Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One rule for Mods another for everyone else

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Are you for real? Starting a thread on this...

Talk about asking for it...

*waits for the cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Heh.. it was 10000th post - give him a break!

Lighten up for fecks sake!

With the amount of crap he puts up with in AH, no amount of "immature posting" will take away from the sterling job he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i was going to start a thread on this myself. i think castration be a fitting punishment myself. after all how dare a mod of a stupid pointless off topic forum make a stupid pointless off topic thread. I DEMAND JUSTICE!!!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Personally I thought it was a brilliant and insightful post that really got to the heart of the human condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Woo! 290th post! Go me!

WOOOO!!!

that is all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Saskia wrote: »
    ... a little too immature to Mod AH ...
    Isn't that a contradiction in terms? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yeh AH is a tough job -- and plus ... 10,000!!! totally allowed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Well the thread was closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

He closed it after reconsidering it. I'd have locked a thread by any user who did the same (Maybe temp. soft delete it to screw up their postcount)

"... a little too immature to Mod AH ..." -I shall ponder this one a little while longer.

Don't you have better things to be doing like spamming sharchat links? Oooooh... did Big Mean Tewwy give out to you before for doing that? Is that what this is about? Or is it that he locked the recent "How do I change MKV files into AVI files?" thread that you created in AFTER HOURS?!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

To be honest, Saskia sounds far too mature to be using AH.

That's why i typically avoid it... nothing against AH but it's turning more into tCN but i'm not getting into it here.

But like i said, being a mod there is NOT an easy task. I moderate a number of forums and get more than enough reported posts / move threads (etc) as it is - i can imagine AH being a fecking nightmare.

If Terry posted one thread and reconsidered, big fecking deal. People just love shit-stirring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Almost tempted to delete a post so he can do it again.

Its unlikely that someone making their "10,000th" post Whoot would have it removed, users making 1000, 2000, 3000 post etc announcements would get a smack but 10k is a bit of an achievement and probably warrants a little leeway even from the the bootstepping mods of AH.

A feedback thread about it is perhaps overkill, and as for being immature, well thats what we all love about Terry.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Vexorg wrote: »
    Almost tempted to delete a post so he can do it again.

Its unlikely that someone making their "10,000th" post Whoot would have it removed, users making 1000, 2000, 3000 post etc announcements would get a smack but 10k is a bit of an achievement and probably warrants a little leeway even from the the bootstepping mods of AH.

A feedback thread about it is perhaps overkill, and as for being immature, well thats what we all love about Terry.
    You see Vex, you have now brought Karoma into the equation. It'll all end in tears.

Or maybe cats.

basquille wrote:
    To be honest, Saskia sounds far too mature to be using AH.
    Don't review previous post history. I just did and I gotta say:
    Saskia - if you'd like to leave AH well alone, I'd be happier.

Vexorg wrote:
    ...from the the bootstepping mods of AH.
    smashey wrote:
    You see Vex, you have now brought Karoma into the equation. It'll all end in tears.

¬_¬ *gather armies of evil nazi cats that have been accumulating hight postcounts to avoid detection. You wait. Just you wait. Bastards.*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Miow, miow ...hiss.....hiss....

Muhahahah..ha... *sigh*

Okay, V, you can lock that account but I have more! muhahaha!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

basquille wrote: »
    That's why i typically avoid it... nothing against AH but it's turning more into tCN but i'm not getting into it here.
    Nah ... posters in tCN typically KNOW that it is a deliberately silly / light-hearted environment, relax and let their hair down.

Some posters in AH don't seem to be able to differentiate between the light-hearted and the serious in other peoples posts ... and a few can't seem to make a difference between sense and silliness in their own. Which is usually bearable until they start to rant about someone else's shortcomings ...
    basquille wrote: »
    People just love shit-stirring!
    +100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Sputs-Lover

<3 Terry

and his bewbs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,914 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And here's another thing, how can basquille and Karoma type Bastard and **** and they just come up as feckin asterix's for me huh? Feckin mods thinkin they can do what they like, as if they run the place! ;)

(Here's to hoping i can't actually type them...)

(Ok, bastard is ok, but ****, grr to basquille...)

.i.i.i.i.i.
    |/\/\/\/| <
    Cake anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Saskia wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055190817

I find Terry a little too immature to Mod AH tbh.

PPffftttt - If you had ANY idea what AH was like before Terry came along you'd cut him some slack.

... how can basquille and Karoma type Bastard ...they just come up as feckin asterix's for me huh?

Feckin mods thinkin they can do what they like, as if they run the place!

I'm feeling generous. I'll allow bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

First off, I clicked on the "Close this thread after posting" option.
    The thread was never open.

Secondly, I think you might be a little bitter that I closed your thread the other day.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055190419

And look at the really immature comment I made in it.

Now look away.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

And here's another thing, how can basquille and Karoma type Bastard and **** and they just come up as feckin asterix's for me huh? Feckin mods thinkin they can do what they like, as if they run the place! ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055140326

Well you're ok Karoma, but that basquille is a bit dodgy... *casts sussing-out stare*

Edit: Tales everything back! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

at least Terry not only gets to celebrate his 10,000th post with it's own AH but with a feedback thread too.

you lucky , lucky man you Terry I'm so jealous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mods r Ghay.

Terry is really Terri and used to be Sue. Sue used to be a greyhound.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

you don't wanna know what you gotta do to get those kind of privileges.i still feel all dirty :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Terry wrote: »
    First off, I clicked on the "Close this thread after posting" option.
    The thread was never open.

Secondly, I think you might be a little bitter that I closed your thread the other day.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055190419

And look at the really immature comment I made in it.

Now look away.

Well lets see. She posted a technology related question in After Hours about a most likely illegally downloaded program and then has the gaul to have a go at Terry about being immature.
    This lady will go far in this life.

But she does nearly have a red envelope thread for her efforts!

miju - Dirty good or dirty bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

miju wrote:
    at least Terry not only gets to celebrate his 10,000th post with it's own AH but with a feedback thread too.

you lucky , lucky man you Terry I'm so jealous :)

Never thought of it that way. That makes it so much funnier. :)
    Stekelly wrote:
    Mods r Ghay.

Terry is really Terri and used to be Sue. Sue used to be a greyhound.
    I'm actually a bunch of cats taped together. Not lolcats though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

good thing i reopened it for all to worship at the feet of terry.

just dont breath in the odour. you may pass out.

Advertisement