Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

TheTownie wrote: »
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Love it Park Ji Sung :D

Last night I got the first 3 sigs out of the way, they are being done in order of who PM'd me first, so these 3 are for VW1, grames_bond and TheTownie, enjoy lads!

VW1.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/VW1.jpg

grames_bond.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/grames_bond.jpg

He asked for something religious lol.

TheTownie.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/TheTownie.jpg

Up next: SilverFox261, Rasco1975, IX Deadmau5.

#PhilJonesTakeover.

Great work Mickey !! Kudos to you !

You think we should put the hash tag in the sig too or just have the pic??
    Tweet something about jones being a tank and hashtag it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Love it Park Ji Sung :D

Last night I got the first 3 sigs out of the way, they are being done in order of who PM'd me first, so these 3 are for VW1, grames_bond and TheTownie, enjoy lads!

He asked for something religious lol.

Up next: SilverFox261, Rasco1975, IX Deadmau5.

#PhilJonesTakeover.

Well that's shown me up. Blitzkrieg is go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Whats this, 5 pages in and no mention of Wesley Sneider? Tut tut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Whats this, 5 pages in and no mention of Wesley Sneider? Tut tut!

american-psycho.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

I couldn't afford a christmas present for my nephew this year so I just gave him a blank dvd, and wrote "Torres' best bits" on the cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

What do you all reckon to Milos Krasic, who you nearly bought last season?
    Does anybody rate Cahill, or is he a poor mans Jones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,336 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Cahill's good with the ball at his feet but lacks a bit in defensive positioning and skill, a bit like David Luiz imo. Krasic has looked decent whenever I've seen him but that's only been a couple of times in the last 2 or so years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

I really dont rate Cahill at all. Bolton have been terrible lately which may sway my decision but I still dont rate him, especially for some of the prices floating around.

I have been watching Krasic quite a bit lately. He's a very direct player who has great acceleration for a tallish guy. Rumours of 10million would be a decent price for him. He had a very good season last season, slightly down from this, this season but I really rate Milos. He is most similar to Valencia at United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

In fairness Sgt. everybody else is just a poor Phil Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Whats the craic with us being constantly linked to wingers? We have an abundance already!

Gary Cahill is probably the most overrated defender in the PL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Le King wrote: »

In fairness Sgt. everybody else is just a poor Phil Jones.

Even a poor mans Phil Jones would be a sight to behold.

Thanks for the sig mikey that's awesome, I'll wear it with pride :D

Just to answer Sgt, if the price for Cahill at 5-7m is correct I don't think you will be going too far wrong. He seems to be a pretty decent player, and as is the case with a lot of lower teams it's hard to shine in a team that is quite poor in general.

I reckon he would slot in seemlessly for Luiz beside Terry and do a decent job there. Saying that if Luiz could curb his attacking enthusiasm a bit and concentrate on defending the pair could strike up a decent partnership with the pace, comfort on the ball they both have along with the quite decent positional sense which cCahill seems to possess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mikey that Phil Jones religious sig is pure class. Love it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Blatter wrote: »
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/7388855/Player-of-2011

Nani, Goals on Sunday Player of the year for 2011.

Take a bow son(although it clearly should have been van Persie:p)

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,20144,12384_7393506_12384,00.html

He didn't, unfortunately. I actually paid attention to this last night on Redcafe. Apparently, RAWK tried to rig it so Suarez would win so then Redcafe tried to rig it so Nani would win and it looked like they succeeded but there was a deadline and Suarez was leading at the time so RAWK launched a mini-campaign which included a Youtube video and sending Tweets to Chris Kamara. That must've done the trick because Suarez was deemed the winner. It was funny watching the back and forth between the two forums trying to rig the poll, wasn't friendly or anything but funny all the same.

None of the two of them deserve it anyway, Van Persie has been the best player this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

adox wrote: »
    Mikey that Phil Jones religious sig is pure class. Love it. :D

Ive got a few tricks up my sleeve for these sigs. Some will be novelty, some will be actual sigs. I'm thinking about re-making my Nemanja sig, an honor I could only bestow on the broad shoulders of Phil.

Just wanted to say to those who PM'd me, I havent replied to any of them, I have about 15 so far, but if you PM me I will make you a sig and I will post it in here, so dont think I'm ignoring you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Smegball wrote: »
    Whats the craic with us being constantly linked to wingers? We have an abundance already!

Gary Cahill is probably the most overrated defender in the PL.

well, our width has been one of the not so secret reasons we have have so successful over the past 20 years, fergie just loves his players who can take a man on with sheer power and beat him.

and fergie just loves pace also. with valencia, nani, rooney, young, welbeck and jones, our pace going forward can be frightening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,272 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I hope we are not after Krasic to be honest, we don't need him at all and he has been rubbish for Juventus - wasn't he recently voted flop of the year?

We need a central midfielder, not the striker, or winger we are inevitably going to be linked with.

As for Cahill, another player we don't need - and another over rated player at the same time imo. As others have said, he is a good footballer, but not a good defender. We have Rio at the moment, Vidic will be back next season and we have Jones, Smalling and Evans at the moment too. I wouldn't be against signing a new CB, if it is someone we have identified to replace Ferdinand, in the squad, from next season onwards, but I don't want us panic buying a centre back just cause Vidic is currently out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

UWfHt.jpg
    @rioferdy5 wrote:
    Mame Diouf was called 50cent by a young patient who was a bolton fan! Not for the 1st time though!

Police are investigating...

In fairness, what was he expecting, dressing like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Courtesy of Red Cafe.:D

383276_2585255943212_1008915395_32710813_1230984176_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2011/Dec/ryan-giggs-could-carry-on-for-another-year.aspx?newsid=B1112FA1-C5E7-40DB-9B8D-E262BF439FCD&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
    Giggs could carry on

Ryan Giggs says he is enjoying his football "more than ever" and will sit down with the club in the coming weeks to discuss his future.

The 38-year-old produced yet another vintage display in the 5-0 victory at Fulham and kept up his incredible record of finding the net in every top-flight season he has been involved in, 22 in all. For the last few years Giggs has opted to assess his future each season and with his current one-year deal set to expire in the summer says he will do the same again in the near future.

"It's almost that time when I'll sit down with the manager and see what his plans are [for the future] and I'll see how I'm feeling," Ryan told ManUtd.com. "At the moment I feel really good and I'm enjoying things more than ever. We'll just have to wait and see."

Giggs was in top form at Craven Cottage on Wednesday night, pulling the strings alongside Michael Carrick in the centre of the park.

"I love playing there. I've made no secret of that and it's probably my preferred position now," he added. "I said the other night it's a joy for me and Michael to play in midfield when you've got the movement in front of you like we had at Fulham.

"It makes our job so much easier when you've got three or four players making great runs when you're on the ball."

Hope he stays on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Mikey epic job with this sig!! I love it!! :D

zerks wrote: »
    United players visiting the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital.

article-2078091-0F43976A00000578-929_468x350.jpg

Stand aside mere doctors. Phil Jones is here to fix the children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Love it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Love it. :D

Gonna have to steal it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,336 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

There's been a serious lack of comments on Welbeck's Fresh Prince haircut recently. I thought the high top fade left us with the 90s...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

He's allowed to bring it back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Wont be in tomorrow probably with work,beer,making toys etc so happy christmas to you all and your families and i hope you enjoy the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

article-2078091-0F43A2DB00000578-343_468x309.jpg
    That kid got the short straw imo.

Evans and Gibson for jaysis sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    That kid got the short straw imo.

Evans and Gibson for jaysis sake.

Michael Carrick aint everybody's cup of tea either!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement