Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lets not go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

noodler wrote: »
    It'd be interesting to see what Roy would have done with 100m to spend in a year and whether or not we would be in a better position than now as a result.

He may well have had us in the championship if he'd have stayed on.

Roy should never have been let near our club, nothing in his loooooooooong career indicated he had what it took to manage a club like Liverpool. It was a hideous few months which is best forgotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,536 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It'd be interesting to see what Roy would have done with 100m to spend in a year and whether or not we would be in a better position than now as a result.

He bought Paul Konchesky and Christian Poulsen. End of Discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,536 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mr Alan wrote: »
    He may well have had us in the championship if he'd have stayed on.

Roy should never have been let near our club, nothing in his loooooooooong career indicated he had what it took to manage a club like Liverpool. It was a hideous few months which is best forgotten.

He got the job because English media saw him as a tactical genius for getting Fulham to Europa League Final and Purslow and Co fell for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

And 100m to sell too.

Perhaps would have shipped off Reina, Skittles, Agger, Kelly, Johnson (Surplus to requirements as Paul Konchesky made the role his own)

Sold Lucas (seeing as Paulson had made him redundant).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Supposedly came very close to selling Agger and Lucas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

huIcf.gif
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbynZPN3clo

That gif is so much funnier with this playing in back ground ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

amiable wrote: »

Both would've been off to Inter had Rafa been given the funds. Kuyt would probably have joined them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

my god, that would have been angry mob worthy.

i still hate roy, i think i always will. he tried his level best to make me hate football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I bet he would have bought Adam, Henderson and Downing. Probably Carroll as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

argosy2006 wrote: »
    huIcf.gif
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbynZPN3clo

That gif is so much funnier with this playing in back ground ha!

My endless love came to mind when I first saw the gif.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

The-Rigger wrote: »

Naa nothing beats that corny love song

''one thing you can be sure of i'll never ask for more than your love'' ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Not being critical here or personal, do you ever post anything positive about the club? I mean, were you positive about Hodgson hence being critical about Kenny? Or maybe you were critical about Rafa, Roy and Kenny?

Maybe you just like playing Devil's advocate because you seem to do it in all the match threads and on here.Again, not a personal question or a dig, a genuine question!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,627 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Reminds me of a scene from Blades of Glory.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I can confirm this will not happen.

667.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Can't listen to that in work, what's it all aboo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Can't listen to that in work, what's it all aboo?

Its just a few questions to Bellamy about the game on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

It's ironic all the finals we played in Cardiff, now we're playing against Cardiff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It's ironic all the finals we played in Cardiff, now we're playing against Cardiff.

I don't think you know what irony means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Des wrote: »

Funny, was thinking the exact same thing :)

Cue Alanis Morissette....(oh no you don't! - ed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/three-fixtures-switched-in-april
    Three of Liverpool's Barclays Premier League fixtures in April have been changed.

Our away clash at Blackburn Rovers has been moved from Monday, April 9, to Tuesday, April 10. Kick-off is at 8pm and the game is live on Sky Sports.

Our trip to Carrow Road to face Norwich City remains on Saturday, April 28, but now kicks-off at 5.30pm, live on ESPN.

Our Anfield meeting with West Bromwich Albion now moves from Saturday, April 21, to Sunday, April 22, at 4pm.

Anyone got a number for the office at Anfield?

Trying to get a replacement fancard and they are not answering the international number provided on the site.

Tried about 4 times, it's like ringing a sex line. Some chick comes on and talks shite for about a minute to drain your cash ! Then connect you to a phone that no-one answers, chancers !

• Advertisement

I presume Villa match stays the same so on Easter saturday at 3pm.

Thought that might be moved.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I presume Villa match stays the same so on Easter saturday at 3pm.

Thought that might be moved.

I'd say so because there's games after that date rescheduled already.

I have flights booked for the QPR game on March 17th at Loftus Road but that's postponed now because we are playing Stoke at Anfield:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Tried about 4 times, it's like ringing a sex line. Some chick comes on and talks shite for about a minute to drain your cash !

Hot, single Liverpool fans in your area. Flirt, chat or maybe something more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Des wrote: »

I think its more of a coincidence myself :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

My team for Cardiff,

Pepe
    Johnson, Skyrtel, Agger, Enrique

Gerrard Adam

Kuyt Suarez Bellamy

Carroll

Put Kuyt in for sentimental reasons, he deserves to get a medal and would not be same to win it from the bench .

JB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Yeah i'd love Kuyt to start and if not score at least set one up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Hot, single Liverpool fans in your area. Flirt, chat or maybe something more.

Do you want to speak to Liverpool fans your own age, catch up on all the latest gossip? or simply have a bit of a laugh?

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Cue Elvis Costello...(oh no you don't! - ed)

Actually yes,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Odd statement that he's too long away from football! Its just over a year and he needed the break after all that went on.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Thanks Amiable dont normall check the LFC thread during the day but thought I would. I'm booked for this weekend so had to change flights and hotel reservations as a result. Luckily I think I got in before the masses and I'm only down about 40 euro after all the changes.

W

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I really hope he doesn't go to Chelsea.

Hard to believe he would go there. But crazier stuff has happened so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Just wondering has anyone else ticket for Sunday got Cardiff spelt wrong cause mine has:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

JB81 wrote: »
    My team for Cardiff,

Pepe
    Johnson, Skyrtel, Agger, Enrique

Gerrard Adam

Kuyt Suarez Bellamy

Carroll

Put Kuyt in for sentimental reasons, he deserves to get a medal and would not be same to win it from the bench .

JB

I'd put him in for competitive reasons. The man who scored in a Champions League final, stood proud in a World Cup final, and consistently plays his best stuff in the biggest games. Dirk Kuyt is a money player. You play him in the big game because he will help you to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Really pisses me off that. No regard for supporters who'll have already made plans for those games. Yes, perhaps people should know better by now, but clubs and TV really don't give two fucks about the fans.

Over the last few seasons 3 of our games have been changed with about 10 days notice :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

And more.

Would hate to see Rafa and Pako at Chelsea. Would hate it even more if Roman gave him a free hand in terms of clearing out the squad and bringing in some decent replacements.

I think that with the right backing he could deliver the CL to Roman and with that right backing he could lead Chelsea to the league title as well.

Don't think it will happen though as I just cannot see him going there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

And more.

My Dad told me, this was reported in Germany over the weekend. Apparently, Rafa had been approached by Abramovic already over the phone :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

And more.

You and me both, Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Did Pako and Rafa ever make up after that?

Id hate to see Rafa at Chelsea. People tend to forget he managed us through the toughest off the pitch antics the club ever experienced.

In my 20 odds years of being able to remember football, that 08 season where we finished second was the best I have ever seen us play.

Great times. Epic champions league nights. A European Cup. Rafa deserves so much respect for what he did for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

joe123 wrote: »

In my 20 odds years of being able to remember football, that 08 season where we finished second was the best I have ever seen us play.

Great times. Epic champions league nights. A European Cup. Rafa deserves so much respect for what he did for us.

That 08/09 team played football with a quality second only to the 87/88 team, if only the cowboys had actually cared about the club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Kess73 wrote: »
    And more.

Would hate to see Rafa and Pako at Chelsea. Would hate it even more if Roman gave him a free hand in terms of clearing out the squad and bringing in some decent replacements.

I think that with the right backing he could deliver the CL to Roman and with that right backing he could lead Chelsea to the league title as well.

Don't think it will happen though as I just cannot see him going there.

I think he'll go if its offered to him. I'd say he's itching to manage a big premier league side again. He'd be a very good fit for Chelsea especially as Roman craves the CL so badly. Its hard to figure out exactly happened at Inter. Ranieri will be gone from there too soon enough.
    I think its a bit naive to think he won't manage chelsea just because of his ties to ourselves. I would HATE to see it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

joe123 wrote: »
    Did Pako and Rafa ever make up after that?

Id hate to see Rafa at Chelsea. People tend to forget he managed us through the toughest off the pitch antics the club ever experienced.

Thought Pako and Rafa fell out over Pako's contact with Mourhino when he left Chelsea :confused:

Anyways, I'm the same as you, the best I remember of Liverpool would have been that 08 year as well. Course the were some awful days but they were really outshone by the great days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I think he'll go if its offered to him. I'd say he's itching to manage a big premier league side again. He'd be a very good fit for Chelsea especially as Roman craves the CL so badly. Its hard to figure out exactly happened at Inter. Ranieri will be gone from there too soon enough.
    I think its a bit naive to think he won't manage chelsea just because of his ties to ourselves. I would HATE to see it :(

It will never happen. He failed miserably at Inter and had a terrible last year at the Pool (although i know the cowboys played a part in that).

He is way to negative for Roman, I don't think Roman will want to go back to that style.

As for the CL, well lets be honest his victory in the CL final against Milan was a lucky one, it never should of happened and will most likely never happen again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement