Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultrasonic carb cleaning, Dublin?..

Options
  • 04-10-2015 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Well anyone know anyone doing ultrasonic carb cleaning in the Dublin area?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Here is a place Makikomi, I never heard of them, ring them and find out.

http://gbmotorcycles.ie/

Not Dublin, Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

I assume GB is Ger Byrne.

Top bike man.

Looked after quite a few of Irelands top race bikes. Worked for a good few years in Kawasaki/KDI/Bikeworld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Well anyone know anyone doing ultrasonic carb cleaning in the Dublin area?.

Did you go down to Ger? Thinking of giving him a call to look at my bike issue, what would be the turn around on getting it all cleaned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

TallGlass wrote: »
    Did you go down to Ger? Thinking of giving him a call to look at my bike issue, what would be the turn around on getting it all cleaned.

I didn't. I've decided that I've cleaned the carbs enough, I've installed new jets and with the failing light I've had to resign myself to sending the bike into the mechanics shop to get fixed.

Experience with Suzuki's in work was telling me not to touch an SV, I should have learned.

Never again will I touch a Suzuki.

I didn't. I've decided that I've cleaned the carbs enough, I've installed new jets and with the failing light I've had to resign myself to sending the bike into the mechanics shop to get fixed.

Experience with Suzuki's in work was telling me not to touch an SV, I should have learned.

Never again will I touch a Suzuki.

Gonna drop mine off to be cleaned tomorrow took it off earlier. Up **** creek if it dosent slove it.

What's wrong with yours?

Yeah don't think I will be too keen on a Suzuki again after this !

• Advertisement

Gonna drop mine off to be cleaned tomorrow took it off earlier. Up **** creek if it dosent slove it.

What's wrong with yours?

Yeah don't think I will be too keen on a Suzuki again after this !

SV650 too?.

From reading various SV forums it appears as though fueling & electronic issues are a curse on the things.

I don't have a garage and with these very damp, dark days I just don't have the time to delve any deeper into the thing.

Its going up to the guys in NDM to hopefully get sorted.

I just couldn't get the bastard of a thing sorted.

Btw, if its an SV you're working on and finding it hard to refit the airbox to the carbs (and its a f*cking nightmare) a little trick is to boil the rubbers, put them onto the airbox and they'll shrink very tight then sit them onto the carbs.

SV650 too?.

From reading various SV forums it appears as though fueling & electronic issues are a curse on the things.

I don't have a garage and with these very damp, dark days I just don't have the time to delve any deeper into the thing.

Its going up to the guys in NDM to hopefully get sorted.

I just couldn't get the bastard of a thing sorted.

Btw, if its an SV you're working on and finding it hard to refit the airbox to the carbs (and its a f*cking nightmare) a little trick is to boil the rubbers, put them onto the airbox and they'll shrink very tight then sit them onto the carbs.

GSF250 it's my first bike picked it up the weekend. Think old owner said it had be sitting up for a month or so, driving very funky in first gear, just wasn't right taking off and it was stalling or dropping in power. I'm going to get this cleaned in the hope it resolves it, if not I can rule that issue out and look at other issues.

You have experience with NDM? They good to deal with.

You have experience with NDM? They good to deal with.

I've had a lot of dealings with them over the years and always found them good, but I've a PM from awhile back from a forum member who says otherwise.

However overall they've an excellent reputation

I've had a lot of dealings with them over the years and always found them good, but I've a PM from awhile back from a forum member who says otherwise.

However overall they've an excellent reputation

Cheers, I got in touch with D15 Motorcycles so going to drop them on out to them for repair later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Cheers, I got in touch with D15 Motorcycles so going to drop them on out to them for repair later today.

How did you get on? Any improvement?

• Advertisement

kodak wrote: »
    How did you get on? Any improvement?

Yeah I put them on yesterday and it was still snailing along when in first gear at times so no real improvement.

It is gone out to the mechanic for them to take a good look at it, funny thing was it ran grand on the way out to there, only when I was dropping gears coming to a roundabout did it completely lose power. Should hear back Monday or Tuesday on whats the diagnoses with the bike. Bitta luck it be something simple and it be sorted out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Lidl have an ulta sonic cleaning machine on sale at the moment.
    Dont know if you would get a carb into it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Cut off 2l milk bottle filled with cleaning solution, stand the cut off bottle in the ultrasonic cleaner and fill around the bottle with water.

Have you got a link to that?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Have you got a link to that?.

Was on sale last Thursday in Lidl.
    Still plenty of them left too.
    Heres the ultrasonic cleaner on Lidl's website.
    http://www.lidl-service.com/cps/rde/SID-A3CE7A21-009757C4/lsp/hs.xsl/product.html?id=11164566&rdeLocaleAttr=en&title=Ultrasonic

Advertisement