Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buildings on Memorial Rd off Inchicore Road

Options
  • 17-12-2008 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was wondering about some buildings on both sides of the the Memorial Rd off the Inchicore Road. I've passed them in the car/bus a fair few times and always wondered what exactly they were.

Basically there are two buildings on either side of the Memorial Road and I was wondering if anyone knew what they were? They dont look like anything standard like office buildings but I have no idea what they actually are. I assume the buildings on both sides of the road are connected somehow as they share a similar style. I don't think there are any signs advertising what they are- if there are I havent seen them.

Just to clarify - Memorial Road is the road which connects Inchicore road and Con Colbert Road. I think one of the either the 78, 78A or 79 uses this road on the trip into town - a good while since I ever got the bus this way.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Do you mean these:
    http://url.ie/107b

I found a reference on Archiseek.com saying they were:
    Government (black cladded ,wire fenced / detention centre looking) central computer blocks (2 off) sitting on their stilts - off Memorial Road / Con Colbert Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Yup these are the buildings I was on about.

Seems like IT dept for Dept of Social Welfare

Cant say I think much of whoever designed them - from the exterior they are fierce ugly buildings

Mucho thanks

Advertisement