Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Ah, poor Grace, but she is looking great already. Great losses all round tonight. Is anyone using the phone app, myot.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

twirlagig wrote: »
    Ah, poor Grace, but she is looking great already. Great losses all round tonight. Is anyone using the phone app, myot.ie?

I'm following grace on it. I'm not doing the food though. I just don't find it that appetising and i dont eat that bad anyway
    (having said that I've only lost a pound!)

yellow hen wrote: »
    I'm following grace on it. I'm not doing the food though. I just don't find it that appetising and i dont eat that bad anyway
    (having said that I've only lost a pound!)

A pound is a pound! Don't knock it! :D I don't follow the food strictly either, some things I will make if I like the look of them. I'm following her too, not doing too bad. 4 off this week :D WIsh I could kick the fags too!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Well done,it all adds up over time.
    Wouldn't recommend giving up smoking at same time as tryng a weight loss programme-too much at once.
    I think these leaders are great,the thought of standing in underwear on weighing scales on national television wouldn't appeal to me - and I'm slim.
    This chronic weight problem is getting out of hand,so hopefully,everyone who needs to change their lifestyle will do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Since when is smoking 20 fags a day chain smoking :rolleyes: Your man with the false accent that was crying because he though when people look at him they might think he was fat. He was like a cry baby. He is 39 and needs to grow up or else man up a bit.

• Advertisement

Since when is smoking 20 fags a day chain smoking :rolleyes:

It's still too many, I am down to about 10 a day, and hopefully I will quit in the months ahead!

Your man with the false accent that was crying because he though when people look at him they might think he was fat. He was like a cry baby. He is 39 and needs to grow up or else man up a bit.

It can't be easy on any of them to go on national tv and expose themselves like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Would KT ever learn that "lieutenant" is not pronounced "left tennant" :confused:

Felt awfully sorry for Grace, she looked really shocked.

I'm liking Kayleigh (sp?) more and more - I reckon she'll do really well in the end.

Anyone else signed up for the 5K in the Phoenix Park in Feb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I really dislike the female judge, Ava is it? You can tell that she has an immense dislike for overweight people, anyone see her rant at Adrian over the fry his brothers have every morning? Ridiculously unhealthy I know but if she started to go on about me being disgusting I would have told her to STFU.

Felt sorry for Grace alright, what your man Karl said was true about having to up the intensity level every week.

Since when is smoking 20 fags a day chain smoking

It's still too many, I am down to about 10 a day, and hopefully I will quit in the months ahead!
    Chain smoking is continuous smoking, it would take a lot more than 20 a day to keep a chain smoker going. KT calling that girl a chain smoker was nonsense.
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/chain-smoking

Fair play to you for going down to 10 a day. I hope that you will be able to kick the habit.

Why don't they ever do a follow up of the previous years contestants? Probably because they go back to stuffing their gobs when the show is over. They don't ever lose much weight anyway during the show :rolleyes: RTE should film the show over the summer so that the contestants have time to lose enough weight so us viewers can see the difference. Then they should broadcast it during the winter bringing the contestants back at the end to see if they kept up the weight loss :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Felt sorry for Grace alright, what your man Karl said was true about having to up the intensity level every week.

Also, as Grace is not obese, she's probably not going to lose weight as quickly as the others. She had a phenomenal weight loss last week, IMO it's not surprising that the results wasn't as impressive this week.
    I really dislike the female judge, Ava is it? You can tell that she has an immense dislike for overweight people, anyone see her rant at Adrian over the fry his brothers have every morning? Ridiculously unhealthy I know but if she started to go on about me being disgusting I would have told her to STFU

Totally agree, the look of disgust on her face. Her attitude is appalling. What a sanctimonious witch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

They don't ever lose much weight anyway during the show :rolleyes:

Well, the show is only six weeks or so long, they're not going to lose a huge amount in that time. Dropping huge amounts of weight on crash diets is much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Also, as Grace is not obese, she's probably not going to lose weight as quickly as the others. She had a phenomenal weight loss last week, IMO it's not surprising that the results wasn't as impressive this week.

Oh I totally get that, I'm speaking from experience myself. :) What I meant was that if you're obese, keeping the same level of intensity in your exercise is fine and you'll keep losing weight. It's when you get down to that last stone or two that you really have to start upping the ante in the gym or whatever.

Well, the show is only six weeks or so long, they're not going to lose a huge amount in that time. Dropping huge amounts of weight on crash diets is much worse.
    Isn't that the point I made in my post that the time frame for them to lose enough weight was too short ;)

Anyone tuning in again?

Dr. Eva's givimg me the shivers already, and it's only started! I'm a low-carb fan (even if I'm not very good at it) rather than a low-fat fan, but even apart from that, has anyone ever heard her say anything encouraging, ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Would KT ever learn that "lieutenant" is not pronounced "left tennant"

I don't think its as clear cut as that!

Pronunciation
    Pronunciation of lieutenant is generally split between the forms /lɛfˈtɛnənt/ lef-ten-ənt and /ljuːˈtɛnənt/ ( listen) lew-ten-ənt, with the former generally associated with the United Kingdom, Ireland and Commonwealth countries, and the latter generally associated with most other countries including the United States.[1] The early history of the pronunciation is unclear; Middle English spellings suggest that the /ljuː-/ and /lɛf-/ pronunciations may have existed even then.[2] The rare Old French variant spelling luef for Modern French lieu ('place') supports the suggestion that a final [w] of the Old French word was in certain environments perceived as an [f].[2]
    In Royal Naval tradition—and other English-speaking navies outside the United States—a reduced pronunciation /ləˈtɛnənt/ was used. This is not recognized as current by the OED, however, and by 1954 the Royal Canadian Navy, at least, regarded it as "obsolescent" even while regarding "the army's 'LEF-tenant'" to be "a corruption of the worst sort".[3]

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Anyone tuning in again?

Dr. Eva's givimg me the shivers already, and it's only started! I'm a low-carb fan (even if I'm not very good at it) rather than a low-fat fan, but even apart from that, has anyone ever heard her say anything encouraging, ever?

Yep, tuned in. Don't like Eva's manner at all either. Good at what she does but a bit of niceness wouldn't go astray

Would KT ever learn that "lieutenant" is not pronounced "left tennant"

I don't think its as clear cut as that!

Pronunciation
    Pronunciation of lieutenant is generally split between the forms /lɛfˈtɛnənt/ lef-ten-ənt and /ljuːˈtɛnənt/ ( listen) lew-ten-ənt, with the former generally associated with the United Kingdom, Ireland and Commonwealth countries, and the latter generally associated with most other countries including the United States.[1] The early history of the pronunciation is unclear; Middle English spellings suggest that the /ljuː-/ and /lɛf-/ pronunciations may have existed even then.[2] The rare Old French variant spelling luef for Modern French lieu ('place') supports the suggestion that a final [w] of the Old French word was in certain environments perceived as an [f].[2]
    In Royal Naval tradition—and other English-speaking navies outside the United States—a reduced pronunciation /ləˈtɛnənt/ was used. This is not recognized as current by the OED, however, and by 1954 the Royal Canadian Navy, at least, regarded it as "obsolescent" even while regarding "the army's 'LEF-tenant'" to be "a corruption of the worst sort".[3]

I didn't mean that... not arguing the case for either pronunciation! But if you're going to go for the English/Irish one, then it's leftenant, not left-tenant. Listen to it this week!

(I can be a bit of a nerd/pedant about these things when they've caught my ear - apologies!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Yep, tuned in. Don't like Eva's manner at all either. Good at what she does but a bit of niceness wouldn't go astray

Ah I think she has give them tough love.. No point in being nice to them, or they will be great friends and lose no weight...

Now back up on that treadmill Twirly, you're NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH.. !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I didn't mean that... not arguing the case for either pronunciation! But if you're going to go for the English/Irish one, then it's leftenant, not left-tenant.

I'd always thought I'd just been mis hearing they way people said it... I thought that they were pronouncing as "LET - ennant", but it seems that people do put in an "f" ..

• Advertisement

Their faces are all looking much thinner!

I didn't mean that... not arguing the case for either pronunciation! But if you're going to go for the English/Irish one, then it's leftenant, not left-tenant. Listen to it this week!

(I can be a bit of a nerd/pedant about these things when they've caught my ear - apologies!)

Oh, FFS, after all that she said it right this week. I give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Loved the tough love from the sergeant tonight!
    He really let rip at them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Heroditas wrote: »

:D He is still a lot less scary than Dr Eva though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Heroditas wrote: »

:D He is still a lot less scary than Dr Eva though.

Oh God, yeah! :D

Two reasons that these people will fail to reach their ideal weight.
    1. They crave attention.
    2. They need plenty motivation to lose weight.
    When the show finishes and these two needs are taken from them they will quickly go back to their old eating habits. There is only one person that will help you lose weight and that person is yourself. What you need is will power and determination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I know one of the ladies who was in it last year looks like she has regained almost all of her weight, which is a shame, and I saw her lunch and it was NOT good choices.

They were all on the John Murray show this morning, saying how well they were doing.... was someone telling porkies?

(I wasn't listening very attentively, so deepest apologies if I've dissed someone in the wrong!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I know one of the ladies who was in it last year looks like she has regained almost all of her weight, which is a shame, and I saw her lunch and it was NOT good choices.

Spill! Which one was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Ah no, I'd feel terrible if she read it here...maybe it's just me that thinks she looks bigger now than at the finale.
    Just listening to the John Murray show now, Ronan Scully is great, I've seen him at races...

Advertisement