Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flopped tripped kings against a boards member... now what!?

Options
  • 17-01-2007 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭

we're only playing for the change in our wallets, but still this hand was fairly interesting. we're heads up and blinds are 10c/20c, both of us have about €8 give or take. again the amount of money in play is not the issue but the hand and how it went. Villain in this hand is aodea on boards, or anto to those who know him. For those who dont know him he mainly plays STT's and plays a very tight game, but very capable of mixing it up. basically, no chump. i get dealt Kh3d.

we both see the flop in an unraised pot. (40c)

FLOP: Kd , Ad, Ks

i'm first to act and bet the pot, 40c with my trips. aodea flat calls. (pot 1.20)

TURN: Kd, Ad, Ks, 4d

i check, aodea bets 1.20, and i call. (pot 3.60)

RIVER: Kd, Ad, Ks, 4d, 2c

i check, aodea bets 2.00 (pot now 5.60) and i..... ?!?!

2 questions:

1. how is my play in this hand? the flop i think is fine, i think my turn check is very weak, especially with the flush card and the river check isnt much better. advise always welcome.

2. fold, call, raise on the end? this is my main question... what would you do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

the check on the turn isint bad if your planning a check raise. I'd re-pop it to about $3 on the turn. If he has a hand this will have him almost committed.

Raise the end. Neither of you are playing deep, its likely even a tight player will call with any King or flush

Im guessing he had a hand like Qd 9d ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

I'm guessing he had pocket kings? Raise the river. If you win take the pot, if you lose demand your money back as there are too many Kds in the deck.

If I didn't have the Kd on the river I would push anyway unless I had a strong feeling that I was beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'm guessing he had pocket kings?

Unless they're using multiple decks...I somehow doubt it...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Raising the river makes no sense. His river bet is pretty bad, if he bet any more I would fold, as it is I call given the price though I expect to be losing an awful lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

ah this hand was fun as mainly jeff had been getting lucky hitting two rivers against me and i decided to take a stand.

Firstly with the flop i had decided that his bet due to its somewhat small size represented well i figure it represented that he had three kings knowing how Ditpoker loves to bet his trips. Its a smart bet but my call is an obvious attempt to represent a draw or a trap with the three kings. Ditpoker hates the dimond on the turn and checks to me so it is a clear betting oppurtunity. However in my plan for the hand i had decided to not apply to much pressure on the turn if a dimond had appeared and really apply this pressure on the river. Against a lot of players this plan willl result with me getting called but due to the it being Ditpoker and us easily having played thousands and thousands of hands against each other i was pretty confident he would lay this hand down.

why would he lay it down? well as mentioned i am a tight player who rarley bluffs at pots which allows for me to make the complicated big bluffs once in awhile which tend to get through. not that this is complicated or big. Saying that i aint getting caught enough which means i aint bluffing enough!!!!! anyhow i would play a flush draw this way i am noty really into opening pots up for betting with flush draws and its very seldom i reraise with a flush draw. i dont do this very often not sure why prob just a cautious approach let by the fact that i rarly hit my flush. anyhow i just knew Jeff had it in him to lay it down he loves to lay down monsters when he thinks he is beat and thier is a lot that beats him.

anyhow i had xx no dimonds and just knew he put me on a flush. Prob pretty poor play from us both but we are only learning.............

anyone who names my hand gets a fiver!!!!

Raising the river makes no sense. His river bet is pretty bad, if he bet any more I would fold, as it is I call given the price though I expect to be losing an awful lot.

well i had to bet the river cause i cant win the hand if i dont bet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

aodea wrote:
    well i had to bet the river cause i cant win the hand if i dont bet!!!
    No I think the bet in itself is good. I would just bet more like 3.50 on the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

aodea wrote:

anyhow i had xx no dimonds and just knew he put me on a flush. Prob pretty poor play from us both but we are only learning.............

anyone who names my hand gets a fiver!!!!

I'll hazard a guess with Jc7h... You playing today Anthony?

Does Jeff get a fiver for naming your hand?

• Advertisement

No I think the bet in itself is good. I would just bet more like 3.50 on the river.

ah should explain that you see i used to have a habit of over betting when i was on a bluff that Ditpoker being the poker stud that he is im sure picked up on. Took me awhile to realise i did this. As for the size of the bet against jeff i value bet when i have the nuts or suspect i have the best hand he knows well i do this and i was hoping that he was picking up on that.

Jeffs flaw is he hates to give me money. even two euro!!!

Euro saver meal here i come

Legend_DIT wrote:
    I'll hazard a guess with Jc7h... You playing today Anthony?

Does Jeff get a fiver for naming your hand?

jeff dosent get a fiver for naming the hand no wasnt jack seven would of played that completly differnt as for today i shall not be playing exam tommorrow. So at least the others have a chance to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'll go with 35suited......

No luke unlucky i had a better hand than taht so many possiabilities

clue i had some of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

j10offsuit

A4....

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The hammer, 72o.

Dammit, Dom definately got it right.... maybe 73o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

ignore my advice, i thought you had K4 for the house but when i tried to edit it boards crashed...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

QJ

I think its a good fold by Jeff tbh, you're bluffing less than 1 in 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

my thinking: i flopped a set of kings, very nice but if i check the flop and he's on a draw he'll check and if i check raise the flop my hand becomes quite clear, so i lead out on the flop.

anto flat calls the flop, this for me is the main part of the hand which effected my play later in the hand. I figured if he as a lone ace he has to bet reraise on the flop as flat calling with an ace here is very risky IMO. so in my head the flat call says draw or king.

turn is a 4d, not a great card for me. i check it, trying to keep pot small, anto bets and i call, as im not dropping trips. i think i should have reraised here but didnt.

on the river (2c) i check he bets 2 euro into a 3.60 pot. if he has a K i'm beat as there is no K hand i can beat, i lose if he has a Kx. This is in his range based on my thinking from his flop call. if he had the draw off the flop, well then he hit, again in his range with the flop flat call. basically the only think i can really beat is a bluff or a fairly weak hand on that board.... i folded (but i was ahead, this time)

i wont share anto's hand as he's trying to donate a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

ditpoker wrote:
    my thinking: i flopped a set of kings, very nice but if i check the flop and he's on a draw he'll check and if i check raise the flop my hand becomes quite clear, so i lead out on the flop.

anto flat calls the flop, this for me is the main part of the hand which effected my play later in the hand. I figured if he as a lone ace he has to bet reraise on the flop as flat calling with an ace here is very risky IMO. so in my head the flat call says draw or king.

turn is a 4d, not a great card for me. i check it, trying to keep pot small, anto bets and i call, as im not dropping trips. i think i should have reraised here but didnt.

on the river (2c) i check he bets 2 euro into a 3.60 pot. if he has a K i'm beat as there is no K hand i can beat, i lose if he has a Kx. This is in his range based on my thinking from his flop call. if he had the draw off the flop, well then he hit, again in his range with the flop flat call. basically the only think i can really beat is a bluff or a fairly weak hand on that board.... i folded (but i was ahead, this time)

i wont share anto's hand as he's trying to donate a fiver.

"as im not dropping trips" Why is this the case on the turn if you're gonna call there just to fold to another bet on the river?

Anyway Jeff, you playing later ?

qj
    k4
    a4
    j10

still nobody has got it

yeah i think if im jeff i fold as well especially as its me and im so tight last time i played a hand Phill Hellmuth was the world champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

A4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

AA or AK or 35

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

aodea wrote:
    qj
    k4
    a4
    j10

still nobody has got it

My guesstimate would be you have an Ace maybe A8 or A9 cause you didnt raise preflop. Maye im wrong cause you were on the button and this hand would be a monster heads up. Emmm slow-playing maybe..... It is an interesting hand!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

A2

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

9TJQds?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    K2 - but you knew you were behind.

Who would fold a house?:D :eek: :o so many expressions

Advertisement