Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

SiClancy: Some people focusing too much on history and la di blinking dah. Liverpool aren't good enough, have bought badly and look tactically poor.

JenChang88: @SiClancy Situation can easily be rectified though if Dalglish/Comolli spend wisely this summer. Repeat of last window would be disaster.

SiClancy: @JenChang88 Would think Comolli's on the brink. Henry and Werner are fair, but he gets less rope than anyone.

JenChang88: @SiClancy don't know why Comolli should take heat for Downing & Adam, those were clearly Dalglish's - he takes some blame for Carroll though.

Interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

donfers wrote: »
    yawn...clueless sky sports drip fed guff - forget about suarez for a second, any chance you can be transferred out of this thread..I sense big bids coming in from the youtube comments section and the "how to troll badly" guidebook, and heh with those "insightful" views you'd fit in perfectly with the English tabloids where you obviously regurgitate most of your views from - we won't haggle on the fee though, you deserve your move

Who's trolling?

I have said nothing that is not true.

Kenny handled the whole thing badly.

Suarez was clearly guilty of racism. It is sheer nonsense to suggest he didn't racially abuse Evra, take those red tints off for 10 seconds and you might see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

mada999 wrote: »
    you see the problem is not beating the big teams but beating the cannon fodder... has been the same for 10 years or so..... :(
    well im afraid liverpool are slowly turning into cannon fodder, they up their game for the big clubs and give 200 per cent , but from todays performance should they be rated any higher than the likes of fulham ,
    Like go through the player for player , is gerrard any better than dempsey nowadays , they have duff ,zamora , hangeland ,
    Honestly player for player I reckon there is very little in the difference.
    I think the next few spends are very important for liverpool , if they buy ****e again the money may dry up , and mid table may be all they can hope for.I like to see liverpool just outside the top 4 , i would honestly feel terrible for them to go to pot .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

someone mention racism??

already posted this in the match thread...thought I'd get it some air time in here too..

i was sick of the match so i did this around the 60th minute...

for the low low low price of $9999.99 you can too own youre very own

dirkaburka.jpg

Dirka in a Burka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

My reading of that is, Comolli's opinion on young players is given precedence, Dalglish on the older players.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

K-9 wrote: »
    No, my point was aimed at people who were happy with the team picked. You asked me who could play DM and I said nobody, Carra or Coady aren't options.

we shouldnt need a kick ass DM against Bolton, it should be them attacked and battered from the outset..we have a technically better team, but there was a lack of effort today...when Liverpool goes a goal down i never think that we cant come back..but we didnt even look like scoring and then they went two up.. game over.... we didnt give them enough respect....lack of pace, lack of pride..lack of drive and selfish players... arghh!! Many games this season, players going for goal when a pass sidewards could get a goal... and Charlie Adam should be a squad player..

I think kenny made a mistake buying the players he did.... shopping list for the last 10 years...2 pacy wingers, 1 pacy striker, 1 creative midfielder.... :(
    will this cost 100 million :(

we shouldnt need a kick ass DM against Bolton, it should be them attacked and battered from the outset.(

I really don't get what this is based on.

You are talking about professional footballers here!! Irrespective of where they are in the league; if you concede possession easily, don't put them under pressure when they are in possession and let them play, don't track runners and leave big holes in midfield, they are going to take advantage - even of the mighty Liverpool.

I would love to see stats on goals conceded per min with the likes of Lucas in the team and out of the team.

cloptrop wrote: »
    well im afraid liverpool are slowly turning into cannon fodder, they up their game for the big clubs and give 200 per cent , but from todays performance should they be rated any higher than the likes of fulham ,
    Like go through the player for player , is gerrard any better than dempsey nowadays , they have duff ,zamora , hangeland ,
    Honestly player for player I reckon there is very little in the difference.
    I think the next few spends are very important for liverpool , if they buy ****e again the money may dry up , and mid table may be all they can hope for.I like to see liverpool just outside the top 4 , i would honestly feel terrible for them to go to pot .

are you having a laugh; duff, zamora and hangeland..are they better than anyone in Liverpool's first 11??

I really don't get what this is based on.

You are talking about professional footballers here!! Irrespective of where they are in the league; if you concede possession easily, don't put them under pressure when they are in possession and let them play, don't track runners and leave big holes in midfield, they are going to take advantage - even of the mighty Liverpool.

I would love to see stats on goals conceded per min with the likes of Lucas in the team and out of the team.

they are professional footballers, but a professional performance did not happen today,,

What about kenny and his never play for the club again speech,
    They say Benitez was sacked mainly on the players wanting rid .
    Woy cause the fans wanted rid.
    Kenny hasnt got the respect of either by the looks of things and yet he will never be sacked, itll be a political minefield if he is, he will still be in charge in division 3 and everyone will be too scared to tell him to piss off.
    I reckon the American has started to hide his money cause hes too afraid Kenny might ask for more.
    Its like when a beggar cajoles you in the street with a bag of cans in his hand and he tries to beg money off ye and yer like , "sorry bud im smashed"

• Advertisement

they are professional footballers, but a professional performance did not happen today,,

Ok, thanks.

Note what I quoted though.

Kenny hasnt got the respect of either by the looks of things and yet he will never be sacked, itll be a political minefield if he is, he will still be in charge in division 3 and everyone will be too scared to tell him to piss off.

On one hand, you imply that the fans or players don't have any respect for Kenny. Then, in the same sentence, you say that the owners won't have the bottle to sack him and seem to imply that this would be down to the potential reaction from the fans or players or someone else (not sure who else to be honest).

You are either a WUM or stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

In some instances, the two aren't mutually exclusive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

There's a week left of the transfer window and we haven't signing anyone. Striker, DM, winger or attacking midfielder. Without at least 3 signings no top 4 finish. Can't we just forget Carroll. Thank Kuyt and send him om his way.

On one hand, you imply that the fans or players don't have any respect for Kenny. Then, in the same sentence, you say that the owners won't have the bottle to sack him and seem to imply that this would be down to the potential reaction from the fans or players or someone else (not sure who else to be honest).

Do you honestly think he is doing a good job, honestly
    Will you call for him to be sacked? No you wont even answer no to the above uestion even though you know it deep down.
    Personal abuse is not nice , i dont know what a wum is but im sure if icalled you it a mod would be sending me pms.
    Oh edit ,,, hes blaming the players now. they arnt fit to wear the jersey, he gave them when he bought them a few months ago.

Will you call for him to be sacked? No you wont even answer no to the above uestion even though you know it deep down.
    Personal abuse is not nice , i dont know what a wum is but im sure if icalled you it a mod would be sending me pms.

Not really no.

I didn't really want him appointed in the first place. As such, I would have no issue calling for him to be sacked if I thought he should be.

WUM = wind up merchant.

The post that I quoted was absurd. It was of such poor quality that one can only assume that you are looking for a reaction for other posters here. If you honestly claim that you weren't and that it was a genuine post, you aren't exactly a genius. Sorry, I appreciate that that is a bit harsh but that what happens when you post complete horse****.

Bring it to the attention of a mod if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

Oh edit ,,, hes blaming the players now. they arnt fit to wear the jersey, he gave them when he bought them a few months ago.

WUM= Wind up merchant
    your doin a good job for someone who doesn't even know what it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I reckon the American has started to hide his money cause hes too afraid Kenny might ask for more.
    Its like when a beggar cajoles you in the street with a bag of cans in his hand and he tries to beg money off ye and yer like , "sorry bud im smashed"

Sharpen up lad, this is very poor standard stuff.

Not really no.

I didn't really want him appointed in the first place. As such, I would have no issue calling for him to be sacked if I thought he should be.

WUM = wind up merchant.

The post that I quoted was absurd. It was of such poor quality that one can only assume that you are looking for a reaction for other posters here. If you honestly claim that you weren't and that it was a genuine post, you aren't exactly a genius. Sorry, I appreciate that that is a bit harsh but that what happens when you post complete horse****.

Bring it to the attention of a mod if you wish.
    I dont really talk to the mods , im just sayin that everytime an anti liverpool post comes in , the poster gets called all sorts , I am not a typical united supporter , i have said before i dont want liverpool winning anything but i like them sitting a few positions below united, this leads t great banter with half my family.
    I felt very sorry for them last year when relegation was looking possible, I honestly dont wanna see that again.
    I think Kenny was a terrible appointment, bringing rafa back would be bad too. Kenny is now blaming the players , they arnt fit for the jersey he gave them when he signed them a few months ago.
    Another 100 million spent this summer on ****??
    Im not a financial advisor but Liverpool may end up having to pay the next few 100 mill back over a long time. I dont want Ken spending it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

so basically ...

LFC.jpg

and were sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Respect for Kenny will never be in doubt, will never be an issue, and if it is, well...................................

Maybe he should go in the Summer, we'll see. We'll need better alternatives and the fans to keep grounded, unlike when Rafa went.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I may as well just say this to you. Learn to form sentances and grammer. Your posts just look sh!t. You won't survive in the trolling world with posts like this!

The likes of WillChelseaLinfieldRangers1990 should be an encouragement for you!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    I may as well just say this to you. Learn to form sentances and grammer. Your posts just look sh!t. You won't survive in the trolling world with posts like this!

The likes of WillChelseaLinfieldRangers1990 should be an encouragement for you!!
    My posts didnt get beaten 3-1 by bolton today.
    My posts didnt look dominated by a team that will more than likely get relegated.
    My posts would not look better with jamie carragher being in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Kenny will always be a legend but does anybody else think he needs to get with the times?It was great having british players in the 80's when you could tackle but they are not as good as spanish or other nations on the ball and the refs wont let players tackle hard anymore.

mixed up wrote: »
    Kenny will always be a legend but does anybody else think he needs to get with the times?It was great having british players in the 80's when you could tackle but they are not as good as spanish or other nations on the ball and the refs wont let players tackle hard anymore.
    Thats racist lol

mixed up wrote: »

Agree with ya but I look at that the other way. All this stopping and starting and fellas rolling around, getting doctors+physios on the pitch, players goin off for 10 seconds and coming back on having "miraculously" recovered....Thats the problem. Proper hard tackles should be allowed!! The game is goin fúckin pansy!! Anyway sorry thats for another thread man!haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

My posts didnt get beaten 3-1 by bolton today.
    My posts didnt look dominated by a team that will more than likely get relegated.
    My posts would not look better with jamie carragher being in them.

No, they're just full of cloptrop.

I really thought trolling was a yellow card offence??

Obviously not in the LFC thread for some reason.

So you are calling me a troll??
    Isnt that an offence, i got an infraction for that before.

DO NOT FEED....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

So you are calling me a troll??
    Isnt that an offence, i got an infraction for that before.

Why, did I say that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement