Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

used bike inspection?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Bring someone experienced with you....never mind a check to see if its robbed etc. Id be more concerned about it being a junker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭honda boi

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Bring someone experienced with you....never mind a check to see if its robbed etc. Id be more concerned about it being a junker!

Ah don't no anyone that's into bikes.
    Never thought of that,Bike is only 1200€,so hopefully not robbed! But will have to do a check to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Post up the bike, model & year here and someone will most likely know its pros and cons.

Post up the bike, model & year here and someone will most likely know its pros and cons.

This it here.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/view/8389962

• Registered Users Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭blade1

honda boi wrote: »

Not exactly a hooligan bike is it!
    I'm going to go all out here and say it's legit!
    Good luck with it if you buy it;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

A dullsville with a restriction fit? Jesus christ.... you will fall asleep from bordem on the fooking thing.

goodlad wrote: »
    A dullsville with a restriction fit? Jesus christ.... you will fall asleep from bordem on the fooking thing.

Lol ah just need it to commute to work and back(50miles each way),and I'm on an a2 provisional license so it will need to be restricted unfortunately.
    It'll be a lot cheaper on petrol than a 1.6 petrol focus

blade1 wrote: »
    Not exactly a hooligan bike is it!
    I'm going to go all out here and say it's legit!
    Good luck with it if you buy it;)

Lol Ye I doubt many scumbags would be interested in this bike.. The mileage seems awfully low for a 99 bike no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

Ah sure its perfect for the purpose you need it for man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lol Ye I doubt many scumbags would be interested in this bike.. The mileage seems awfully low for a 99 bike no?

I wouldn't worry about the milage!
    Try and check is she burning oil.
    If you or someone could drive behind it and see is it blowing out smoke on gear changes up and down.

Check exhaust for rust underneath.
    Brakes,Tyres, any play in the headstock,wheel bearings etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Just ask, when you know the details of where it is and when you are off to look, and maybe someone off here will go with you to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Check it runs on reserve, (fuel pump)
    Try and see if the front plug has been changed, Btch of a job.
    Exhaust rot (already been mentioned)
    Fork seals may need doing check forks aren't oily.
    Honda's of this era can have bad reg recs, check that everything works and it isn't overcharging or undercharging. (use a multimeter when bike is idling to check Voltage output, and while revving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

My center stand broke off my Deauville recently. Check that for rust!

If anyone knows where I can get a center stand PM me please :)

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Check it runs on reserve, (fuel pump)
    Try and see if the front plug has been changed, Btch of a job.
    Exhaust rot (already been mentioned)
    Fork seals may need doing check forks aren't oily.
    Honda's of this era can have bad reg recs, check that everything works and it isn't overcharging or undercharging. (use a multimeter when bike is idling to check Voltage output, and while revving it.

Thanks for that, seems handy enough to check these(hopefully!)

Faing wrote: »
    Just ask, when you know the details of where it is and when you are off to look, and maybe someone off here will go with you to check it out.

Didn't think anyone would come along on this site :p.

Seems that the bike I linked is sold!!.
    Anyone one experience with city spares? See they have a deauville for cheap,but looks like it needs downpipes soon.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/view/8245046

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Seems that the bike I linked is sold!!.
    Anyone one experience with city spares? See they have a deauville for cheap,but looks like it needs downpipes soon.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/view/8245046

I dont recall any negative experiences posted here ( could be wrong ) Their description of the bike seems honest.

You have to move fast sometimes if you want something, I have missed out on a few deals because I didn't act quickly enough.
    There is a Revere on DD for 1250 looks clean enough, basically a naked Deauville, not as practical but looks better.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Give Paul Greaney a call and see if he has anything to suit your needs, 086-8155622

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Just put up 85,000 miles commuting on my Deauville. Still feel it's the best commuter out there, bar none. Now, if mine had ABS brakes .....

• Advertisement

Roadtoad wrote: »
    Just put up 85,000 miles commuting on my Deauville. Still feel it's the best commuter out there, bar none. Now, if mine had ABS brakes .....
    There is no other midsize shaftie that is as reliable.
    NT/NTV series is proven reliable since 1988 and any issues are well known and sortable.

Advertisement