Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT on 1990 Eunos Roadster.

Options
  • 18-04-2009 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I know it is not a classic but was wondering if anyone has paid vrt on one.The V5 document names it as an MX-5 with a frame number NA6LE, however this does appear on Eunos options on the VRT site. Cant get an MX-5 to show up at all on that site.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Your particular model might not show up, but the VRT won't be much - somewhere in the €400 - €800 region. The only way to get an exact quote is to contact a VRO and have them confirm the quote in writing.

And you can get classic insurance on a '90 MX-5 / Eunos, so it sure is a classic car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

unkel wrote: »
    Your particular model might not show up, but the VRT won't be much - somewhere in the €400 - €800 region. The only way to get an exact quote is to contact a VRO and have them confirm the quote in writing.

And you can get classic insurance on a '90 MX-5 / Eunos, so it sure is a classic car :)

Nope - you can't get classic on it yet - next year, though!

Mind you, daily insurance is cheap - ours was € 300 with Quinn Direct.

+1 on it being a classic, though....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    Nope - you can't get classic on it yet - next year, though!

Next year, I presume because it will be 20 years old then? Funny old game what's a classic and what's not, but I suppose the insurance companies have their own reasons for the definitions they use :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...yep, needs to be 20.

Funny that whole thing: I got a call for my 968 today as I had a comment in the ad about classic insurance. Guy thought I was fibbing 'cos the cars are 93/94. As I explained to him, you can get classic on Porsche at 15 years :D:D:D

Quite right, too !!:p

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...yep, needs to be 20.

Funny that whole thing: I got a call for my 968 today as I had a comment in the ad about classic insurance. Guy thought I was fibbing 'cos the cars are 93/94. As I explained to him, you can get classic on Porsche at 15 years :D:D:D

Quite right, too !!:p

By that logic I suppose a Toyota saloon needs to be at least 100 years old before you can get classic insurance :D;):p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 shift4311

Thank you all for your Replys. A chap in First Ireland did tell me that the Eunos did not qualify as a classic at any age in their eyes. I found this strange, however they did agree to insure it as a classic from next year but the premium for this year is quite high.
    Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 shift4311

Just to let you know the vrt was €580.
    Cheers.

Advertisement