Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celticpokertour

Options
  • 18-09-2005 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Was just wondering if anyone has played in this tournament. They seem to be travelling around the country organising tournaments with 10000 euro in prize money. Thinking of making a trip to Dundalk next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=297478&highlight=celtic+poker

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=299316&highlight=celtic+poker

Be careful and make sure you find out about the prize structure and blind levels and so on before you play. gl.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Went along to the tournament in Killarney last night and by my reckoning there was about 130 people there. As was mentioned in the previous post they are relatively organised and must have had about 12 staff, mostly just hanging around ready to handle buy-ins and top-ups. As a result of the relatively small numbers compared to the first event the pay-in must have been around 13,000 with an average of 100 paid in per player. With that a 10000 payout I would think is fairly good as there were some 2 spot prizes for poker chips, a draw for a full-size poker table and chips and food at the break. BTW. It seems that they learned from previous tournaments and were using chip races to keep the no of chips in play to a manageable amount and while the balancing of players on a table was a bit disorganised they it didn't seem to interrupt play too much.
    I think the best thing to do with events by Celtic Poker Tour would be to turn up and try to figure out how many are playing before deciding to give it a go. If there are more than 160 or so then it would be bad value for money.
    Played fairly poorly in the tournament. Lost about half my chips in the very first pot with a small fulsh beaten by a straight flush to the King. Was out by about 30 mins after it went to a FO. Should have been more aggressive from the start but easy to say if you don't get the cards or even a good draw, not an easy crowd to bluff. Still there was a 10 player Satellite for 50euro which I some how managed to pick up so it wasn't all that bad of a night. :)
    Last table was going at when I left about 12.30am but looked like it was going to end fairly quickly with the large blinds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Its still not good enough. The prizepool is capped.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

went along myself to check them out and said i would play as the field was small.i asked them what the payout would be if 200/300 played.10k was the answer.we keep everything over 10k.The players in general were brutal.friend of mine was knocked out on a bluff .he raised preflop with AT .672 flop and he went all in for another 10k.he was called by K9 which of course hits a K.
    the blind structure is the biggest problem with them 20min in the rebuy period for 7 levels . then 15 min for another 6. then 10.we went on a break for 10 min when it was down to 2 tables a the clock wasnt stopped. I was chip leader with 240k with blinds at 20k/40k 4k ante.finished 14th when a few gambles didnt pay off.the worst thing was every1 seemed to think it was great.Need help down here fintan.I know you have 1 planned for early next year but these guys are here every 3 weeks or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭The Gecko

Does anybody know if they lower the prize fund of the generate less the 10,000 on the night?

Would be nice to know if it is a case of win win for them with no risk?

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

The Gecko wrote:
    Does anybody know if they lower the prize fund of the generate less the 10,000 on the night?

Would be nice to know if it is a case of win win for them with no risk?

:confused:
    No . the 10k is guarenteed . the eat it if they dont make the numbers

Advertisement