Top Gear ,
    an absolute rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

pbirney wrote: »
    Absolute disaster trying to book on line this morning.

Joined the queue but when I got to the top & tried to book, the system kept crashing with "SQL" errors. At one point I had tickets booked but when I went to confirm, they were gone!

Tried help line (0818 300264) all morning but busy :(

I know don't mention the war, I've had 2 very frustrating hours, i'm only beginning to calm down now.

At least I got the tickets for Sat evening in the end. Did you manage to get any?

Victor_M wrote: »
    I know don't mention the war, I've had 2 very frustrating hours, i'm only beginning to calm down now.

At least I got the tickets for Sat evening in the end. Did you manage to get any?

No. I should have mentioned that when I tried to go back I ended up in the queue again. Currently 5853 in line :(

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

I queued online this morning and managaed to get 2 tickets for the Sunday morning. I kept getting SQL errors too but just hit the back button which got me around it. It told me Saturday was booked out with only Corporate tickets left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

DaveD wrote: »
    I queued online this morning and managaed to get 2 tickets for the Sunday morning. I kept getting SQL errors too but just hit the back button which got me around it. It told me Saturday was booked out with only Corporate tickets left.

I got that initially all right, got back in eventually about 40 mins later only to find availability on the Sat Evening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Got tickets for Friday evenings show last wednesday. Happy out. Should be good.

Just managed to get through on the phone. I was looking for 3 tickets but could only get 2 for Saturday morning. I went ahead & booked the 2. The girl said that they will be releasing more tickets & to keep and eye on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

It looks like complete rubbish like all car shows. €100! you'd want your head examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Two big threads in the Top Gear forum here and here.

I'm more than happy to pay €100+ to see the three in action. When will I ever get another chance? It's better than blowing €100 on a night out or on clothes or consoles or whatever imo.

• Advertisement

qz wrote: »
    Two big threads in the Top Gear forum here and here.

I'm more than happy to pay €100+ to see the three in action. When will I ever get another chance? It's better than blowing €100 on a night out or on clothes or consoles or whatever imo.

Thanks qz. Perhaps the mods can merge the threads?

Totally agree. If you're a petrolhead & Top Gear fan it's well worth the money.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just got 2 for Friday night there. www.rdstickets.com. Took around 2 minutes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Sadly we'll only see two in action. James May isn't supposed to be there

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

LolaDub wrote: »
    Sadly we'll only see two in action. James May isn't supposed to be there

He'd better be there! Theyre advertising all three of them so Ill ask for 33% back! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

100e is alot for tickets, I have signed up for tickets to go the BBC studios outside Guildford and see it there. Only about another two years before I should get something.

Plus you get the see all the test cars on the track and when your bored, you can hop on over to Mercedes World in Brooklands and take a tour around there (been there once already - some spot - three floors high), £75 and you can test drive any AMG car in their range around their test track.

antodeco wrote: »
    He'd better be there! Theyre advertising all three of them so Ill ask for 33% back! :D

LOL not a bad idea!!!

Are you sure they're advertising him? I spoke to someone at brand events when i got my tickets before and they said he wouldn't be there. I hadn't seen any adverts with him. Fingers crossed he will be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

kluivert wrote: »
    I have signed up for tickets to go the BBC studios outside Guildford and see it there. Only about another two years before I should get something.

How long ago did you sign up? You do know that the waiting list to go to a show in the BBC studio is close on 20 years. I signed up for tickets nearly five years ago, I hope to see get tickets before I retire!!

Re Top Gear Live in the RDS. To echo what I have said on the thread over in the TG forum the website is an absolute catastrophy. It's a complete disgrace to leave thousands of people queuing for hours only for errors to appear when you try to book. Although I'm no fan of Ticketmaster they should have been running the booking. The hotline seems to be the place where people are getting most joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Just looked up Mercedes world Brooklands and found this for the AMG experience
    "All drivers must produce a full UK licence"
    So unless they take an Irish one your screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

sorry to be the bad news bear, but:
    Top Gear Live - November 2008

The current allocation of tickets for Top Gear Live have been sold. Further tickets and additional shows will be released for sale in the near future. Please check back for updates or call 0818 300 275.

got mine when the brown thomas ones went on sale last week. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

vibe666 wrote: »
    sorry to be the bad news bear, but:

I just called them 5 minutes ago and booked 3 tickets for Sunday November 30 th at 5 o'clock.
    It costed me 100 euro for one ticket.

When I rang them they answered straight away.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Cnuts! I called before 12 today and was told they where sold out, looking through the other TG thread they released a 2nd batch after :( If only the guy told me.

Also where's this 100 euro sum coming from where thye not meant to be 75?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I'm going on Friday night. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

vibe666 wrote: »

Are these the ones with the backstage extras? My sister bought me a pair for my birthday and its hard to get info on exactly what extras you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Are these the ones with the backstage extras? My sister bought me a pair for my birthday and its hard to get info on exactly what extras you get?

Silver ticket includes:
    • A seat at Top Gear Live theatre performance
    • Access to our Prestige & Performace show, including: The hall of fame, Car stuff, Stig's Lair and our 4x4 experience.
    • A complimentary Top Gear Live Showguide
    Platinum ticket includes:
    • A premium seat at Top Gear live theatre performance
    • Access to our Prestige & Performance show, including: The hall of fame, Car Stuff, Stig's Lair and our 4x4 experience
    Opening night ticket includes:
    • A seat a the first ever Top Gear Live Thursday the 28th of November at 7.30pm
    • Access to our Prestige & Performance show including: The hall of fame,Car Stuff,Stig's Lair and our 4x4 experience
    Limited Edition Brown Thomas Ticket includes:
    • A premium seat at Top Gear Live theatre performance
    • A Paddock Tour where you will see all the behind-the-scenes activity
    • Access to our Prestige & Performance show including: The hall of fame,Car stuff,Stig's Lair and our 4x4 experience
    • A €50 Brown Thomas voucher for the first 2000 tickets sold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rosiepig

HI i got 2 platinium tickets this am , it was the only option i could see, just wondered what other tickets were on offer and what iget with a platinium one?? Anyone know???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

How do I know which tickets will I have?
    I paid for them 95 euros and just ordered them today, but i v no clue what type of tickets i got.

I think the opening night ones are 25 on top of the usual price and the bt ones are another 25 on top of that. I have bt tickets for opening night and they were 125 each. 75+25+25 as far as i knew. The 50 euro voucher is only if you spend 250 and it has to be in menswear (bugger)

Bobo78 wrote: »
    How do I know which tickets will I have?
    I paid for them 95 euros and just ordered them today, but i v no clue what type of tickets i got.

Looks like you got the platinum tickets. They were €95 + booking fee of €5.50.

Booking fee of 5.50? Thats ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Wonder if the tout's will get in on the act and start selling the tickets for twice the face value?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement