Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festival Checklist

Options
  • 23-05-2006 12:01pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Well I've been to a few festivals over the years but this year I'm off to Roskilde in Denmark and I wanna make sure I'm ready for anything it can throw at me:)

I've whipped up a quick list..any more veterans out there that can add to it would be much appreciated!

Checklist :

Toothbrush & Toothpaste
    Cash (and/or creditcard)
    The ticket (!)
    Extra pants
    Whole bunch of extra socks
    Nice warm jacket
    Sleeping bag
    GOOD boots/shoes you can walk in all day
    Tent(!)
    food for the first two days (that means more money for beer!)
    Sunscreen
    Toilet paper
    Army knife
    Ear Plugs
    Gaffa tape
    Cell phone + charger
    Panadol & Rennie
    Black plasticbags
    A "travelling" chair
    Wierd sunglasses
    Sweater/warm jacket,
    Can opener/wine opener
    Lighter
    Flashlight
    Wellies
    Condoms
    Raincoat
    Portable music...
    Notepad( good ideas will often arise)
    Ducktape
    Lip Balm
    Walkie Talkies
    Suitcase Lock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Toast

Wrap everything in plastic bags and your clothes in two plastic bags and dont take things out of them until you need them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Baby/facial wipes - handy when there's no running water around.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Toast wrote:
    Wrap everything in plastic bags and your clothes in two plastic bags and dont take things out of them until you need them.
    Glastonbury flashbacks yeh? ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Walkie talkies. Best thing for a festival.

Ive got a big hiker bag to bring with me ,
    Kind of like this : http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/d6/f7/pr-Backpacks-Burton_Day_Hiker_Backpack-resized200.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Cell phone + charger

If you're in Denmark, you might need a continental adaptor for your charger plug.

Also, lip balm/vaseline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

sounds sweet!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

#Elites wrote:
    Well the one im going to, is partly sponsered by Nokia and most of the Mobile Serive Providers, so they have a section to charge your mobiles,

its pritty cool, they have like these metal boxes with the end of the charger in them, you stick the phone in, and lock it, so its secure, hand it to the guys who run in, comeback and get your phone=D

the gots one of them in trinty

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Oobie wrote:
    Baby/facial wipes - handy when there's no running water around.

i love the look on the till assistants face when you by baby wipes & condoms in the same transaction

remember to get decent tent pegs - the crappy ones ya get with tents always warp

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

i love the look on the till assistants face when you by baby wipes & condoms in the same transaction

remember to get decent tent pegs - the crappy ones ya get with tents always warp
    I remember going into Boots before the EP last year and picking up condoms, Gaviscon, Solpadeine and baby wipes. Perhaps they thought I was going through a condensed "circle of life" style occurence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

#Elites wrote:
    • WindUp Charger
    • Condoms

For a second I was thinking "What the **** are wind up condoms?"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

ianmc38 wrote:
    Walkie talkies. Best thing for a festival.

Heading to Roskilde myself this year what with no Glastonbury and all that :D
    Any ideas where to get a decent set of cheap walkie talkies, say for €50?

Also Garth V when are you headin over, were hoping to get there for tuesday evening but according to the roskilde website forums we'll only get space for a tent miles away for the festival at that stage :(

Apparently Sunday when the gates open is the best time to arrive, thats 5 days before the festival even starts :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

Also...

Towel
    Sweets (sugar boost)
    Water
    Lock for Tent
    Moisturisor
    Anti-perspirant
    Mirror
    Tweezers
    Pillow

Just wondering - where can I get a Sony Ericsson wind-up charger? Do they even exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Solpadeine
    Solpadeine
    and maybe some Solpadeine.

Very important to have good sound system in car for music in car park after about 01:00.

Also nice idea to load car with a LARGE cooler box full of beer. Just dip the hand in and help yourself later to some chilled refreshments :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I went to Graspop about 6 years ago & one of the guys that went with us brought: knife, fork, spoon, cup, milk, cereal, sugar, teabags, flask with hot water, shovel (to dig a fridge type hole for beer), mirror, razor, shaving foam, not to mention countless other things.

I was the only one to bring babywipes and a few of the others asked me for some, which I gave gladly. Anyway, was down to my last few when the guy above asked me for another one (he'd had some to wash his face already). When I gave it to him, he proceeded to wash his boots!!!! ffs, you're at a festival for gods sakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Heading to Roskilde myself this year what with no Glastonbury and all that :D
    Any ideas where to get a decent set of cheap walkie talkies, say for €50?

Also Garth V when are you headin over, were hoping to get there for tuesday evening but according to the roskilde website forums we'll only get space for a tent miles away for the festival at that stage :(

Apparently Sunday when the gates open is the best time to arrive, thats 5 days before the festival even starts :eek:

http://midlandradio.com/comersus/store/comersus_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=133

These things go throughg mountains! they have a 16 mile [open] range. Perfect for a festival, especially with the accessories, and run on a different channel to the traditional handhelds you find around the place.
    If some smart ass tunes into your walkie talkie, use the privacy channels. Well worth $60 for two durable walkie talkies... imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

My god - you guys certainly indulge in accessories overkill at festivals! Mirror? Tweezers? Lock for tent? Pillow? Walkie Talkie? 7 pairs of boxers!!

My god - you guys certainly indulge in accessories overkill at festivals! Mirror? Tweezers? Lock for tent? Pillow? Walkie Talkie? 7 pairs of boxers!!
    Spend 7 days at a festival in Denmark and you'll see why.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

lock for tent would be one i'd usually go for anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Locks on tent generally = valuables inside. A small blade will get around the lock in a second. But on the other hand, no lock means people can have a quick fumble around if they like. No perfect solution, but are locks really worthwhile?

• Advertisement

beans wrote:
    Locks on tent generally = valuables inside. A small blade will get around the lock in a second. But on the other hand, no lock means people can have a quick fumble around if they like. No perfect solution, but are locks really worthwhile?
    Just push the lock back inside your tent.
    Its better to have a lock there then have no lock, why make it easy for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

Do most people leave their bags with clothes and stuff in the tent, and just lock it then?

EP is my first camping festival.. and im just not really sure what im doing with myself..!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

#Elites wrote:
    [*]Hammer for Tent pegs ;)
    .[/list]

excellent. its just more efficient than stamping on them with a pair of chuckie taylors....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Rockerette wrote:
    Do most people leave their bags with clothes and stuff in the tent, and just lock it then?
    Yep, that's the usual plan of action
    Rockerette wrote:
    EP is my first camping festival.. and im just not really sure what im doing with myself..!
    Think minimalist when packing, the less ya bring, the less ya have to carry and worry about. Hope ya have a great time! EP has a beautiful atmosphere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

Thanks Mr Rivers!

I just didnt wanna look like a complete weirdo with a lock on my tent..!
    and i still have no idea what bag im gonna bring.. ok.. minimalist packing.. in theory at least! hopefully it will work out in practice aswell..
    lots of spare socks!

hopefully it doesnt rain too much..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

All you need to do is arm yourself with a carton of smokes, you can trade 'em in for whatever you need, prison-style!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Or skins :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 amptypockets

just wondering if anyone knows where i can buy wellies for the weekend in case it rains. looking in dublin on henry street today couldnt find any, does anyone know of any shops in dublin city centre that sell wellies?
    not looking for anything fancy btw, just your bogstandard (pun unintended i swear :D ) farmers wellies. i've heard rumours of bad weather and after the rain at, ahem, another festival i attended, i definitely need them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Toast

Possibly one of the army surplus stores off mary st will sort you out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 amptypockets

cheers i'll try there tomorrow so!:)

Advertisement