Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend 'free' current account?

Options
  • 30-04-2007 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

I've lived away for a coupleof years and don't know who else, besides PTSB who I already have an account with, offer the transaction fee free banking.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

AIB if you use online banking and your debit card once a quarter. BOI also have some similar offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Halifax have there's coming out next month.

10% interest for life on first €2k balance.

http://www.halifax.ie/index.jsp?pID=94&nID=314

includes debit card which is a 1st in Ireland afaik

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

BuffyBot wrote:
    AIB if you use online banking and your debit card once a quarter. BOI also have some similar offer.

I'd vote for Ulster Bank.

1: You don't have to worry about doing a certain amount of transactions. It's just free.

2: I've an account with AIB and Ulster Bank. Whenever I visit the AIB it's always a 20 minute wait to get to a teller (Swords & Camden St branches). With Ulster Bank it's always been less than 5 mins (Airport Roundabout & Camden St branches).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

uberwolf wrote:
    Halifax have there's coming out next month.

10% interest for life on first €2k balance.

http://www.halifax.ie/index.jsp?pID=94&nID=314

includes debit card which is a 1st in Ireland afaik

That Halifax looks good but I'm confused about the first paragraph.

"Customers who open a Halifax Current Account and put €1,500 into their account each month will receive 10%* credit interest on their balance up to €2,000!"

Does that mean you only get the 10% if you put €1500 into your account each month? Does that mean you have to increase your savings by €1500 each month or can you just get your pay put in there and withdraw as normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

1500 is your pay (or similar).

AIB have a similar interest being offered, but it's a limited duration.

• Advertisement
Advertisement