Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildeal Creations

Options
  • 21-12-2009 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,Has anyone got any work done with Kildeal Creations in Celbridge?
    I having a very bad experience with them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Never heard of them. There is a thread here about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

amstrad wrote: »
    Hi,Has anyone got any work done with Kildeal Creations in Celbridge?
    I having a very bad experience with them.

In fairness if you hired an organisation with a desperate site like that ( http://www.kildeal.ie/ ) what in god's name did you expect?

€395 and €195 sites! Classic case of paying peanuts and getting monkeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 amstrad

cormee wrote: »
    In fairness if you hired an organisation with a desperate site like that ( http://www.kildeal.ie/ ) what in god's name did you expect?

€395 and €195 sites! Classic case of paying peanuts and getting monkeys.

I did not see his website,I met him at a very respectable business presentation/lunch.
    I paid €1500 for my site which is not anywhere near finished after 3 months,now he wants more money to finish it.I trusted the organisation that held the event.

What sort of a site were they doing for €1500? Brochure, ecommerce, database driven?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 amstrad

cormee wrote: »
    What sort of a site were they doing for €1500? Brochure, ecommerce, database driven?

ecommerce,content management system, upload facility and a seperate resellers section pasword protected.Have a look if you wish. krystalpix.com

• Advertisement

Did you pay in advance?

I don't know how you could have imagined you'd get all that done for €1500. To get that sort of work done by an agency you'd be looking at a minimum of €10k to do it properly, or about €3.5-5k from a good freelance designer/developer. Expensive yes but you wouldn't find yourself in the position you are in now.

You've two choices really -

1/ Pay up and get Kildeal to finish the job

or

2/ Cut your losses, get rid of them and either start again or get someone more reliable to finish the job for you. If you're going to go down this route either get a recommendation or source the supplier from somewhere like elance.com (elance operate an escrow system and you can set up agreed payment milestones, plus you get to see suppliers' ratings based upon work they've done for other site owners). Joomla was used to create the site you have now so there would be a lot of developers/suppliers able to work on it.

Hopefully you still control your domain name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I'd cut my losses if I was you. I highly doubt they will be able to deliver what you are looking for.
    Good luck with the business btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

amstrad wrote: »
    I did not see his website,I met him at a very respectable business presentation/lunch.
    I paid €1500 for my site which is not anywhere near finished after 3 months,now he wants more money to finish it.I trusted the organisation that held the event.
    Did you not ask to see samples of work or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I would also advise to cut your loses and run. That site alone screams "RUN" !

If indeed they are in breech of a verbal agreement, then move on... You will regret it down the road judging by their terrible portfolio of past work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

The reality is that there are only a small number of competent Web companies in Ireland. The rest are cowboys. Just don't expect a good job done for nowt. If you pay peanuts, you get what you pay for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

TitoPuente wrote: »
    The reality is that there are only a small number of competent Web companies in Ireland. The rest are cowboys. Just don't expect a good job done for nowt. If you pay peanuts, you get what you pay for.

I agree to a point, but the fact also remains that there are quite a few small operators that offer a reduced price service and are quite capable. The trick is finding them amongst all the dross!

Advertisement