Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fundraiser for The Murden Family Dundalk

Options
  • 15-03-2009 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys , I am holding a fundraiser in the Claret, Castletown rd Dundalk , in aid of the Murden Family who have lost two children in a tragic car accident .
    Jenna Casey Murden, age 4, passed away on February 24th. Her brother, little Jayden Casey Murden passed away on Thursday March 4th. They were described as 'two little angels.'
    I would appreciate as much support for this as possible ,
    The game will be a €20 entry with €10 rebuy's , All the rebuy's will go to the family, the entry fee will be the prizepool (eg. 40 players = €800 prizepool). This will be limited to about 60 entries due to space constraints.
    Also anyone that cant make it on the night but would like to make a donation can contact me on 087 7855396 or email me at banditzpoker@yahoo.ie

Also if anyone know's where i could borrow some stacking chairs for this please contact me.

Regard's...Damian

1. Who is running the event (BANDITZ POKER)
    2. The purpose of the event (charity)
    3. Date and Location of event. Fri 27th ,The Claret , Dundalk
    4. Registration and Start time of event. reg 7:30pm start 8:30pm
    5. Any prerequisites (member of club, which is free)
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (players can pay on the day, maximum number is about 60,
    7. Type of Tournament (NL Hold'em rebuy)
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc. €20+€10 rebuy/add on
    9. Cost of registration . No Reg Fee .
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund .As above
    11. Any guaranteed prize pool. No
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. Unlimited for 5 levels
    13. Starting Chips 3k
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. 4k and 9k
    15. Blind levels, 15 mins , blind levels may be replayed depending on big blind/average stack ratio
    16. Blind timeframes 50/100 100/200 200/400,300/600 , 400/800, 500/1000, 800/1500, 1000/2000, 1500/3000, 2000/4000, 3000/6000, 4000/8000 etc
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash. top 5 or 6 depending on numbers
    18. Are there going to be dealers - final table only (or if any1 want to offer their services , that would be great.)
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules yes
    20. Is there a tournament director yes
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say. TD
    For further info contact 0877855396 or email banditzpoker@yahoo.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭thepokerroom

sorry damo will not be there have to bring the wife a way for the week-end put me down for a donation.

good luck with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

sorry damo will not be there have to bring the wife a way for the week-end put me down for a donation.

good luck with this.
    Thank you very much Jim, I hope you enjoy the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Westbury

Hi Damo ,

We would be glad to donate !

Regards,

Larry ,Westbury

Westbury wrote: »
    Hi Damo ,

We would be glad to donate !

Regards,

Larry ,Westbury
    Thanks a million Larry, Every little help's.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

should be around for this damo, try and get a few heads lined up as well.

• Advertisement

Hi guys i am still trying to locate some xtra chairs for this , if any1 knows where i can get some could you please let me know here or txt the number above.
    Thank you .
    Also the winner on the nite will recieve a signed copy of Roy Brindleys New book Life's A Gamble. Thanks a million Roy .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

i got four aces signed from the wsop 07..drop us a pm and i'll post them up to you..add them as prizes like the book or whatever

cuterob wrote: »
    i got four aces signed from the wsop 07..drop us a pm and i'll post them up to you..add them as prizes like the book or whatever
    Thanks a lot , I will Pm you my adress now or i can arrange to collect them .

DAMO72 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot , I will Pm you my adress now or i can arrange to collect them .

pm sent, i'll post them, it's brunson, ivey, hellmuth, negreanu, they are different from the ones patmac1961 was selling, not glued to anything or that

pm sent, i'll post them, it's brunson, ivey, hellmuth, negreanu, they are different from the ones patmac1961 was selling, not glued to anything or that
    Got your Pm Rob and once again thank you very much for your kind donation.
    I would also like to thank all the people who have been sending donation offers by PM . I never realised how kind the boards community really are . You guy's are all stars .
    Regards.. Damo

• Advertisement

i would like to say a big thank you to mick from Hibernian Poker for his very generous donation of a €60 ticket to one of his games. Great stuff mick and goodluck with your game this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

i can lend you 10/15 stacking banquet chairs Damien. Very good cause, fairr play

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Mr. Wolf

Best of luck with this Damo, I really wish I could lend a hand at this. Hope it goes well.

semibluff wrote: »
    i can lend you 10/15 stacking banquet chairs Damien. Very good cause, fairr play
    Thanks a million Donal , I will know better on friday evening if i will need them . Im not sure yet but i think the rugby club are giving us chairs. I will give you a bell anyway and thank's again.

I got these in the post today . I think i will put them into a nice frame and either auction them on the night or add them to a prize. That was very kind of you rob .:)

I have recieved another very kind donation of a weekend away for two, from one of my regular player's in blaney .

Has any1 any ideas as to what is the best way to give out the prizes that were donated.
    I have a signed copy of life,s a gamble from Roy, I have a €60 ticket for a hibernian poker event, I have 4 wsop 2007 aces singed which i have put into a beautifull frame,
    and there is a weekend away for 2 .

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

high hand of the night for the weekend away?

a raffle for the wsop 07 thingy?

or the other way round maybe

Just a quick reminder guy's about this game tonite , I am giving my time free of charge to raise a few quid for a very worthy cause , All i ask is that you give some of your's to come out for a good nites entertainment and you have a chance of winning a few quid and some nice spot prizes .
    Thanks to every1 that has contributed in any way .
    Kind Regards ... Damo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

pm sent re donation

• Advertisement

Can i just say that i am absolutely amazed at the generosity of the boards community .
    If in the future that any of you need help for anything I will gladly help out in any way that i can. Thank you so much.
    Regards.. Damian

DAMO72 wrote: »
    I got these in the post today . I think i will put them into a nice frame and either auction them on the night or add them to a prize. That was very kind of you rob .:)

no bother. hope it goes well

I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone that turned up for this last nite . We had 45 players creating a prizepool of €900 and 88 rebuy/Add ons making €880 for the fund , all of the donated prizes were raffled off except for the framed WSOP aces which were auctioned, and i was lucky enough to get these for myself for €120. So there was a total of €1000 raised for the Charity from the poker and the auction, Im not sure how much the raffle raised as the family looked after this themselves. There was five places paid out, 1st €400, 2nd €200, 3rd €150, 4th €100, 5th €50.
    The family has asked me to thank all the people on here for their overwhelming support and donation,s.
    Cheers guy,s for everything...Damo

Advertisement