Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foamcore LF ... success at last

Options
  • 24-02-2010 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭

I ironed out some focusing issues with my Foamcore 8x10 (http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055808314) and subjected my long suffering sister and father to some more 8 seconds of complete stillness. Or ALMOST stillness as it turned out, but they definately work regardless ...

4386036602_412f68e515.jpg

I think my sister managed to keep more still than my dad ...
    4386033060_ffabba2ef5.jpg

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

They're fantastic Daire. They are exactly what was produced all those years ago. No point in saying they look authentic, they are authentic. The look they produce is just timeless. Brilliant work IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

They're brilliant. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Brilliant work. I love them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

pete4130 wrote: »
    Brilliant work. I love them!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Gozo

wow! great stuff, fair play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Two great pics, love the picture of your dad!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Thanks all. I'm pretty happy with these results, still some adjustment to be done though.

Next stop is colour negatives, and at some point colour positives directly from the camera :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Excellent stuff Daire. I especially like the one of your sister, it has a very 19th century look about it. I presume you showed it to her, what did she say?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Beautiful shots.... as said before, great 19th century look to your sisters photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

Probably the best shots I've seen here in a good while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

Excellent , really wonderful work ...........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Excellent stuff Daire. I especially like the one of your sister, it has a very 19th century look about it. I presume you showed it to her, what did she say?

My sister grudgingly allowed that it was 'better than the last one', but that it makes her look 'freckly'. My father is dubious about his picture because he thinks it makes him look 'stern'

Honestly, there's just no pleasing some people !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

They're brilliant. Well done!

Advertisement