Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin Bluetooth dongle prob

Options
  • 01-02-2005 7:36pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have a belkin bluetooth dongle which i use with my fone ect but it's not working properly.
    when i have it in i can pair it with my fone through nokia suite but any time i try to use it using the icon in the taskbar i get the message.

'bluetooth device not found
    please verify that your bluetooth device is connected and turned on'

But my dongle is in and on and working with my fone.

ne one have any idea what's up??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Check that the port that the nokia suite is using matches the port that the "dongle" is using

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

I was having the same problem will my belkin bluetooth dongle after installing XP 2 ... i found this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

I have a Belkin bluetooth dongle as well and I've found it completely unreliable. It will work one day and the next it wont no matter what I do. I think it might just be a Belkin thing. From what I've read since, they're not exactly Sony when it comes to quality of manufacture.

My $0.02

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

WSame happened me . Contact Belkins Cust service in the UK , send them back your dongle and they will send you back a new one which will work with SP2 .. They actually messed this up and sent me two , one 100M and one 10M .. Job well done !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

install the belkin drivers and then install SP2...solved my problem

BTW: sony make nice "looking" stuff but i find their products crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

BTW: sony make nice "looking" stuff but i find their products crap

Matter of opinion and experience I suppose. For instance a friend of mine has had two Peugeot 206's, and drove them for 5 years with never a problem. My brothers gf got the same model and had no end of trouble with it until she got rid of it and got a VW Polo instead which has been rock solid. So are Peugeot 206's a great car or a pile of dog-doo???. Neither I think..its a matter of how they're treated, the dealer you go to if you've problems etc.

So...you're the first person I've ever heard of that has a problem with the quality of Sony equipment. I have a slight problem with the cost of sony gear but anything I or my family or friends have ever bought has worked like a dream. My parents have a Sony VCR for the past 10 years thats worked brilliantly for them. They're not technical people, but they can work it easily.

Whereas the belkin dongle worked perfectly the last time I used it last week. Today and now when I need it though it wont connect or pair. Look up a slashdot article on anything Belkin has produced and see peoples reaction. Its not good, in fact its pretty poor. I know Bluetooth connectivity can be a hit and miss thing (even when the manufacturer of the two devices is the same), but from what I've seen I wouldnt recommend Belkin to anybody...

Again, just my $0.02...

Advertisement