Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan Take-aways?

Options
  • 25-07-2008 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

So what's the best take-away in Lucan? Doesn't matter if it's Chinese, fish & Chips, Indian?

I used to really love the East End Takeaway (back when it was known as Luigis because Luicini Paccini's dad owned it :D) and I liked the Roma but are there any Indian take aways in Lucan now?

Any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

the roma took over the east end i believe. i used to always go to the east end,especially on my day off,down to paddys to have the hair chopped and then a smoked cod and chips in the east end. went in there a few weeks back and it just didn't taste the same anymore:(

as for indian,there's a place called kasturi in the village,it's a restaurant but also does take away. i haven't tried it yet but a few mates say it's savage.

http://www.lucanonline.com/kasturi.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 TheScript

They do good grub in the indian alright. Nice friendly owners too. They do takeaways but they don't deliver, a sign of a good resteraunt! Same story with the Annadale- Great Lucan, they don't deliever but their grub is fantastic! They have a better selection on the menu when you eat in tho rather than getting a takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

lord lucan wrote: »
    the roma took over the east end i believe. i used to always go to the east end,especially on my day off,down to paddys to have the hair chopped...

Wow, I didn't know that Roma took over East End!

The bit about going to Paddy's for a haircut brought back memories :) Is Paddy actually still working there? I know the son (Jason?) was chopping hair there. It's amazing how simple phrases can take you back and place you right into your past again :)

haven't seen paddy in a long time,certainly not any time i'm down there. they moved a couple of years ago too,just down the street near staggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah I like the Roma, every town needs a Roma or a Macari's, for Pizza I'd go for Pizza Hut takeaway over Dominoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

haven't seen paddy in a long time,certainly not any time i'm down there. they moved a couple of years ago too,just down the street near staggs.

Yep, Paddy is still giving the best cut in Lucan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jabcity

not exactly in Lucan, but not too far off in Ongar is the 3 Kings chinese take away, one of the best in the area, Garden House in Blanch is also fantastic if you're willing to go a bit out of the way

forgot to add the india house to this. it's down the road from me at the ballyowen s.c. top notch grub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 elleA

Can't beat the East End for chips! I'm not a huge fan of Chinese food but even I like the place beside Spar in Dodsboro (can't remember the current name of it. It's changed name and ownership many times in the past).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

its renamed... the tasty ..chinese takeaway

i had some today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

the roma took over the east end i believe. i used to always go to the east end,especially on my day off,down to paddys to have the hair chopped and then a smoked cod and chips in the east end. went in there a few weeks back and it just didn't taste the same anymore:(

as for indian,there's a place called kasturi in the village,it's a restaurant but also does take away. i haven't tried it yet but a few mates say it's savage.

http://www.lucanonline.com/kasturi.htm

Yeah the grub in the Kashturi is the biz certainly for eating in and they go a good deal on Sunday lunch as well

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Black Sky

For Indian - Kasturi wins hands down......
    2 new Indians opened up recently around the village.....
    The Village Cafe (between Statoil and Coutneys) looks to have been taken over, and is now a cafe during the day, and an Indian with very european type menu in the evenings... Got one Indian takeaway recently and very dissappointed with it....... still does a great breakfast fry-up though....
    Also opened very recently is a place that consists of an Asian foodstore I think during the day and Indian takeway which opens in the evenings. Its over the bridge at Laraghcon, as you head for the beds its on your right on the roadside across from the Gazette Office entrance.... I think i was their first takeaway customer there the evening after they opened, and it was ok....might try it again in a few months, but really the littel bit of price premium for Kasturi is well worth it.....no contest....

Only chipper i have been in is East End (locals recommnded it when I first hit Lucan), and of course Apache for pizza, and for Chinese "Famous" I think near Centra, or The Great Lucan/Annadale for Chinese........

great fun when I do a food run.. Big M for the kids, Famous for herself, Kasturi for me...;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Black Sky wrote: »
    For Indian - Kasturi wins hands down......
    2 new Indians opened up recently around the village.....
    The Village Cafe (between Statoil and Coutneys) looks to have been taken over, and is now a cafe during the day, and an Indian with very european type menu in the evenings... Got one Indian takeaway recently and very dissappointed with it....... still does a great breakfast fry-up though....
    Also opened very recently is a place that consists of an Asian foodstore I think during the day and Indian takeway which opens in the evenings. Its over the bridge at Laraghcon, as you head for the beds its on your right on the roadside across from the Gazette Office entrance.... I think i was their first takeaway customer there the evening after they opened, and it was ok....might try it again in a few months, but really the littel bit of price premium for Kasturi is well worth it.....no contest....

Only chipper i have been in is East End (locals recommnded it when I first hit Lucan), and of course Apache for pizza, and for Chinese "Famous" I think near Centra, or The Great Lucan/Annadale for Chinese........

great fun when I do a food run.. Big M for the kids, Famous for herself, Kasturi for me...;):D

Have only been in the East End once or twice since it changed hands and it was nothing special. The place used to be operated by two guys I think they were brothers in law - Luigi and Kevin - Kevin was the older man I think - used be there frying the chips in his Kartel golfing gear wearing his Rolex watch .........the grub was good - I used to work with people who drove from Castleknock for their chips. As I'm living in the "new" Lucan near the Penny Hill we now go to the 9th Lock in Clondalkin - in the housing estate after the Esso station before the New Nangor road junction - good grub and they've recently done the place up and it's spotless. Dont like the chipper near Eurospar anytime you go in you seem to be waiting ages for your food - they seem to give preference to thier regulars.

josh59 wrote: »
    Luigi and Kevin...

Luigi was in my year in Primary school :) His Dad used to own the East End.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mighty Max

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Luigi was in my year in Primary school :) His Dad used to own the East End.

You got that one wrong - Luigi was in my class in primary school too! (St Ann's Esker) and I know his dad didn't own the east end take-away...

Mighty Max wrote: »
    You got that one wrong - Luigi was in my class in primary school too! (St Ann's Esker) and I know his dad didn't own the east end take-away...

Huh? Must have been just a rumour then, although I seem to remember him confirming it way back when we were about 6-8 or so...

Meh, anyway, it was a great take-away and I used to love getting chips there on the odd occasion we were allowed to get chips from the chipper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,134 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mighty Max wrote: »
    I don't think so. Seeing as Annes waas built arounf 1980. and luigi would be a good bit older than that

We should probably stop talking about the guy when he's not here to say yes or no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 polly1234

i worked in the east end for ten years and am 100% sure that none of luigis children went to saint annes!!Also luigi didnt name any of his children after himself!! :) it is kinda mad though because both him and kevin said they would never sell to the roma...but money talks i suppose!i think though that after 25 years of doing 18+ hours a day every second day took its toll!

Advertisement