Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crimson Gin

Options
  • 24-12-2005 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

Just got a bottle of this stuff as a Christmas present from work :)

I loved the look of it but I haven't tried it yet.

I enjoy the odd gin and tonic but I'm just wondering if I put tonic into this will it ruin it?

Anyone have any little cocktails or anything you can make with Crimson Gin as the main ingredient (I have feck all stuff around here to make cocktails, I've tonic, lemon, ice, some random spirits from long ago, tequila, bacardi, some other stuff but no vodka or anything)

Anyone have any suggestions or should I just drink it with ice and a lemon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

hey - not sure what you've done with it in the last few days, but I'd be interested to know how it tastes before you mix it with anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Drank most of it on Christmas day. Lovely stuff...

My da insisted on making me blind test it. Poured out a shot of Crimson into a shot glass and a shot of Gordons.

The Crimson Gin tasted citrusy and less like pure alcohol. The Gordons just burned straight.

There's definitly a difference even when mixed with tonic. Well worth a try if you have thirty five odd euro sitting around with nowhere to go...

I'm tempted to grab a bottle of Vermouth tomorrow and drink the last few drips with it for a Crimson Martini :)

Advertisement