Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of circumstances

Options
  • 24-07-2014 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    So we had an income of 43000 in 2013. This does entitle you to 25% grant level. However, this figure included a lot of overtime and sunday hours. Our basic pay would be 36680 for the year. I rang SUSI to tell them this and they said we'd need a letter from the employer to say that there will be no overtime and less sunday hours. We got this letter and today I confirmed with SUSI that this is on the system. However, she could not tell me what income will now be considered.
    My question is, will they only take into consideration the 36680 figure or what are they going to use as our income limit. I'd like to know what level grant I will be getting.
    Kind regards,
    Outnumbered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,812 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hi all,
    So we had an income of 43000 in 2013. This does entitle you to 25% grant level. However, this figure included a lot of overtime and sunday hours. Our basic pay would be 36680 for the year. I rang SUSI to tell them this and they said we'd need a letter from the employer to say that there will be no overtime and less sunday hours. We got this letter and today I confirmed with SUSI that this is on the system. However, she could not tell me what income will now be considered.
    My question is, will they only take into consideration the 36680 figure or what are they going to use as our income limit. I'd like to know what level grant I will be getting.
    Kind regards,
    Outnumbered.

Its impossible to say. Only SUSI can tell you.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Its impossible to say. Only SUSI can tell you.

but "they can't"..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,812 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

but "they can't"..

Well we definitely can't.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement