Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Jersey Stores

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    For those wondering. I ordered because from HitJersey because they are the only website I've ever seen offer Ireland shirts without the sponsor. I didn't wait around to see That Guy's pics because honestly, if customs let his in, and then they see 2-3 more orders come through, they might be like "That's odd" and then 5-10 more orders of 5+ shirts? I'd rather try and get in as early as possible. Hopefully everybody gets their shirts. I want those Ireland shirts, considering €75 is the price for an sponsorless Ireland jersey with no name or number, and I ordered 5 jerseys for that price, it's worth the gamble imo.

Same here, wanted to get my order in ASAP before the rush of 50+ jerseys comes through customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I sent That Guy a PM too... He's probably just like everyone else... busy!

I think it's a bit of a leap to accuse him of working for the jersey site. he probably just has other things going on and this just isn't a priority. Which is fair enough I'd say.

Woah woah woah... he needs to get his priorities straight! US!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I sent That Guy a PM too... He's probably just like everyone else... busy!

I think it's a bit of a leap to accuse him of working for the jersey site. he probably just has other things going on and this just isn't a priority. Which is fair enough I'd say.

I'm not saying he's linked to it but he's been posting fairly regularly around here anyways so it's very suspicious. If you're posting surely even just a quick comment would be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

that_guy was last seen in guiness and rollies earlier today,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78604702&postcount=5633

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

A new member called Gary_Mc_Cork who just joined boards PM'd me with a link to a youtube video he found about jerseys bought from hitjerseys, he wanted to post it to reassure some of the posters . He's not allowed post in Soccer for a month after joining so here's the video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ah brilliant! I was only going to stick to football jerseys because I am very familiar with thw quality of jerseys these sites do for footy shirts, gonna order a Colorado Avalanche, Boston Celtics and Jacksonville Jaguars jersey next. Delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

In my opinion the site is legit and is actually sending out orders. I am just a bit wary of how they are all getting past customs all of a sudden without seeing proof of it. Even any order of this quantity would be subject to import tax and I'm pretty sure if they open them they will know their counterfeit?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

henke wrote: »
    In my opinion the site is legit and is actually sending out orders. I am just a bit wary of how they are all getting past customs all of a sudden without seeing proof of it. Even any order of this quantity would be subject to import tax and I'm pretty sure if they open them they will know their counterfeit?

Yeah same - although few lads on here have ordered aswell besides the first _guy so fingers crossed they get theirs. Here what about if ya post to address in the north - would that guarantee delivery i wonder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

What kind of customs tax would you be looking at if it did get stopped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Chances are they'd seize em. Happened me with SoccerTriads but got my money back thru PayPal, doubt id be so lucky with this crowd though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Most I have ever paid is 25 Euro so I doubt it be more than that.

According to the Customer Service they do get goods taken by customs. They claim to offer refunds if this happens or they'll send out the same goods again.

I'm sure that_guy will have a nice picture explaining it all :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭Degag

According to the Customer Service they do get goods taken by customs. They claim to offer refunds if this happens or they'll send out the same goods again.

I'm sure that_guy will have a nice picture explaining it all :pac:
    Strange that they'd do that... i mean, it's not exactly their fault if you are caught by customs? Goodwill i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

This is from http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/duties_and_vat/value_added_tax.html
    If you buy online or by mail order etc.
    From outside the EU

You can buy goods from outside the EU up to a value of €22 without incurring any VAT charges. Goods up to a value of €150 may be imported without payment of Customs Duty. To avoid these packages being stopped by Customs, the value should be clearly marked on the label. However, VAT and import duty is charged on importations of tobacco, tobacco products, alcoholic product and perfumes even if they cost less than €22. The Revenue Commissioners provide a guide to the reliefs available for imports from non-EC countries.

If your online purchase costs more than €22 you will have to pay VAT. If your online purchase costs more than €150 you will have to pay VAT and Customs Duty. This will be collected by the company that delivers your parcel. The company usually have an administration charge. Methods of delivery and collection differ from company to company, so you should contact them directly for more information.

Bear in mind you have to pay this for anything legit ordered outside the EU. The fact these jerseys aren't would worry me because if its a sizeable package chances are it will be opened and if there opened thats the end of the jerseys. Hope not though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭crushproof

If and when That Guy returns, I'd be interested to see if any fellow exiles in Oz would be up for picking up a few jerseys and getting the free shipping? let me know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sorry about the delay in these pics lads. I'll have them up after work. Broadband at home has been on the blink a bit. Got it sorted last night. Again, sorry for the delay. I know a few have PM'd cos you've put orders through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

How long did the order processing take with them ?

Did you get any printing done ?

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    How long did the order processing take with them ?

Did you get any printing done ?

We got ours in about a week and a half. I got printing done on both jerseys. I've pictures taken of the back and front so you can see what it looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Any chance of seeing these? Wanna buy from there, looks quality. Ireland shirt for 15 euro or 65 euro. Hmmm.

Such low price and free delivery sounds WAY too good to be true.

1. Most are Thailand version
    2. Presume they're not official merchandise
    3. I don't care; they're a great price.
    4. I'm in Galway; will order 1 or 2. Anyone else interested?

Hi That_Guy. Apologies if you thought we were wrongfully accusing you of dodgy dealings. Circumstances didn't make it look to good though but glad to see you're back.

Just a general question for anybody who has ordered jerseys online from not 100% official sources: Say if they get ceased by customs, are they just taken away or do you get a fine too when they see your name on the package?

• Advertisement

Hi That_Guy. Apologies if you thought we were wrongfully accusing you of dodgy dealings. Circumstances didn't make it look to good though but glad to see you're back.

No apology necessary. My fault for not replying sooner. As I say, I'll have the pics up after work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just a general question for anybody who has ordered jerseys online from not 100% official sources: Say if they get ceased by customs, are they just taken away or do you get a fine too when they see your name on the package?

Have only had one shirt seized last summer that I ordered from Triads, trying to remember what the letter said.. think it just said it will be destroyed? No fine anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

maximoose wrote: »
    Have only had one shirt seized last summer that I ordered from Triads, trying to remember what the letter said.. think it just said it will be destroyed? No fine anyway.

Same, from footballkitstore. The letter just said seized counterfeit nike shirt. Someone in customs' kid got a nice xmas present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

They seem to have very good communication anyway. One of the jerseys I ordered wasn't in the size available, so they emailed me if I wanted anything else in place of it. I just took a smaller size instead and they said no problem, then I got this email this morning;
    Hi,

We informed you that size Small is available but really it is out of stock as well. We will refund this jersey and send the rest.

Sorry for the issue.

Regards,
    julie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

"Julie"... yeah right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

maximoose wrote: »
    "Julie"... yeah right!

Me and Julie have been having the chats :D

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Me and Julie have been having the chats :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That_Guy wrote: »

Eff ya, I thought for a second I was going to see some jersey pictures!
    You're kind of a big deal round these parts ya know, Mr fancy pantsy!:pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    Eff ya, I thought for a second I was going to see some jersey pictures!
    You're kind of a big deal round these parts ya know, Mr fancy pantsy!:pac:

I'm kind of a big deal...

I'll have em up when I'm home from work pal.

• Advertisement

TBF lads that youtube video posted from the guy who ordered from Hitjerseys looked good quality. I'm sure we'll be getting our moneys worth should there be no pesky customs workers doing there jobs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement