Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jack O'Connor and austerity

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

gigino wrote: »
    +1, and well said. Lets drone on about Jack O'Connor instead, woodoo's hero.

I have a photo of Comrade Jack on the Mantelpiece.

He earns 124,000 not 200,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

woodoo wrote: »

He gets 125,000 |(actually €124,895) in pay from SIPTU but his pension package and other directorships bring his total renumeration package close to 200k.

He is a great comrade for you to idolise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

woodoo wrote: »

And this matters how? He should only be earning slightly more than the average wage of those he represents. Oh, I forgot, many of those work in the PS.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Freddie59 wrote: »
    And this matters how? He should only be earning slightly more than the average wage of those he represents. Oh, I forgot, many of those work in the PS.......

Most SIPTU members work in the private sector
    There are a few exceptions like SIPTU represent the fire service who outside Dublin are employed by the councils afaik

I don't know if you mean public or private by PS but either way, SIPTU is the largest private sector union in Ireland

There are other unions that deal exclusively with the public sector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Before poor Jack can expect to regain any public credibility he needs to get off the fence and take a much more visible role into ongoing investigations to get to the bottom of the murky but lavish financial expenditures of HSE monies by various Union officials (who are STILL being paid by the Union). Financial controls at HQ appear to have the robustness of a Holiday Savings club.

Hiding behind 'I didn't know' never works.

Before poor Jack can expect to regain any public credibility he needs to get off the fence and take a much more visible role into ongoing investigations to get to the bottom of the murky but lavish financial expenditures of HSE monies by various Union officials (who are STILL being paid by the Union). Financial controls at HQ appear to have the robustness of a Holiday Savings club.

Hiding behind 'I didn't know' never works.

Yes. It's up there with "I was only carrying out orders". It's sickening to see the smug head on him while the "Labour" Party:rolleyes: carry out their carving up of this country with their FG overlords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

mikemac1 wrote: »
    SIPTU is the largest private sector union in Ireland
    not even one in ten private sector workers are in it. Most public sector workers are in unions. Whatever private sector companies pay their employees is ok because the taxpayer ( net contributer to the government) does not pay it. However by doubling the govenment expenditure on public sector wages in the space of 10 years by " social partnership", from 9 billion p.a. to 18 billion p.a. , the unions played a key part in F****g the country. If only they were as concerned that the regulator / central bank / dept of finance done their job properly.

gigino wrote: »
    not even one in ten private sector workers are in it. Most public sector workers are in unions. Whatever private sector companies pay their employees is ok because the taxpayer ( net contributer to the government) does not pay it. However by doubling the govenment expenditure on public sector wages in the space of 10 years by " social partnership", from 9 billion p.a. to 18 billion p.a. , the unions played a key part in F****g the country. If only they were as concerned that the regulator / central bank / dept of finance done their job properly.

In a nutshell. In a private company people would be told "there's this much coming in - so this is all we can pay you" We've all been there at some point. It is only a matter of time before the truth hits home in the Public Sector. 80% of the education budget goes on salaries. It is truly GUBU.

Advertisement