Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kawasaki Versys (orange) 2007 Stolen in Sandyford, Dublin 18

Options
  • 01-07-2015 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Stolen Motorbike...

BIKE: Kawasaki Versys (Orange) 2007

REG: 07-G-12203

Stolen @ Underground parking, Rockbrook, South Central Apartments, Sandyford, Dublin 18.

any info much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭USER X

Posting an image of the bike for a new boardsie
    J0CfgQ5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Sorry to hear about this. Do you know how they got through your locks/chain ? Be helpful so as others can try and avoid the same situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

ah jasus.... sorry to hear this OP, hope you get it back in one piece. they must have cropped your chain, was it a cheap one?

a neighbor of mine recently got a bike, a Vstrom 650, and had it parked at the front/side of his house for a few days with no chain or lock on it at all! had to say it to him and it was inside the back gardern from that night on.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭USER X

I saw on this page:
    https://www.facebook.com/StolenAndRecoverdIreland?fref=ts

that there was a Toyota Glanza stolen from Sandyford last night also and a Suzuki SV1000 (Red suzuki SV1000 04MH8178 with twin blue flame exhausts and heated grips) taken at the weekend. Some day the Gardai will wake up and start using sting bikes/cars to catch these 'people'

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mishaelpl

They've cut the chain (a pretty descent chain). Accordingly to Gardai chains, locks are not a good protection.

Will need to do some good research about anti-theft protection before i get another bike.

Also... after doing some research i've realized that bicycle,motorbike, cars thefts occur quite often in Sandyford area. I am sure Gardai are well aware of it, but will bring it to them as well.

• Advertisement

It depends on the chain. Most chains can be cropped very quickly. Almax seem to be your best bet to keep your bike safe if a chain is your only option
    http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/ watch the videos on their website of loads of known chains being cropped in seconds compared to their chain all done by normal blokes from their office

thanks, will check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

USER X wrote: »
    I saw on this page:
    https://www.facebook.com/StolenAndRecoverdIreland?fref=ts

that there was a Toyota Glanza stolen from Sandyford last night also and a Suzuki SV1000 (Red suzuki SV1000 04MH8178 with twin blue flame exhausts and heated grips) taken at the weekend. Some day the Gardai will wake up and start using sting bikes/cars to catch these 'people'

Why is it that they don't do that? It seems like a good idea. Just bait a nice looking bike and track where it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Why is it that they don't do that? It seems like a good idea. Just bait a nice looking bike and track where it goes.

Resources, you need to have a group of Gardai hanging around to catch the culprits which can be hours or days and then when it goes to court they will get a slap on the wrist, or let off like the scumbag caught in my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Vigilante bait bike/car will be the next thing if some thing is not done about it.
    Wouldn't take much, just a group of people who have had stuff robbed and a GPS/GSM tracker and sort it out themselves.

• Advertisement

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Vigilante bait bike/car will be the next thing if some thing is not done about it.
    Wouldn't take much, just a group of people who have had stuff robbed and a GPS/GSM tracker and sort it out themselves.

I have a guy who fits them for me so ill sort that, I also have vans and shovels..... A doner bike now and we're set

I'm not sure what the shovels are for but a van for transporting the uninsured/taxed bike would be handy. We'd just need to get the money to buy a donor bike that may never be recovered.

How much would we need to spend? How often would we need to charge the bike battery if the GPS is running 24/7 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I'm not sure what the shovels are for ?

Remember the film Shallow Grave?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭prunudo

Just seen this on Twitter, r1 stolen in rathnew this afternoon. Broad daylight by the sounds of it.

https://twitter.com/wicklow_news/status/616679971877179392

I was in town (dublin) 2 days ago and I parked my bike up on the quays. A scumbag walks up and says nice bike. Now I'm pretty used to it as its a big fast bike, but I just felt uncomfortable with THIS particular guy talking about my bike.

So I decided to find out more.. we got talking. He explained how he rides bikes off road and gets chased by the police a lot. His mate died last year because he came off the bike with no helmet doing a wheelie in a housing estate. I then basically asked if he steals them himself. He said yeah he does and pointed out a bike riding by.. it was like a DRZ and his eyes lit up with excitement. He robs them types and puts nobblies on them but cuts off a lot of the fairings and other stuff.

My bikes have all had attempted robberies in the last two years (4 in total). I've chased them out of my garden and out of my estate twice. I've chased after them at 3am in a ****ty little car which couldn't keep up. They've cost me well over 1000 euro in expenses to repair the damage they do. I have installed a complex security camera system and special radar alarm for movement. I can sleep soundly at night. But we shouldn't have to do this :(

My family is devastated that these scumbags are stalking our house and on many occasions end up setting off alarms. The amount of stress it has given us is unreal. It was tough to sleep on Sunday night for a long time because that was the most active night.

If I ever catch them on my camera system or touching my bikes they will be slapped on the wrist for trespassing. I'd prefer if they were slapped with a shovel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

^^^^ Bloody hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Underground car parks in Sandyford seem to be a god send for these bas tards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

It would have taken me some amount of restraint not to punch the head off him :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aido43

Pass that place all the time--some balls to rob a bike from outside shop. Crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭blade1

So I decided to find out more.. we got talking. He explained how he rides bikes off road and gets chased by the police a lot. His mate died last year because he came off the bike with no helmet doing a wheelie in a housing estate. I then basically asked if he steals them himself. He said yeah he does and pointed out a bike riding by.. it was like a DRZ and his eyes lit up with excitement. He robs them types and puts nobblies on them but cuts off a lot of the fairings and other stuff.
    Ah well, sounds like one less scumbag to worry about.

blade1 wrote: »
    Ah well, sounds like one less scumbag to worry about.

But they are like cockroaches :( more keep appearing after one gets stood on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bike3

That was my friends glanza that was stolen. Does anyone know how likely it is that he'll get it back? Or any guesses as to where it'd end up?

bike3 wrote: »
    That was my friends glanza that was stolen. Does anyone know how likely it is that he'll get it back? Or any guesses as to where it'd end up?

I had a civic robbed on me years ago, was never seen again! Id say your mates car ended up in a container on a ship or more likely stripped for parts because them things are getting rare now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

aaakev wrote: »

That's an organised made to order gang imo. They've be putting two or three bikes in the van and going to the port and on into container. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the eastern European gang located in Clondalkin who are well known to the Gardaí. Not nice guys by all accounts.

i am going to talk to management of south central apartment block in Sandyford to get some surveillance service like netwatch (heard its efficient) or a security guard (security hut already there). Might need to get petition organized as well. My friend who lives in the Forum apartment block next to South Central in Sandyford said that since they've started using netwatch all robberies stopped all of a sudden.

i believe that glanza was stolen from the same underground parking as my Versys. There's been many other incidents like this, mostly around bicycles (cut locks all over the place). When i was at Garda station yesterday to sort out paper work for my bike, one of Gardai said glanza was found burned out somewhere.

so far all management company did is issued letters to tenants to be vigilant about it ... especially at 3 am right ...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Unknowingly I was chatting to a bike thief who was in the process of stealing an RG250 Gamma in London one time, outside the building site and I could see he was having trouble starting it so I went and had a chat, he got her going and off he went. A whilst after one of the scaffolders was going around all distraught..... and he had only borrowed the bike from a mate for the day!

Moral being I guess if you see a bike getting loaded into a van etc and it doesn't look quite right get nosey.

Advertisement