Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike transport Dublin to Limerick

Options
  • 02-11-2019 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi lads,

I realise I'm an idiot. But I'm after having an offer accepted on a bike that I can't actually ride yet.

Consequently, I need to get it transported from Dublin to Limerick, it's 196km door to door.

Any recommendations or idea of cost?

How do people normally pay when bought sight unseen and not picking up themselves?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Give Damien at Ted's Trucking a call and see what he says.
    I have his number if u need but not sure if it's ok to post here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

blade1 wrote: »
    Give Damien at Ted's Trucking a call and see what he says.
    I have his number if u need but not sure if it's ok to post here.

This!.

I got recommended Teds Trucks from Blade when my son bought a bike in the UK and had it transported to Dublin, highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Pay him in girls and drink...............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Acquiescence

Thanks lads. Seller wants to meet in person to sign log book which totally defeats the purpose of transporting it and I still can't drive it down myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,857 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Thanks lads. Seller wants to meet in person to sign log book which totally defeats the purpose of transporting it and I still can't drive it down myself.

Without being a pedant he can do all that and send it off to Shannon himself. He doesn't need you in person

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Without being a pedant he can do all that and send it off to Shannon himself. He doesn't need you in person

It is supposed to be signed by the new owner to be fair. I had tried to impress on him that whoever picks it up could sign on my behalf. I think he thinks I'm trying to pull a fast one.

Driving up is adding an unnecessary €50+ to my my costs.

I kinda jumped the gun without having the IBT done. I suppose I'll have to suck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Hi lads,

I realise I'm an idiot. But I'm after having an offer accepted on a bike that I can't actually ride yet.

Consequently, I need to get it transported from Dublin to Limerick, it's 196km door to door.

Any recommendations or idea of cost?

How do people normally pay when bought sight unseen and not picking up themselves?

TIA

zubair wrote: »
    Personally I would say don't be too gung ho. Get your ibt and then find the right bike, there's lots of time.

I hate saying I told you so, but you were well warned XD

Would you better off bowing out of the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭ratracer

Have you a car licence? Or know someone who has? You could hire a van and bring it back that way.

I got sorted. A friend is riding it down. Thanks for suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I rather get the bike I wanted/very good condition and have my IBT to do, then have the IBT done and buy a crock......having the bike will give you the extra incentive to get the IBT over with and join the 2 wheeled wonderland.

JUST DONT BE TEMPTED TO GO FOR A QUICK SPIN HERE AND THERE WITH NO T.I.!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement