Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭fionnsda

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Piss off with your Establishment crap.

We all know why the SPL wants Rangers to remain where they are, so they can take the income generated but at the same time cripple us for seasons to come.
    McCoist never said it would be the best to stay in the SPL, those are Doncaster's words.

right, you mean by paying your debts, accepting your punishments!

how dare they!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

fionnsda wrote: »
    right, you mean by paying your debts, accepting your punishments!

how dare they!

You mean the same punishments they drastically changed over the course of a few days ?

You mean the same punishments they drastically changed over the course of a few days ?

sorry, not following you!

The SFA added new punishments a while back, completely changing the gameplan.

On another note, pretty much every newspaper, twitter and online blog claims that Bill Miller's bid will be announced preferred bid.

Not sure what to think of this, it will be nice to finally put the uncertainty behind us but Miller's plans for the club don't fill me with confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

The SFA added new punishments a while back, completely changing the gameplan.

Any chance you could stop talking in riddles and start talking about specifics?

• Advertisement

Well it seems going by blogs today, that if rangers become a newco and apply to SFL starting at div 3, they will be free from penalties and all other baggage from rangers oldco.

Take over rangers position in the spl as a newco and inherit fines and penalties from oldco, will as you say cripple them for years!

its the devil or the deep blue sea but it seems that div 3 has to be the best option for rangers newco!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Not sure what to think of this, it will be nice to finally put the uncertainty behind us but Miller's plans for the club don't fill me with confidence.

Was his bid not dependent on guarantees from the SPL for no further punishment which he has not recieved, even if he is announced as preferred bidder it is far from certain that he would actually follow through with this so the uncertainty is far from over.

It is also claimed that D&P claim a CVA is not deliverable, without a CVA isn't his incubator plan ruined?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Remember, Miller's bid is based on the SPL/SFA waiving any further punishments on the club. the SPL will not agree to this.

This is true, the SPL are investigating Rangers over dual contracts. A transfer embargo is the least of Rangers worries.

The new punishments that will be voted about, it's been discussed here pretty extensively.
    And yes, I know they're not actually implemented yet, but call me a sceptic when I think it'll be a unanimous vote in favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

SFA a bit late to be changing the goalposts on punishments when a team is in that situation. What were the punishments before these new proposals? they should stick with them for rangers. after they have been dealt with then change the rules further. (looks like im sticking up for rangers, must be going soft!!!)

• Advertisement

The new punishments that will be voted about, it's been discussed here pretty extensively.
    And yes, I know they're not actually implemented yet, but call me a sceptic when I think it'll be a unanimous vote in favour.

If it will be unanimous then Rangers would have to vote in favour of it too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I didn't realise the Rangers fans boycott against organisations connected to the SFA included their own club! :)

If it will be unanimous then Rangers would have to vote in favour of it too ;)

Rangers fans are protesting against rules that Rangers voted for aswell :pac:

Looks like Miller is about to be announced as preferred bidder...now the ball will be over with the SPL authorities to see if they accede to his demands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Miller bid is now unconditional according to Alex Thomson on twitter

I can't see how they can do this, no way will Ticketus and the creditors/HMRC accept that.

Let alone Whyte, he wants his money.

Alex Thomson
    D&P Rangers Administrators didn't mention Taxman. Didn't mention Ticketus. Didn't mention Craig Whyte. And they ask RFC fans to buy this?

Anyone have a link to the press conference?

I can't see how they can do this, no way will Ticketus and the creditors/HMRC accept that.

Let alone Whyte, he wants his money.

If HMRC have been using Rangers as a test case for bigger fish in Engand then they certainly won't let Miller away with this quite so easily, if he does succeed then he will be just setting an example for every club to follow on how to cheat the tax payer and get away scot-free. Millers plan for Rangers could end up costing Her Majesty's Treasury hundreds of millions if there were English teams even deeper into the scams that Rangers had been who could follow his precendent.

If HMRC have been using Rangers as a test case for bigger fish in Engand then they certainly won't let Miller away with this quite so easily, if he does succeed then he will be just setting an example for every club to follow on how to cheat the tax payer and get away scot-free. Millers plan for Rangers could end up costing Her Majesty's Treasury hundreds of millions if there were English teams even deeper into the scams that Rangers had been who could follow his precendent.

Unless HMRC cut a deal, but I highly doubt it.

Ticketus could be different, they've already dropped hints that if need be they will chase Whyte for their money.

Chris McLaughlin - BBC Sport
    "SPL source tells me that Bill Miller has been given no assurances about possible sanctions for a newco #Rangers"
    Key points from PC interview: can't guarrantee no liquidation, Whyte won't get penny and looks like deal done to play in #SPL next season.

Looks like Rangers will be serving their punishments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

am i missing something?

If this works out without punishment does that mean every scottish club can wipe their debts every summer by using 'incubator' companies?

Surely the SFA/UEFA wont allow this precedent to be set.

bobmalooka wrote: »
    am i missing something?

If this works out without punishment does that mean every scottish club can wipe their debts every summer by using 'incubator' companies?

Surely the SFA/UEFA wont allow this precedent to be set.

A cynical person might suggest the likelihood that this loop hole will be closed after Rangers have used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

A cynical person might suggest the likelihood that this loop hole will be closed after Rangers have used it.

in that case we should splash £100 million on new players at the start of the summer move all to celtics 'incubator' and probably actually pay about £10 million for them in the end.

http://www.channel4.com/news/miller-named-as-rangers-preferred-bidder

Alex Thompson giving Paul Clark a bit of a grilling, I have to say some of his questions were a little unfair on Clark, it wasn't his fault that Rangers cheated and may get away scot-free, that will be down to the Scottish football authorities.

I would have loved him to ask Clark how the creditors would not have made more money from the liquidation of the club and sale of assets though. Surely just selling Naismith, McGregor and Davis alone would have brought the creditors a bigger return than the measly £11 million Miller is providing? Add onto that every other asset and a decent sized kitty could have been provided to recompense some of the victims of Rangers many years of financial crookery.

No chance Rangers would get more than £11m for those 3 given that clubs would hardball them and succeed.

EDIT

Alex Thomson on twatter
    HMRC (taxman) on Rangers - we have had no involvement at all in this takeover to date
    HMRC on poss Rangers takeover "We will consider our position when any package is put to us."

I think HMRC will hold your 'history', i.e. Rangers plc, to ransom. Will Miller pay what HMRC want to get Rangers plc back into the newco? This will all spectacularly blow up in the SFA/SPL's faces as a newco goes straight into the SPL. Heads will roll over this yet, hopefully it will be Doncaster and Regan, two gobshítes regardless.

Dempsey wrote: »
    No chance Rangers would get more than £11m for those 3 given that clubs would hardball them and succeed.

They can only hardball if there is no competition for the players, McGregor definitely would have a good few decent English teams looking at him and Naismith was Rangers' best player this season until he got injured...Davis probably wouldn't be worth much alright, but still the point is that throwing in the rest of the squad, the stadium and every other asset the club owns would have to provide alot more than £11m, even if everything went cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Well well well, this does look like Miller has found a way out that shafts the creditors

It is amazing there are so many loopholes for companies to renege on their commitments and then just reappear

As for the football authorities in Scotland, well they are a joke if they do not impose sanctions.

Make no mistake, this is shafting the taxpayer (& Whyte!)

They can only hardball if there is no competition for the players, McGregor definitely would have a good few decent English teams looking at him and Naismith was Rangers' best player this season until he got injured...Davis probably wouldn't be worth much alright, but still the point is that throwing in the rest of the squad, the stadium and every other asset the club owns would have to provide alot more than £11m, even if everything went cheap.

Their contracts become null and void (at the players wish) if Rangers transfer all their assets into a newco leaving the toxic debt with rangers plc. If they dont, those 3 have already negotiated release clauses into their contracts when they took pay cuts for the rest of the season.

Yes, because they've been so helpful up til now :pac:

I really don't believe anyone will just let this slip though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Advertisement