Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

boot won't open

Options
  • 22-12-2006 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi All

This morning on my 2002 Ibiza i could'nt open the boot. It has remote central locking and usually opens at the press of a button.

I also tried the key - it seem to be turning fine but it still wont open :(

Anybody know what I need to do to get it open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

put the key in the passenger side door. lock it then open it twice. should work

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No one bumbed into the back of you did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

put the key in the passenger side door. lock it then open it twice. should work

thanks i'll give it ago after work - hope the solution will be that simple
    No one bumbed into the back of you did they?

Not that i know of anyway , although there was a scratch on my back bumper when I left the car in a shopping centre car park- very minor , didnt think much of it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Maybe it's just frozen shut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Squirt of wd-40 in the keyhole?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Had a similar problem for a brief period with the boot on my astra, blahblahs post should fix it. Problem with mine was something like that too, ended up being a mix up between opening with the key and opening with the remote on the key.

i.e car is locked and you open boot using the key manually, locking the car with boot open... at least thats what it seemed to be , i could be miles off but just had to get it back into sync to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

Maybe it's just frozen shut?

luckily no ice down my way this morning
    Squirt of wd-40 in the keyhole?

the key is turning as normal but its failing to unlock the boot though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Ibiza is a hatchback yes? If so you'll have to get handy with the rear parcel shelf and climb inside the boot area and get creative.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

isn't there a motor for operating the boot lock, maybe it's an electrical problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Try leaning all your weight on the boot lid above the lock as you operate the key, it might take any pressure off the locking mechanism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

this same thing happened my sisters 00 ibiza

it was not the actual lock that was the problem it was the seat badge handle that you use to open the boot when you push it up.

I removed the boot facia so you can see the locking mechanism at work. Theres like a tensioned wire if you push/pull on it at the bottom it should unlock the boot.
    The badge handle was not retracting the wire properly so i sparyed some wd40 and its worked ever since.

Chances are its this especially if you can still here the boot locking and unlocking using the key fob.

Advertisement