Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

biodiesel?

Options
  • 19-06-2006 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

hi
    is biodiesel available in ireland?
    if so where and how much.
    also anyone know how much a cd changer for a 99 audi a4 costs ?
    or can you put other types in yourself ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If you are in Waterford/South Kilkenny you can buy it at about 85c a ltr from a place in Granagh just at the start of the N24.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭maidhc

The filling station in Ballyhea outside Charleville sells PPO, its around the 85c too I think.

The A4 just has a single DIN slot for a radio, so anything will fit. In 1999 it also had a blaupunkt radio as standard, so I assume any compatible changer will fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

whats the story with the tax on this biodiesel? as in, if im stopped and dipped, will it be detected as biodiesel? and if so, will the tax be paid on it, or could i be done for not paying it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

stevenk wrote:
    whats the story with the tax on this biodiesel? as in, if im stopped and dipped, will it be detected as biodiesel? and if so, will the tax be paid on it, or could i be done for not paying it???

Its a viable fuel type, you will not get done. But it costs about a grand to convert the car, was on TV3 a couple of months ago

maybe your getting mixed up with running diesels on chip oil???

afaik any fuel that can be used to power a car on the road is taxeable.

ie petrol, diesel, gas (lpg), biodiesel, chip oil.

i wanna know if the fuel depot or petrol station has already paid this tax

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

stevenk wrote:
    maybe your getting mixed up with running diesels on chip oil???

afaik any fuel that can be used to power a car on the road is taxeable.

ie petrol, diesel, gas (lpg), biodiesel, chip oil.

i wanna know if the fuel depot or petrol station has already paid this tax

I would guess so seeing as it is already an option and was on the news etc about trying to open country wide!

what use is a guess, i could do that myself.
    anybody have an answer thats not a guess?? or anybody know of any other places to buy biodiesel?? especially midlands to clondalkin area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

biodiesel and veggie oil are not the same thing, in case there is confusion here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

@ 80-90c a ltr yes the VAT/TAX has been paid

Advertisement