Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rospa

Options
  • 26-02-2015 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Was looking up the RoSPA site for information - not sure if they have a rider group here in Ireland- has anyone any experience with them? Are the courses worth doing? What's involved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

Don't know too much about it but yes you can do your rospa here . Get yourself the police riders handbook , roadcraft , that's the theory behind it . Then do a few lessons . It's worth doing alright , any training is worth doing IMO and you'll get a discount on your insurance depending on what grade you get .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Where are you based? im going the rospa training on Sunday so I'll get you details then oh and get on YouTube and watch the videos on there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Pataman wrote: »

This looks interesting, has anyone been to any of their events/meetings or gotten any training through them?

I bought the police riders handbook a couple months ago and have been reading it though i have not really been consciously putting it into practice. Id like to get the rospa test this year if possible, from what i gather it would help a lot to reduce the chances of being in an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I've done the rospa and renewed a few times.
    back in the day it made a big difference in the insurance. The course I did paid for itself in one renewal.
    If you get, read and understand the Police riders' handbook mentioned, that covers what you are supposed to drive like.

It's a 90 minute test so you will have difficulty bluffing it and in my view it was wortwhile as I practice what I learned driving my motorcycle, car, bicycle walking on the street etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 hondabiker

I'm based in Dublin and can check out the youtube videos. What does it cost to join RoSPA? are there fees for the rider training? The vibe from anyone who has dealt with them seems positive enough.

Advertisement