Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEFL courses

Options
  • 02-01-2007 8:09pm

Hello,

Saw the older post, but not much info about this. I've been looking at the online TEFL courses, and wondering if anyone has had any experiences of them, and whether they're actually acceptable when applying for overseas teaching positions?

Cheers for any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

TBH you would be much better doing a course that actually involved teaching practice. The ACELS course is adequate for this. This link on TEFL may help in explaining the international context. However if you want to go international straight away you might want to consider CELTA instead. International House in Dublin do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 greenpaws

Can anyone advise me on what is the best tefl course to do in ireland, preferably online and what jobs can i obtain after from it?

Advertisement