Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorcycle Live 2015 - Any good?

Options
  • 29-09-2015 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I've never been to a bike show ever, but after seeing the Motorcycle Live 2015 advertised, i priced up flights and accommodation and managed to book premier inn (airport/nec) for £35 a night and got a cheapy flight with ryanair for €20, which i thought was great value. I am going to book my ticket for the bike show in the morning but i'm just wondering is it any good/any bargains to be had?

http://www.motorcyclelive.co.uk/?_ga=1.188584168.1196680229.1443489985

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

Not 100% , maybe someone here can confirm , but if you produce your irish passport it's free in . As for the show , haven't been over in years , but it's full of bikes , shops and near naked chicks , why wouldn't you go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Have been over to the show the last 3 yrs and its an excellent show. Always really really good bargains if you can haggle (shame the sterling is bad all the same). The yamaha moto X experience was worth the entrance fee alone changed to KTM for this year.

Excellent show all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

jay48 wrote: »
    Not 100% , maybe someone here can confirm , but if you produce your irish passport it's free in . As for the show , haven't been over in years , but it's full of bikes , shops and near naked chicks , why wouldn't you go ?

Go to the press office on site with your passport/ plane ticket and they give you free admission .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Thanks Guys, Was hoping for good reviews as it was a spur of the moment decision to book when i saw the deals with ryanair and premier inn.
    Jay48, as a female a few near-naked hot guys would be more appealing to me lol :)
    Thanks for the info regarding free entry, had a look on their website and found it afterwards in their FAQs. Glad i didn't book one last night now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Go to the press office on site with your passport/ plane ticket and they give you free admission .

...when did they start doing this ? I've just gone & bought 4 tickets...............:cool:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

Lads im thinking of heading over to this too this year.
    Need new Gloves and a few other little bits.

Wonda, when are you heading over? May just head over the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...when did they start doing this ? I've just gone & bought 4 tickets...............:cool:

Past couple of years. I bought mine too before the last one, managed to sell them at the door. Theres always lads wanting to buy tickets before they arrive at the event so you shouldn't have an issue getting rid of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

goodlad wrote: »

I booked Monday 30th @ 10.45, return that evening on the 20.25. It cost me €20 when I booked.
    I might buy a new battery when I'm there. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I booked Monday 30th @ 10.45, return that evening on the 20.25. It cost me €20 when I booked.

Will you be allowed carry it on the plane?

GBX wrote: »
    Will you be allowed carry it on the plane?

No, you won't.

Tbh, I can't say I've ever seen batteries for sale at the NEC..........but I could be wrong....

I suspect they'd be cheaper here now anyway or online (www.wemoto.com )

I just bought one last Thursday for my bike and it was cheaper to buy locally than online........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

goodlad wrote: »

LOL, sure Avacado boy is coming over this year with us. Have the flights booked nearly 6 mths Id say. Its December cant think of the date now but I get it for you and PM ya.

We used to go over for the 2 days but its grand for a good full day, last year was the debut of the Kwacker H2 was great for the 1st hour then it did my head it all day the noise of it!!!!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    LOL, sure Avacado boy is coming over this year with us. Have the flights booked nearly 6 mths Id say. Its December cant think of the date now but I get it for you and PM ya.

We used to go over for the 2 days but its grand for a good full day, last year was the debut of the Kwacker H2 was great for the 1st hour then it did my head it all day the noise of it!!!!

Solpadeine. Always bring some. Between that and starting all the classics last year, and the Moto-X, my head is always bursting.........and drink loads of water/w.h.y.

Ode To The Motorist

Yeah doesn't help that every time one of the lads goes missing they come back with bottles of beer!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

www.batteryworld.ie seem to have very competitive prices on motorcycle batteries.

Advertisement