Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Oh ffs, you really are hurting and lashing out all around you. WATP has sinister connotations to a minority of uneducated morons in your support. i dont find it offensive, more laughable really. As for the last part, of ****ing course not. :rolleyes: Not sure about the bouncy though

Maybe lashing out, and probably at the wrong target to be fair - but i don't particularly take too well to being labelled a fascist.

As for the rest - i've read them all at one point or another on this very forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Eirebear wrote: »
    Maybe lashing out, and probably at the wrong target to be fair - but i don't particularly take too well to being labelled a fascist.

As for the rest - i've read them all at one point or another on this very forum.

Why is Dublin mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

'sinister connotations' ?

You mean like 'We don't care what the animals say' ?

Why is Dublin mentioned?

I dunno, it fits into the song.
    But i'm sure it's for bigoted/racist/sectarian reasons of course.

I dunno, it fits into the song.
    But i'm sure it's for bigoted/racist/sectarian reasons of course.

Because it fits into the song, ok. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

You havent read them from me and tbh i was having a go at another poster, not you particularly or rangers fans in general but i do think that particular chant can be interpreted wrongly by some idiots, same as some of our more political slogans can be among the idiots in our support

Easy, because it's one of the last places you'd expect to find Rangers fans following their team.
    But they do ;)

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    'sinister connotations' ?

You mean like 'We don't care what the animals say' ?

No, you just dont get it, im ****ed if im going to try and explain it to you.

Easy, because it's one of the last places you'd expect to find Rangers fans following their team.
    But they do ;)

Can you not use the quote function?

No, you just dont get it, im ****ed if im going to try and explain it to you.

No, it's pretty clear, you think it's some sort of supremacist slogan which caused some Rangers fans to see themselves superior to Celtic fans.

Shocking that, football fans who see themselves as better than their rivals.

• Advertisement

You havent read them from me and tbh i was having a go at another poster, not you particularly or rangers fans in general but i do think that particular chant can be interpreted wrongly by some idiots, same as some of our more political slogans can be among the idiots in our support

Fair enough, as i say i probably shouldnt have vented at you - you just happened to be there at the time! ;)

Can you not use the quote function?
    It's fairly easy to see what I was talking about, figure it out.

No, it's pretty clear, you think it's some sort of supremacist slogan which caused some Rangers fans to see themselves superior to Celtic fans.

Shocking that, football fans who see themselves as better than their rivals.

Why not just chant 'Croppy lie down'? Timmy must know his place.:rolleyes:

Because it fits into the song, ok. Thanks

lol, i dunno if you're being serious, or i'm being serious, or that was just the most banal conversation ever? :D

Why not just chant 'Croppy lie down'? Timmy must know his place.:rolleyes:

Wow, talk about a complex.

lol, i dunno if you're being serious, or i'm being serious, or that was just the most banal conversation ever? :D

:p

It's fairly easy to see what I was talking about, figure it out.

Well when following/reading a number of threads and popping back and forth it would be easier for all if you used the function. It really isn't that difficult and it's courteous to other users. Everyone else does it, would it kill you to show some consideration for fellow users?

Fair enough, as i say i probably shouldnt have vented at you - you just happened to be there at the time! ;)

Lash away, i'm a thick skinned fecker. If i give it, i've no problem taking it, (well most of the time anyway):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Why is Dublin mentioned?
    The real home of the Tri colour. Not Glasgow.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    The real home of the Tri colour. Not Glasgow.

And what has the tricolour got do with it?:confused:

• Advertisement

Daily Record claiming Whyte sold off the shares we had in Arsenal (worth around £240.000) :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Daily Record claiming Whyte sold off the shares we had in Arsenal (worth around £240.000) :mad:

Drop in the ocean though really, compared with the rest of it.

Wasn't it closer to £188,000 but we won't split hairs eh :) At least he never sold off The Loving Cup, or The Bike

Nah, they're worth more than that:
    Fresh information in our possession now shows how Whyte struck a deal worth more than £230,000 with a consortium called Red and White to sell off the 16 shares and cash in on a historic link between the clubs dating back to 1910.

It's not the money, it's the fact he's willing to sell a part of the club's history for personal means.

What's next, some trophies, the bike we got from St Etienne for scrap metal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

N
    It's not the money, it's the fact he's willing to sell a part of the club's history for personal means.

Ah now it might not have been for personal means at all. The figure matches closely the money that went to Banstead Athletic, perhaps all he is doing is replacing an old link with a team on the decline for a new, exciting link with a team on the up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Being serious though the fact that he did that suggests to me that he may consider liquidation as becoming increasingly likely and so decided to act first and thus have a say in where the money for the assets go to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Ah now it might not have been for personal means at all. The figure matches closely the money that went to Banstead Athletic, perhaps all he is doing is replacing an old link with a team on the decline for a new, exciting link with a team on the up!

I think you are right here Pompey its obvious that Rangers feel they should establish a closer link with a team more at their own level, Kyle Bartley will be replaced by some blocklayer from Banstead, exciting times ahead in Govan :D

The St Etienne bike :D

The St Etienne bike :D

It's a part of the club's history, gifted by St Etienne in 1957.
    St Etienne was the bicycle capital of France back then, makes perfect sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Fairly scummy thing for Whyte to do. Doesnt say much about the character of that Red and White consortium either

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement