Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent clothing alteration?

Options
  • 26-06-2006 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭

Would anybody here be able to personally recommend a good place (preferably in Dublin city centre ) to have clothing alterations done? I need to have an overcoat altered and am afraid of getting it messed up :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Can recommend a really good place in Dun Laoghaire if that's any good to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hi MF

DL is fine, where is the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sheera

I was recommended a place by a friend - I think its called Express Alterations and its on South Anne Street (upstairs above another shop) opposite the Post Office & The Perfume Shop.

Haven't used it myself yet but my friend got a coat drastically altered there & they did a great job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

The Tailoring Co., First Floor, 86 Lower Georges Street, Dun Laoghaire
    Tel: 2806277

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Sheera wrote:
    I was recommended a place by a friend - I think its called Express Alterations and its on South Anne Street (upstairs above another shop) opposite the Post Office & The Perfume Shop.

Haven't used it myself yet but my friend got a coat drastically altered there & they did a great job.

I second this. :) I've had jeans turned up there a few times (kidna mad since I'm 5 11 with 34" legs but sure there ye go! Anyway, I couldn't ask for a better job. They cut off the ends and reattach them in a way which is completely unnoticeable. Really good finish. Twelve quid but it's worth it to get it done properly. Doubt you'd get much cheaper anywhere else for the same job.

Haven't had any other clothing altered by them but I wouldn't hesitate in bringing anything to them.

It's on the side of Sth Anne Street that's closer to Stepehen's Green, on the 2nd or 3rd floor above a French restaurant if I rememeber correctly. There's a large yellow sign jutting out on the front of the building, you can't miss it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Thanks everyone!

Advertisement