Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horn

Options
  • 03-12-2015 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Anybody have any recommnednations for a horn replacement? The one on my Hornet is pretty crap.

Was looking at the Donali Soundbomb.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Nebulas something or other...google it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

DaveD wrote: »
    Anybody have any recommnednations for a horn replacement?
    Nautilus Horn.;)
    :eek: :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

I've these on the Bandit:
    http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-003399801-Supertone-High-Bracket/dp/B000CRZXPI

Only problem is to find a spot to fit them.
    They are loud (and large).

• Registered Users Posts: 34,387 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I have a pair of air horns on the bike from Halfords, cost under €25

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-parts/electrical-lighting/car-alarms-car-horns/ring-twin-car-air-horn

Replaced a very similar pair of Stebels that packed up, probably cost 3 or 4 times as much.

Very effective. They do go off after a few years but at that price who cares. Trumpets are under the side fairing.

134551?$pd_main_v2$

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Remember you'll probably have to wire it via a relay. I think there is one Stebel model that supposedly doesn't need a relay circuit.
    I replaced mine with a second-hand car horn - with a snail-shell body. Loud enough on it's own. If I'd more space I might have mounted the pair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

A horn is crucial for riding.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,387 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

A horn is crucial for riding.

:rolleyes:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Thanks for all the replies. Ended up buying some heated grips instead. The horn is on the list to be replaced so will update here when I decide on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

DaveD wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies. Ended up buying some heated grips instead. The horn is on the list to be replaced so will update here when I decide on one.

So you've decided to buy some heated grips for your horn instead? Not sure whether I want an update on that one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

My horn gave up the ghost today, nothin out of it, the denali comes in at about a ton delivered, which is a bit steep, I like the horn, its sound and its compactness, but I'm sure there's one that does the same job for at least half the price. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,762 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

My horn gave up the ghost today, nothin out of it, the denali comes in at about a ton delivered, which is a bit steep, I like the horn, its sound and its compactness, but I'm sure there's one that does the same job for at least half the price. Any recommendations?

Secondhand BMW car horn. Or off a K100.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

This Daneli Soundbomb "Mini" from R+G Racing works well on the R1,but its over priced for what it is.

DSCN4862_zpsh8yyadnd.jpg

DSCN4865_zpsybafzaal.jpg

Advertisement