Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA Insurance

Options
  • 06-03-2007 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi

I've found out that insurance has gone up by €100 this year, from 360 to 460. This is with ABC who go through AIG or coyle and hamilton.. Can't remember. Are there any other options? Anyone know any english company who can cover?
    It seems a scam that clubs need public liability. Any hall will already have this, so it's being covered twice. Surely all one should need is professional indemnity or something like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

You don't need any insurance since there's no regulation of MA in Ireland.
    Usually rented halls are the ones who demand it, followed by associations/federations etc. (Although you'd be mad to be without it).

Anyway AMA in the UK do it for less than that I think, they usually have an ad in Irish Fighter - new issue on shelves now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

they usually have an ad in Irish Fighter - new issue on shelves now!
    Not in tralee, I was very disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Here's AMA Tom Hibberts email address if it's of any use to you:

tom@amauk.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭patjunfa

Brilliant, thanks for that Maeve and Clive

I've emailed him now. I'll see

Advertisement