Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol and Diesel Price Hike

Options
  • 28-11-2017 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Can anyone shed light on the recent hikes in petrol and diesel in Ireland.
    In the past three weeks there has been an 8 cent increase in the cost of both.
    This increase is occuring on a nationwide level, as far as I can see.
    On my recent travels I have noticed that the price is almost uniform at €1.27 for diesl and €1.39 for petrol. This is regardless of whether I am in Carlow, Cork, Waterford or Tipperary.
    We are accustomed to some garages being dearer than others in specific areas, based upon supply and demand. There seems to be an element of price fixing going on at the moment.
    It is too suspicious when all ptrol stations can agree a price regardless of their geographical location.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I find it hard to believe that the oil industry might be involved in price fixing or price gauging.... Or em.... Something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

wasn't long ago petrol was 1.15 again, what the fook happened since then?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You're not shopping around much OP if its all uniform price. Or is that just tinfoil hat stuff ?? .. http://www.pumps.ie/

Texaco
    Main Street, Ballon, Ballon, CarlowView details
    Petrol:130.9c Updated on 27th Nov by Benny2017
    Diesel:120.9c Updated on 27th Nov by Benny2017

GreatGas
    New Rd, Mooncoin, Mooncoin, KilkennyView details
    Petrol:137.9c Updated on 27th Nov by Paulypaul
    Diesel:126.9c Updated on 27th Nov by Paulypaul

Thats just 2 examples updated yesterday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Goose81

CoollyBawn wrote: »
    Hi,

On my recent travels I have noticed that the price is almost uniform at €1.27 for diesl and €1.39 for petrol. This is regardless of whether I am in Carlow, Cork, Waterford or Tipperary.
    We are accustomed to some garages being dearer than others in specific areas, based upon supply and demand. There seems to be an element of price fixing going on at the moment.
    It is too suspicious when all ptrol stations can agree a price regardless of their geographical location.

Petrol stations don't make any money on fuel, maybe a cent a litre, they just use it to get you into the shop , that's why they are all the same price.

Fuel is bought months in advance at a fixed price on the market

• Registered Users Posts: 18,938 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

CoollyBawn wrote: »
    Hi,

Look at the price of crude oil over the last few months and you'll see why the prices have gone up. Only bit of good news is that when crude is at the current high levels the USA output increases so this is the new normal for fuel, till they increase the taxes in the next budget.

• Advertisement
Advertisement