Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suzuki burgman

Options
  • 05-03-2017 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello all , I bought a 2006 Suzuki burgman 250cc , great scooter. Have a slight prob!em doe, I have to change the back wheel and to rip the exhaust manifold nuts to take the exhaust off but only one nut will come free . Now was it a 10 nut or a spline nut first day , the only reason I ask this is because it looks like either the last fella left the socket on the nut or just made bits of spline on it . If that makes sense. Can I take off the wheel without taking off the exhaust ,I can take off the piece that holds on the exhaust but will that give me enough clearance to get the wheel off. Any help on this will help as I can't drive with this tyre. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Goose81

Denny36 wrote: »
    Hello all , I bought a 2006 Suzuki burgman 250cc , great scooter. Have a slight prob!em doe, I have to change the back wheel and to rip the exhaust manifold nuts to take the exhaust off but only one nut will come free . Now was it a 10 nut or a spline nut first day , the only reason I ask this is because it looks like either the last fella left the socket on the nut or just made bits of spline on it . If that makes sense. Can I take off the wheel without taking off the exhaust ,I can take off the piece that holds on the exhaust but will that give me enough clearance to get the wheel off. Any help on this will help as I can't drive with this tyre. Thanks

Can you post a picture of the bolts you need to remove so we can see he problem ? Are you saying the socket has been left on the nut..

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭rat_race

Are you talking about the nuts/bolts that connect the manifold to the engine? They are probably the hardest nuts on a bike to take off.

Anyway, yeah, send a pic and it'll help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Denny36

Sorry , not the manifold . It's where the exhaust joins for the back can . Ya they left the socket on the nut . And they made sh*t of the nut then !!
    I can't seem to put up a Picture . I'll try later . Thanks

Sorry , not the manifold . It's where the exhaust joins for the back can . Ya they left the socket on the nut . And they made sh*t of the nut then !!
    I can't seem to put up a Picture . I'll try later . Thanks

You might be too "new" of a user.

Try this: https://imagebin.ca ... no need to sign up, just upload and image using the button, then it'll give you a link that you can paste here...

Got the back wheel off , I put the centre stand up on blocks. Another problem now is the hand brake is stuck , I think . . I'll still have to take that nut off where the exhaust is joined , I'll send on a photo of the nut, socket later . Thanks by the way

• Advertisement

Got the back wheel off , I put the centre stand up on blocks. Another problem now is the hand brake is stuck , I think . . I'll still have to take that nut off where the exhaust is joined , I'll send on a photo of the nut, socket later . Thanks by the way

Are are saying the nut just spins freely? Or if there is a socket on it, can you not attach to the socket?

Look on the bright side, free socket!

Ha ha 😂 Free socket , not likely , the last fella left the socket on the nut and made bits of the 1/4inch head , the simpleton.. can't drill it , cause it's a stud ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Goose81

Ha ha 😂 Free socket , not likely , the last fella left the socket on the nut and made bits of the 1/4inch head , the simpleton.. can't drill it , cause it's a stud ..

You have 2 options, use an extractor (ez out) on it or the better option IMO, break the socket loose and get it off and then drive up to a welders/metal shop and ask them could they weld a nut to it for you and then you can use a new socket. They probably won't even charge you

Advertisement