Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

movieextras.ie

Options
  • 03-10-2005 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

hey just wondering who is a member?

what work have you done? How frequent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*thank god*

for a second there i thought it was another spammer...

-movieextras.ie? should have a look. might add it to resource page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

i just signed up, its €50 for a year.

its meant to be pretty handy to get yourself out there.....plus a bit of extra cash;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

This is my second year as a member. I've gotten a nice handful of auditions from it. Nothing came of them but it's good experience. I'm young so wouldn't be in demand as much but if you're an adult male then you should get a fair few audtions I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭faithy

i only joined a few weeks ago. got asked the other day to be an extra in some tv show and i said yes but they never replyed back to me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I know someone who's registered with them but he gets more work from Assets and Backstage agencies. I think productions use Movieextras.ie when there's a big film production and they need a lot of extras.

If they ring you to ask you to do extra work but then don't get back to you, its a good idea to ring them up just to let them know you're still interested and do they have any work for ya.

Also if you are looking for work as an extra, it's sometimes good to contact the production office yourself. Go to iftn.ie and it gives you a list of a lot of the productions going on at the moment. Write to the Production Manager and give them your details and when you're available (throwing in a photo is a good idea) and you might hear back from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

i was a member for a year and didn't get any offers. didn'tbother renewing my membership after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

Rockiemalt wrote:
    i was a member for a year and didn't get any offers. didn'tbother renewing my membership after that
    Same here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I'm just finished doing extras work for "Stardust".
    I've been a member since June and have had 3 or 4 offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Are you the one whose brother asked in After Hours what costume you should bring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I'm always suspicious of companies who you have to pay to get you work... Something not quite right about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

dublindude wrote:
    I'm always suspicious of companies who you have to pay to get you work... Something not quite right about that.
    I agree... it's especially bad as they are most likely getting paid at the other end too by the productions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭audge

hey just wondering who is a member?

what work have you done? How frequent?
    Hi, I am a member, and I have had a COUPLE OF jobs, promotions for bpm, €200 for 4 hours work, and promotions for Precious jewels - €25 p/h
    I have been offered other work, extra work, but the money wasn't good enough to take it - €50 a day etc... my friend is registered and he got a high paying part in the smart telecom ad - (he looks at his computer, amazed at what he see's :D )
    A yrs registration is €50 approx, and you can use pics you have on you computer, they don't have to be professional ones, you definately make more the what you spend, I have found it very worth while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭audge

Are you the one whose brother asked in After Hours what costume you should bring?

Hey, that was me, asking about my sister, and I am a girl!!!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 PrettyKitty

dublindude wrote:

It's the usual with extra's agencies unfortunately. If you are determined to make a go of it though it's a really good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

I registered my baby up a couple of months ago, he got his 1st audition the end of May last and was picked for his 1st filming job. When he went for filming, took 3/4 hours altogether, mainly sitting around playing for 3 and half hours, actually filming was bout 20mins altogether.

Every one on set were really nice and because he was so young, didnt rush anything and made us feel at ease as i had never been to anything like tat before.

Cost us 59euro to join him up, you can upload new photos etc online as often as you want. My baby first advert/ident will be on RTE in October :)

Advertisement