Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 2) - 9/10 March 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Santa is Shels supporter?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Des wrote: »
    There was a Bohs Crowd?

"Can you hear the Boez sing?"

You for real? I forgot your lot were even there until ya's scored against the run of play, a few boys woke up then.

Nice to have ya's back though, where ya's belong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Any estimates about the Shels-Bohs attendance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

stovelid wrote: »

It looked bigger than us vs Sligo last week, possible 3k. Very sizable Shels, and the Jodi was at about 80%

It looked bigger than us vs Sligo last week, possible 3k. Very sizable Shels, and the Jodi was at about 80%

Decent enough, in fairness. Think we were about 500-800 more than that tonight.

Was only asking as it was the first Dublin derby and wanted to see the attendance. We play youse and B*hs next two home league games so will be interesting to see the crowds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

In hindsight I'm almost glad we drew with Sligo last week and the first win back in the big time came at Dalyer. Super result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

150-ish in Terryland Park. Devon claimed it was 347 or something.

They comped all their members and gave free tickets to anyone that would take them and 150 is all they got.

I am actually surprised the attendance wasn't bigger. I thought I'd be happier, but it's not really any consolation at this stage.

The league chairman and Salthill Devon man, Eamon Naughton was there to see the joke he is presiding over.

The football people of Galway see Devon for what they are, not that Naughton will ever admit to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dundalk are brutal and that pitch is balder than a buddhist monk.

We bringing sexy back :D at times some of our play was ****ing sexual, just players in wrong positions and the last pass didnt make it. Getting closer and closer tho, when we click properly we gonna look great. Still can be got at tho, but not by Dundalk cos they are rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Totally outplayed in the first half, yet 1:0 up at h-t. :confused::pac: Bohs played some nice ball in the first half and had a huge amount of pressure, just no poacher to make it count.

Played a helluva lot better in the second half (not hard tbh). Philly "He eats what he wants" Hughes wrapped it all up. He was fouled in the second half in Bohs box but went down to easy and was booked. Why he done that when straight through on goal, I'll never know. :confused:

Injury time was hilarious. Hope ShelsTV show it in its entirety. :D:D:D

Derry, Shamrock, and SPA in our next three. :eek:

Seriously 9 red cards in 12 games? refs get a mandate or something ?

Noobie ref tonight he was brutal.

Rovers Drogs double was 9-1 when both losing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

There was a certain Roddy-ness to the game in Tallaght. Do well at the start, go along comfortably until halfway through being clever and wasting time before one bad thing happening and it falling apart. :)

Great goal from Dennehy...even got the West Stand on their feet. Had Brennan scored that goal instead of giving the ball to Twigg who was offside it would've been stunning, great ball control. GON man of the match for me..

dfx- wrote: »
    GON man of the match for me..

Happy for him. Looks fit and two decent games on the trot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Totally outplayed in the first half, yet 1:0 up at h-t. :confused::pac: Bohs played some nice ball in the first half and had a huge amount of pressure, just no poacher to make it count.

Played a helluva lot better in the second half (not hard tbh). Philly "He eats what he wants" Hughes wrapped it all up. He was fouled in the second half in Bohs box but went down to easy and was booked. Why he done that when straight through on goal, I'll never know. :confused:

That chant was hilarious, brilliant. :D

reckon we be making those little passes and our players playing this formation right by then.

interesting to see if we can cope with hoofball with 2 footballing centrebacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

2-0 totally flattered us. Great play from Duffer for both.

Drogheda dominated the game from start to finish.
    Agree on both points
    Kavanagh and Danny Murphy had a real tough night. Their front 3 of Hynes, Brennan and Mulvenna made us look like statues.

I put that dwn more to CCFC players lacking than anything else.
    Our strengths look to be down right side with Dunleavy and Horgan and yet we continually went down the left side were Shane O'Connor was disappointing I've got to say.
    Its a tough position to play. True, he contributed little if anything, but he worked hard tracking back and made a few decent tackles.

In saying that the sending off was a game changer and the pen. was supposedly soft(couldn't see).

Both decisions were correct. The pen was soft, from our point of view. It was a stupid foul when there was no need for it. The second I saw it (I have a great angle on that penalty box) I said penalty.

Last season I was shouted down by many here and other places for saying our defense is awful. Tonight showed how awful our defense is. Keystone cops stuff again. All 4, plus keeper contributed in some way to conceding, though I am slow to criticise Nulty given the saves he made, but his flap for the winner just shows old problems again.

Shams next week, the Derry away. Oh dear.

We are not a bad side. Far from it. I truly believ there is an element of stage fright for many players there. It is, afterall, a first foray into the premier for many, manager included. I just hope that after we probably lose our opening 4 games that fans stay on side and realise that this season is all about stability in the premier.

UGH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

:D Super Saints!!!

On another note, Philly Hughes is a super player for a fat b*stard!!!!

dreamers75 wrote: »
    reckon we be making those little passes and our players playing this formation right by then.

interesting to see if we can cope with hoofball with 2 footballing centrebacks.

Coping with us hoofing the ball is a piece of p***. We're no good at it. Coping with us when we play a bit of ball is another story. Kavanagh and Cronin really compliment each other in our midfield.
    monkey9 wrote: »
    Philly Hughes is a super player

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Coping with us hoofing the ball is a piece of p***. We're no good at it. Coping with us when we play a bit of ball is another story. Kavanagh and Cronin really compliment each other in our midfield.

For a fat b*stard!! :cool:

We have 2 footballing CBs, no nutter in there to combat hoofball. Our Cbs set up for attacking, an interesting season for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

AGC wrote: »
    Tramway has been unsafe for a lot longer than Connaght St

In what specific way is it unsafe though. Its not like it is liable to collapse in the same way as connaught st since it has an entirely solid base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

When Kelly booked him? I was right in line with that, definite contact.

I was just up behind you closer to the corner flag and there looked minimal contact, definitely not a peno but worth a shout.

2,690 is what Extratime is saying, doubt that includes the 100+ Shels fans that paid through the "exit". Was talking to the head steward at our end when queuing up (just as they opened the gate for exact money), he said Bohs were expecting 150 Shels fans hence the lack of manpower at our end on the turnstiles, etc... we used to bring 150 to Salthill on Friday nights in October ffs! :D

Kavanaghs flicks and turns were class, as for the Bohs c*nt who tried milling Cronin into the carpark he can f8ck right off!

Bucko giving the Shels fans a show of his arse, classy bloke! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

When Kelly booked him? I was right in line with that, definite contact.

I was just up behind you closer to the corner flag and there looked minimal contact, definitely not a peno but worth a shout.

2,690 is what Extratime is saying, doubt that includes the 100+ Shels fans that paid through the "exit". Was talking to the head steward at our end when queuing up (just as they opened the gate for exact money), he said Bohs were expecting 150 Shels fans hence the lack of manpower at our end on the turnstiles, etc... we used to bring 150 to Salthill on Friday nights in October ffs! :D

Kavanaghs flicks and turns were class, as for the Bohs c*nt who tried milling Cronin into the carpark he can f8ck right off!

Bucko giving the Shels fans a show of his arse, classy bloke! :D
    Thats two games in a row now that we've been mooned. Not what i was expecting back in the premier division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

Fair play to the Drogs, great result for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Credit to Shelbourne to be fair. Bohs were quite dominant in the lead up to both goals. Annoying time to concede the first goal given how dominant Bohs were. Same with the second but some disastrous defending. Took both goals well. Bohs for all their possession and lovely play, they didn't have anybody to finish which is a pity.

Callaghan will take a lot of positives though. Played some excellent stuff at times and the crossing from dead balls was fantastic all night. Decent turn out all the same even though the result didn't go the way I wanted.

Only catching up with results now. Fair play to Drogheda though. Sounds like an absolute thriller of a game. Looking forward to seeing the highlights on MNS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Fair play to the Drogs, great result for them.

Yup the better team won last night, 2-0 to City was an outrageous scoreline at the time.

Our next two games are Shamrock at home and Derry away. We're lookign at the very real prospect of zero points from four games :(

If that happens, the fans will really get on the manager's back, as they're idiots. This team needs to be given time to settle in to this division.

But we have Shamrock next week, no better way to bounce back than to beat them in front of a big crowd at the Cross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Going home to make this Rovers game next week.

Cant wait for it.

Hoping for 3 points

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Going home to make this Rovers game next week.

Cant wait for it.

Hoping for 3 points

I'd gladly take a draw after 2 losses to be honest.
    Reckon we'll get another 4k crowd, if not more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

Will Shels get fined for that flare again? I know the Guards took care of it fairly quickly.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Thought we played the better football, not clinical enough unfortunately and Shels took their chances well.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Thought we played the better football, not clinical enough unfortunately and Shels took their chances well.
    First half without a doubt, thought we were the better team in the second half though. You could see that bit of extra class in our side too though, and that was without Casso our best player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

cson wrote: »
    Will Shels get fined for that flare again? I know the Guards took care of it fairly quickly.

Yup, €400. Same stupid kids agan it seemed. :rolleyes:

:D

Ollie would be proud of Bohs. :D:D:D

Letting fans in through one of the gates, cash into a biscuit tin, no receipts. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Dundalk are brutal and that pitch is balder than a buddhist monk.

We bringing sexy back :D at times some of our play was ****ing sexual, just players in wrong positions and the last pass didnt make it. Getting closer and closer tho, when we click properly we gonna look great. Still can be got at tho, but not by Dundalk cos they are rubbish.

That was probably the worst Dundalk performance I've seen in 6 or 7 years. My only hope is that Bray are worse than us as we are terrible and are in real danger of going down. Absolutely nothing positive to take from that game from a Dundalk viewpoint. Very depressing

I was very disappointed with Pats I thought they would have been a lot better. I can see them getting better though as there was some moments of good play. Maybe it was just a case of not having to really try against a team of boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Ollie would be proud of Bohs. :D:D:D

Letting fans in through one of the gates, cash into a biscuit tin, no receipts. :pac::pac::pac:

Was having a pint with the auld lad after the game and I dropped my ticket. He couldn't believe I had one. I asked him how he got in and he says they were just throwing money into a tin.

Only 2 gates open was a bit of an oversight though.

Quigley getting a 6 game ban for something else other than the tackle?

Wtf did he do ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Wtf did he do ?

Took a crap in the Glentoran supporters bus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Kavanagh and Cronin have the makings of a fantastic centre mid partnership alright but we do have Martin and Mulcahy to come into midfield so would expect big improvements from us there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

bohsman wrote: »
    Kavanagh and Cronin have the makings of a fantastic centre mid partnership alright but we do have Martin and Mulcahy to come into midfield so would expect big improvements from us there.
    Kavanagh won't be there long-term, was just covering for Cassidy, who is an even better player there. Kavanagh will play out wide, and for me our attacking quartet of Kavanagh, Conan, Casso and Philly will cause serious problems to alot of teams this season.

Our main achilles heel looks to be how we look against the aerial ball when Paisley isn't fit (which is too often these days)

10 red cards in 12 games, Sligo had someone sent off.

Sligo 1 up, ****2 scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭overshoot

one hell of a game in Finn Park, Harps 3-2 up against a 10man Mervue at half time. McHugh with 2 goals to bring his tally to 150 for the Harps

_________
    make that 4-2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

man off in Finn Park too.

SLigo win 2-1 equaliser and winner in 90th minute.

Ndo storms off down the tunnel as he has weapons training with the under 12s in the morning* :pac:

*stolen from pats forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Longford Town won tonight against Athlone. Delighted to be top! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Wtf did he do ?
    I was talking to him tonight and he doesn't know himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Longford Town won tonight against Athlone. Delighted to be top! :D

How is Gary Shaw doing down there? Obviously its early days but has he made a good impression?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

SLigo win 2-1 equaliser and winner in 90th minute.

Ndo storms off down the tunnel as he has weapons training with the under 12s in the morning* :pac:

*stolen from pats forum

Been a good week for Sligo. They need to get off to a decent start this season, following slow starts in recent years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

429009_10150708732740306_726840305_11771779_571071120_n.jpg

I was fairly close to the dug out there on Friday, Tommy Dunne was not a happy camper, even when Cork were winning.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Rovers v Bohs tomorrow, it may be the LSC but I'll still be there ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

pint?

Only seeing this now pal. I'll hop in my Delorian and meet you. Tally ho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

*stolen from pats forum

That's brilliant :D

Advertisement