Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drove on footpath

Options
  • 23-10-2015 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Saw the guards parked and thought i will be fine if i drive past them at snails pace on footpath with my scooter 50 cc. Guard stoped me and fined me €60 for it but no fine arrived yet after 20 days. At the time guard said i wont get any penalty points if i pay the fine on time but google says its a point for the offence. When i presented my drivers licence at the station i was told i could get 3 penalty points by different guard presumably for careless driving. So is the fine coming and where can i check whether its issued. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Why were you driving on the footpath, especially in front of guards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Bykobap wrote: »
    Saw the guards parked and thought i will be fine if i drive past them at snails pace on footpath with my scooter 50 cc. Guard stoped me and fined me €60 for it but no fine arrived yet after 20 days. At the time guard said i wont get any penalty points if i pay the fine on time but google says its a point for the offence. When i presented my drivers licence at the station i was told i could get 3 penalty points by different guard presumably for careless driving. So is the fine coming and where can i check whether its issued. Cheers

Crazy driving!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Got a court summons for similar a few years back (when they were doing the Luas lines on Abbey str) was literally walking the bike with both feet on the ground when some b**** ban Garda stopped me and said you're going to court, 60 euro donation to the VDP was my sentence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Ah! The lesser-spotted Psychopath. Those Kerrymen were right! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Bykobap

Yeah stupid i know, won't do it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Keith186

Some times they say they are going to do something but they won't follow through with it. That's been my experience a couple of times anyway. But at 20 days you are not out of the woods yet! If it doesn't come soon I doubt you'll get anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I've only done this when popping into Megabikes as it's a pain in the hole to turn in with the traffic (esp cyclists) at the junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Op thread title should be changed to RIDIN ON DA PATH.

Were you riding up to park or taking a short cut or trying to bypass a traffic light?.

Advertisement