Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Citroen c5?

• 10-01-2015 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

hey im considering buying a 05 citroen c5 1.6hdi.. i had a 407 with the same engine and it was a giant pile of you know what, are these cars any better?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭DoomZ

OH has a 07 one...still going strong.
    But it gets no hard work...like me driving it :-)

A friend had a 07 407... Piece of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭celica1994

yea the 407 is the worse car i ever owned, just curious if the c5 is much better?

IMO after experience of both, C5 is better, but a 10yr one...you need to really give it a once over.

DoomZ wrote: »
    IMO after experience of both, C5 is better, but a 10yr one...you need to really give it a once over.

yea i agree, if im getting one it will have to be in very good nick, whats the big things to look out for, suspension im guessin?

• Advertisement

Ya, suspension would be a place to watch for. Other than that, generally take it for a drive from a cold start, look for engine knocking, smokey fumes.
    OH's C5 gave less problems( in fact none) than a 2011 Opel :-/

im guessing the dreaded DFP filter is another to watch haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Suspension is generally reliable. You must remember that the spheres are general service items with specified service intervals and not a fit and forget item. They do need to be paid attention every so often, something like every 120,000 miles with the new generation spheres.

The 1.6 is a grand engine. It does not tolerate abuse, the general Irish mentality towards servicing of a mate servicing it before the NCT doesn't cut it. They take a specific type of oil and don't like anything else.

However, the family has one. A 06 with near 180,000 miles and the only thing that went wrong was a starter motor at 130k. Grand comfy car.

yea i just found it interesting that they generally dont have a bad rep for cars, i wouldnt touch a peugeot again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The C5 and 407 are practically the same car. Higher spec C5 tend to have a more complicated suspension.

• Advertisement

Peugeot and Citreon are much the same company, but for some reason the Peugeot is crap.

DoomZ wrote: »
    Peugeot and Citreon are much the same company, but for some reason the Peugeot is crap.

seems so, i had a 406 years ago , good car, had a 407 and 607 and they were just terrible!

Advertisement