Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on the road & ibt

Options
  • 07-07-2015 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

So here's the deal I have an A learner permit I have done my ibt in the past but between the gigs and the reels it has expired without me doing my test so with that in mind what do I need to do to get back on the road(ibt,restrict the bike ? And so on) I'm looking at a 1995 Honda shadow 600..so bloody confused also is this bike suitable to do a test on.thanks in advance.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

If your IBT expired you will have to do it again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

It wont be suitable to do the Full A test on as its not powerful enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Also your dog died.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

Hahaha!! That's is man. Keep belting out the bad news

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

uisce33 wrote: »
    So here's the deal I have an A learner permit I have done my ibt in the past but between the gigs and the reels it has expired without me doing my test so with that in mind what do I need to do to get back on the road(ibt,restrict the bike ? And so on) I'm looking at a 1995 Honda shadow 600..so bloody confused also is this bike suitable to do a test on.thanks in advance.

If you have done ibt, it has not expired.
    You may need to renew your learner permit.
    The ibt you done must have been A 25kw, which is equal to an A2 now.
    If so, you need to get a mod 5 done on an unrestricted bike to valadite you new card type A (if you are over 24)
    Note, your shadow 600 will not suitable for an A test, but you could use a school bike.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

If you have done ibt, it has not expired.

IBT certs issued on or after 19 January 2013 will expire after 2 years.

Advertisement